Does Zamasu like animals?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Does Zamasu like animals?

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:00 pm

I was wondering since he doesn't like savage worlds... but there are a lot of animals who are very savage too... so he hates everything, except planets & nature?
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Spider-Man
Regular

Re: Does Zamasu like animals?

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:16 pm

Zamasu has a pet pig in the manga it safe to say that he likes animal or used to. Probably he likes animal that are not savage.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:26 pm

You can make a case that he does since they're not sentients destroying the multiverse.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:37 pm

Spider-Man wrote:Zamasu has a pet pig in the manga it safe to say that he likes animal or used to. Probably he likes animal that are not savage.
Ok but there are also humans who aren't savage, like children, babies and innocent people for exemple...
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Maybe Zamasu only likes non-sentient creatures like his pet pig? Pigs are omnivores so it's not a herbivore thing. I imagine since it's people who set him off he'd have left the animals and plant life behind.

After all the animals eventually die and become fertilizer for the plants (not to mention things like bees pollinating flowers) so if he got rid of them he'd screw up the circle of life even more.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:06 pm

In the manga, didn't he outright imply he sees a difference between humans and animals. I vaguely recall a dialogue involving worms or something.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:22 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:In the manga, didn't he outright imply he sees a difference between humans and animals. I vaguely recall a dialogue involving worms or something.
Yeah he does say something like that "an earthworm would never dare tread where humans do".
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:41 pm

In theory, Zamasu shouldn't like animals, because they are mortals. And Goku Black in episode 56 mocked Vegeta by calling him a 'lowly animal' (he said that moments before revealing Super Saiyan Rosè). Therefore, Zamasu probably thinks that animals are lowly lifeforms who lack true intellect and reason. But as others noted, there is also that dialogue about the worms in the manga. There is also this picture that shows that Zamasu had a pet during his reign as North Kai:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

You can see that Zamasu's pet is a cute winged pig.

In conclusion, I think that Zamasu hates every mortal and animal species that, in some way, pollutes and threatens the World of Gods. But he doesn't hate the animal species that are harmless, like that winged pig he had as his pet.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:03 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:In theory, Zamasu shouldn't like animals, because they are mortals. And Goku Black in episode 56 mocked Vegeta by calling him a 'lowly animal' (he said that moments before revealing Super Saiyan Rosè). Therefore, Zamasu probably thinks that animals are lowly lifeforms who lack true intellect and reason. But as others noted, there is also that dialogue about the worms in the manga. There is also this picture that shows that Zamasu had a pet during his reign as North Kai:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

You can see that Zamasu's pet is a cute winged pig.

In conclusion, I think that Zamasu hates every mortal and animal species that, in some way, pollutes and threatens the World of Gods. But he doesn't hate the animal species that are harmless, like that winged pig he had as his pet.
But that still doesn't make any sense to me because like I said babies are also harmless.... and a pig can be dangerous too. So the most logical interpretation for me, would be that Zamasu doesn't mind beings who aren't conscious.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:15 pm

But that still doesn't make any sense to me because like I said babies are also harmless
But the babies will grow and become men that will then pollute the world that the Gods carefully built with their sin and violence. Zamasu couldn't risk that, they would become dangerous in the long run. From our perspective, killing babies is obviously horrible, you can bet your house on the fact that I am not arguing that. But from Zamasu's perspective, babies -- like the rest of humanity -- are just flawed creations that should be fixed through destruction.

Perhaps Zamasu didn't hate animals because they could be easily manipulated since they lacked an advanced human brain capable of intellect and reason (whereas the baby one day will grow into a man capable of intelligent thought). As a result, animals wouldn't be able to commit the evil atrocities that the human mind can envision. However, it is also true that Goku Black mocked Vegeta by calling him a 'lowly animal', so he can't like animals if he thinks that 'calling someone an animal' is an insult.

Lastly, remember that hypocrisy is a trait of Zamasu's complex personality. Zamasu, the Supreme Kai who despised and looked down on mortals, and yet who required the body of a mortal to begin his Plan. That is hypocrisy at its finest, and that makes the character even more fascinating.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:28 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
But that still doesn't make any sense to me because like I said babies are also harmless
But the babies will grow and become men that will then pollute the world that the Gods carefully built with their sin and violence. Zamasu couldn't risk that, they would become dangerous in the long run. From our perspective, killing babies is obviously horrible, you can bet your house on the fact that I am not arguing that. But from Zamasu's perspective, babies -- like the rest of humanity -- are just flawed creations that should be fixed through destruction.

Perhaps Zamasu didn't hate animals because they could be easily manipulated since they lacked an advanced human brain capable of intellect and reason (whereas the baby one day will grow into a man capable of intelligent thought). As a result, animals wouldn't be able to commit the evil atrocities that the human mind can envision. However, it is also true that Goku Black mocked Vegeta by calling him a 'lowly animal', so he can't like animals if he thinks that 'calling someone an animal' is an insult.

Lastly, remember that hypocrisy is a trait of Zamasu's complex personality. Zamasu, the Supreme Kai who despised and looked down on mortals, and yet who required the body of a mortal to begin his Plan. That is hypocrisy at its finest, and that makes the character even more fascinating.
Oh I think I get it now. Thank you for clearing that up!
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:46 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:In the manga, didn't he outright imply he sees a difference between humans and animals. I vaguely recall a dialogue involving worms or something.
Yeah he does say something like that "an earthworm would never dare tread where humans do".
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
What he means is that an earthworm knows its place, while mortals keep trying to achieve heights that they don't deserve. He's praising animals in comparison to mortals.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Nitpick: sentience is the ability to feel pleasure and pain. Non-human animals are sentient.
SupremeKai25 wrote:In theory, Zamasu shouldn't like animals, because they are mortals.
"Ningen" literally means human. "Mortals" isnt a terribly helpful translation, especially in this instance. Animals aren't a subset of humans.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:53 pm

Zephyr wrote:Animals aren't a subset of humans.
Sure about that?

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:03 pm

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:37 pm

I think these quotes do a good job of summing up Zamasu's opinion on mortals and creation as a whole...

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]