DragonBall Z Legends Soundtrack... Now At CDJapan!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

DragonBall Z Legends Soundtrack... Now At CDJapan!

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:42 pm

I just wanted to give you people a heads up that CDJapan.co.jp now has (for some odd reason) the soundtrack to DragonBall Z Legends... IN STOCK!

This is realy odd because when I search for DragonBall CD's I usually get all the new stuff... or the new re-releases. This is a rare treat, grab it while you can.

CDJapan.co.jp:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=COR-13661

Daizex Music Database (Video Game Soundtracks): http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/music/ ... _cds.shtml

Grandmaster J
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Grandmaster J » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:36 pm

Thanks for the heads up Tanooki-san. :) This truly is a rare treat. And Iam not going to pass up this opportunity.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:57 am

I put in my order. :)

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:23 am

Shit, the only one I've never listened to!

*orders*

- Bilis
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:58 pm

Well, that was out of nowhere. Anyone know if this CD is good? I know its rare, and if the music is nice, I don't want to pass this up.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:29 pm

The Never Ending, Never Give Up vocal version is pretty damn awesome.

COCONUT MILK
Beyond Newbie

Post by COCONUT MILK » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:47 am

It's one of the more boring cd's, the music is not great but it's dragonball. Only get it to complete your collection if you ask me.

I could set up a preview of the music if you want..
Last edited by COCONUT MILK on Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:04 am

COCONUT MILK wrote:It's one of the more boring cd's,
the music is not great but it's dragonball,
only get it to complete your collection if you ask me.

I could set up a preview of the music if you want..
I slightly disagree. It's all in what you make of it. If you played the Hell out of the game, then it's definitely a great CD to pick up. The songs are of much higher quality than they are as redbook audio on the game disc, and a couple songs have been turned into vocal versions. It's certainly something I listen to every so often, but I will admit that unless you have a familiarity with the game, your high points will probably just be the vocal version of "NEVER ENDING, NEVER GIVE UP" and the fact that it's hard to come by these days as a purchase :).

Also, if you could, please do not put separate sentences (or in this case, parts of sentences) on their own lines. That's not how English works. Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

COCONUT MILK
Beyond Newbie

Post by COCONUT MILK » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:24 am

Better now?
:o

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:48 am

The only thing I am curious about is that the catalog number on cdjapan doesn't match the one on the music database. Is it the real thing or what?

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:08 pm

The only thing I am curious about is that the catalog number on cdjapan doesn't match the one on the music database. Is it the real thing or what?
I noticed that to, it also says the release date was 2001 on CDJapan, but they don't sell bootlegs. Probley just a typo or somthing.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:55 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
I noticed that to, it also says the release date was 2001 on CDJapan, but they don't sell bootlegs. Probley just a typo or somthing.
Was it reprinted?

SS Kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by SS Kakarot » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:51 pm

It's a great (and rare) CD, so I say go get it. :wink:
Strange that they have it all of a sudden though. :?
My Cels:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:48 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:

Hopefully it's that or a reprint (though I haven't heard anything about it.) I have no interest in purchasing a bootleg...already went through that back in the late 90's before I even knew that bootleg versions existed.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:31 pm

Hey, I know its been a while since anyone posted in this topic, but...

For those of you who ordered this CD... Did you receive it yet? Every time I check the status at CDJapan it says "Not Yet Shipped ". Anyone else?

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:44 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Hey, I know its been a while since anyone posted in this topic, but...

For those of you who ordered this CD... Did you receive it yet? Every time I check the status at CDJapan it says "Not Yet Shipped ". Anyone else?
I got an email last week saying it'll be shipped in a week or 2.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:03 pm

Yeah, I wanted to hear some feedback from someone who bought it and recieved it before I put my order in.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:59 am

Mine shipped today!

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:29 pm

I got mine in today.

It's obviously a remake (The release date is 8-20-98 ), but it seems that it was cheaply produced to make a quick buck. The insert paper feels like some fanboy printed out the cd cover on cheap paper rather than the solid glossy paper most cd insert papers have. I have to admit that even bootleg cds have better packaging. :?

It seems to be part of Columbia's "On demand CD-R R-Ban series". When I opened the box, I thought I got a bootleg CD-R. :x

The actual music on the cd is really cool. It has all the bgm from the game (some of it sounds a tad different, but you'll recognize it easily) plus a few nice extras. I highly recommend it.

I'll have pictures of it up at a later time.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:29 pm

The insert paper feels like some fanboy printed out the cd cover on cheap paper rather than the solid glossy paper most cd insert papers have. I have to admit that even bootleg cds have better packaging.
I freaked out when I got mine today, I even E-mailed Mike with some scans cause I knew he had this (official) CD....