Episode #0076 (06 May 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0076 (06 May 2007)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun May 06, 2007 12:21 am

Episode #0076 (download MP3)
66:56; 64 kbps, mono; 30.6 MB

Episode #0076! VegettoEX, Meri, Julian, and Jeff review, analyze, and discuss volume four of the manga. Now that the series has hit its stride, how does it compare to previous volumes? News of remastered French movie boxsets, May's releases, Top 5 couples, and your e-mails round out the episode. Referenced sites: Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the splendid *seventy-six* episodes, now.

E-mails, ahoy! It's always encouraging to see that we have listeners from such diverse demographics... male & female, and countries all over the world. I guess that's just a testament to the franchise's appeal. As always, we certainly welcome your e-mails, be they questions, comments, Top 5 list suggestions, or offers of free Dragon Boxes. We'll work out the details... just drop us a line!

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Sun May 06, 2007 1:17 am

I will listen to the podcast, but before I do I have some questions about this. I mean, how is it that this is still news and still mentioned with practically every podcast so far? Really? Is there any reason why they are still not sending it out via mail? Maybe I should have gotten it the old fashioned way rather than use the online seller.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun May 06, 2007 9:42 am

Bardock the Mexican wrote:I will listen to the podcast, but before I do I have some questions about this. I mean, how is it that this is still news and still mentioned with practically every podcast so far? Really? Is there any reason why they are still not sending it out via mail? Maybe I should have gotten it the old fashioned way rather than use the online seller.
It's helpful when you describe what "this" and "it" are :).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun May 06, 2007 10:15 am

Update again: In addition to the price drop (wich is now 57.00 EUR~77.4430 USD, NOT 130), it seems like the movies will be in 16:9, not 4:3, like previously stated.

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Sun May 06, 2007 11:14 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Bardock the Mexican wrote:I will listen to the podcast, but before I do I have some questions about this. I mean, how is it that this is still news and still mentioned with practically every podcast so far? Really? Is there any reason why they are still not sending it out via mail? Maybe I should have gotten it the old fashioned way rather than use the online seller.
It's helpful when you describe what "this" and "it" are :).
I think it and his are the news. Of course I'm not the best person to try and work it out.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Sun May 06, 2007 9:10 pm

Aw man, classic in-house Ginyu was THE BEST. I love Armstrong (my favorite narrative work is his in Dragon Ball), but classic Ginyu took Toriyama's gag (that the Ginyu Tokusentai were Super Sentai (Power Rangers) knock-offs), and brought it to the next level of retarded. Seriously, every line out of Ginyu's mouth in this era is priceless. It would be nice to hear them set to "Akai Ribbon".

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun May 06, 2007 11:27 pm

Nice podcast/manga review of awesomeness. My favorite part of that manga volume was when the Announcer was carrying Kuririn and Roshi along as they explained all the stuff they did in that flash second, like spitting and shooting boogers in each others' faces :lol:.

The Borat e-mail was a nice edition to the episode, too.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon May 07, 2007 5:01 am

Okay. So you mentioned something about a Mad World video, Mike. Where is it?
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 07, 2007 6:36 am

Kendamu wrote:Okay. So you mentioned something about a Mad World video, Mike. Where is it?
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... er_id=2104

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Mon May 07, 2007 11:04 am

Monday morning comments! Fun manga discussion! Sexual tension in DBZ? Accents galore!

I figured Mike was gonna mention Frieza & Cell as the best couple, but then he says Goten & Trunks, specifically from Movie 11 (and not from the renowned naked fusion scene w/Goku) with the licking of the butt. Well, it takes a man very comfortable with his heterosexuality....

And Jeff goes "Did he say... butt licking?" I half expected Mike to say "Not butt licking, you twit, ball flicking!" (Who gets that reference?)

The e-mails got a little silly near the end with giving the DBZ people with different English accents, and of course Julian reading the e-mail like a certain foreign reporter... It's channeling the silliness from the greatest Podcast episode EVAR, Episode 25 and its technology discussion. Fun fun fun times. I enjoyed it a lot.
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Mon May 07, 2007 12:15 pm

I'm up for making a short collection of clips to represent what a UK Dragonball dub would be like. I just need to get the right clips.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Mon May 07, 2007 2:54 pm

Gaiash wrote:I'm up for making a short collection of clips to represent what a UK Dragonball dub would be like. I just need to get the right clips.
Cool

Is it going to be serious or parodying us (english) , E.g Is Goku going to say anything like "Bloody hell cell , I don't think I can beat you. Ahh bugger it. Gohan your up." LOL

Vegard Aune
Advanced Regular

Post by Vegard Aune » Mon May 07, 2007 3:03 pm

SSJmole wrote:
Gaiash wrote:I'm up for making a short collection of clips to represent what a UK Dragonball dub would be like. I just need to get the right clips.
Cool

Is it going to be serious or parodying us (english) , E.g Is Goku going to say anything like "Bloody hell cell , I don't think I can beat you. Ahh bugger it. Gohan your up." LOL
Propably a parody. I mean, the UK already HAS an official, serious dub, so why make another?

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Mon May 07, 2007 5:11 pm

Vegard Aune wrote:
SSJmole wrote:
Cool

Propably a parody. I mean, the UK already HAS an official, serious dub, so why make another?
We had 3 or 4 badly done films. "big green" and voices that drove me crazy. The tv show we got was USA dub and Canadian dub.

but Parody works too. I just wish uk would get the american dvds. And we should too. I mean usa dvds are region 2 as well as 1 so why not just sell them here?

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon May 07, 2007 8:11 pm

The idea of all of the UK English speaking styles for varying DBZ characters is a topic worth exploring...
And. Umm. Julian could do the whole thing, and we could pay him in... fanart. :-/

Awesome, but that goes without saying. :D!
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue May 08, 2007 12:07 pm

Hey, you haven't done your usuall "Say Anything" song quotes at the end anymore. :cry:

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Tue May 08, 2007 4:23 pm

SSJmole wrote:
Cool

It'll be a collection of gag clips. Bulma will definatly sound like the women in Eastenders.

Bardock the Mexican
Regular

Post by Bardock the Mexican » Tue May 08, 2007 4:59 pm

Let me clarify what I said. All I meant was that it confused me how the whole Funi Spanish DVDs were given links in the list of links for this week's podcast. That was that and the it was when I meant I should have bought the discs using the old fasioned way like buying them in a store than online.
Ejercito Zapatista de Liberacion Nacional: Es nuestra palabra sencilla...

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue May 08, 2007 5:51 pm

Bardock the Mexican wrote:Let me clarify what I said. All I meant was that it confused me how the whole Funi Spanish DVDs were given links in the list of links for this week's podcast.
Umm... because they were part of the "Releases" segment... 'cuz... they come out this month... :)

QuantumDestiny
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by QuantumDestiny » Sat May 12, 2007 11:47 pm

Ahh! Okay I'm late listening to this but... couples!! Yes!! I've been wanting to hear you guys talk about them... only... noo! Goku/ChiChi is #1 for me. Oh my god, I died at Trunks & Goten!! :shock: I am strangely intrigued. *flashbacks of 'This was never meant to be'*