Weekly Shonen Jump chapter

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Weekly Shonen Jump chapter

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:28 pm

A few years ago my house flooded and one of my weekly jumps got damaged to the point of falling apart. I ended up tossing most of it except the Dragon Ball chapter. I decided to scan it in as a means to archive it and share it with you guys as the Jumpstyle re-releases weren't a 1:1 :D Included are the ads than ran with the chapter as well as the back page. Everything is in order except for the first scan.

This is for those who don't have weekly jumps and want to check out what it was like reading them or those who dig the ads and can get some nostalgia outa this. I figured not many scans exist as the books themselves are rather fragile, tho it would be great to archive the complete run digitally, perhaps even the full books.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

sskura

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump chapter

Post by sskura » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:25 am

this is sweet!! thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:35 am

Toriyama's art is nothing short of amazing.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:24 am

That was very pretty to see. Thank you.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:35 am

Toriyama is such a master at staging action sequences. You can "feel" the movements almost like you're watching the anime. Thanks for sharing these scans!
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:52 am

I'm not a fan of those partial colored pages. They only emphasize how the rest of the panel isn't colored. I much prefer just black and white or grayscales.