Could this mean we eventually get GT music?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nwoo_2002
Beyond Newbie

Could this mean we eventually get GT music?

Post by nwoo_2002 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:19 pm

With the upcoming releases of the Kuro-chan collections could this mean that, in the not too distant future, we get a GT collection? I know it seems unlikely but the single R2's should be released soon and this year is the 10th aniversary of GT's conclusion. Would a collection follow?

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:08 pm

Well, we've already been getting new CDs for DB and Z since...2003? Since we haven't gotten anything yet among all these other new CDs, and we never did get any back during its original run, I tend to doubt we ever will.

It could be some kind of weird rights thing, which would also go along with the fact that the composer changed and all the vocal songs were pretty much J-pop songs that had little to do with the series.

Also, what's with the "kuro" stuff here and on the main page of the site? It's Koro-chan. :oops:
-Rachel

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:43 am

TripleRach wrote:Also, what's with the "kuro" stuff here and on the main page of the site? It's Koro-chan. :oops:
Haha... thanks... I think it's a holdover from Trigun's Kuro-neko-chan in my brain :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Shin Moonwalker
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shin Moonwalker » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:12 am

Another way to get the GT Music would be if Funimation released GT season sets with a "dub with original musics" version in 5.1 :)
This way we could rip them :)

Grandmaster J
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Grandmaster J » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:21 pm

I just bought a copy of the 10th Anniversary Movie OST, and that's a great source for most of the GT music. It doesn't have every single score from the GT series, but it still has a lot (of good ones). I recommend picking it up.

On the other hand, we really need an official GT soundtrack, badly. A collection is long overdue. I wonder why we haven't seen one yet.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:13 pm

Yeah the 10th anniversary OST is essentially a DBGT soundtrack. Itd be pretty pointless to release a new one. Especially now.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:47 pm

Shin Moonwalker wrote:Another way to get the GT Music would be if Funimation released GT season sets with a "dub with original musics" version in 5.1 :)
This way we could rip them :)
With sound effects.

JohnnyBoy_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by JohnnyBoy_Z » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:31 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:Yeah the 10th anniversary OST is essentially a DBGT soundtrack. Itd be pretty pointless to release a new one. Especially now.
The 10th Anniversary OST really doesn't have all of the GT scores on it though, just as Grandmaster J pointed out. It's missing some really good ones. So, yeah, a GT OST CD is something that needs to become a reality.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:36 pm

I really don't know what the fuck their problem is with releasing GT music. Hopefully we'll get some when the R2's start coming out.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:13 pm

Who knows? Perhaps there's some copyright issues with some parts of the music we're unaware of?
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Super 17
Regular

Post by Super 17 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:05 pm

Damn we need a GT collection bad, I think if they don't release one by the end of next year we will all be shit out of luck.

JohnnyBoy_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by JohnnyBoy_Z » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:20 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:Who knows? Perhaps there's some copyright issues with some parts of the music we're unaware of?
That could be possible. Maybe one or more of the bands who made the opening and endings themes might have an issue with having their songs re-released or something along the lines of that.