Searching for Tournament Saga DVD.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KillerCory
Beyond Newbie

Searching for Tournament Saga DVD.

Post by KillerCory » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:45 pm

I'm currently trying to acquire all of the Dragonball DVD box sets. I've searched through several sites and it has been a real challenge in finding one that is selling the Tournament Saga.

Any sites/suggestions?

Thanks
Goku: "Look Vegeta! People popcorn!"
Vegeta: "What is he on?"

Greato-Larukoman

Post by Greato-Larukoman » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:49 pm

Hello,

Those are very rare to find nowadays. You're looking for the R1 version aren't you? You should try ebay (expensive, but you'll find it)

The other alternative: Buy the R4 release from Madman. You'll need a region free player & a TV which is PAL compatible.

Good Luck. :)

Bomber Greek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bomber Greek » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:59 pm

Haha, I checked eBay earlier and saw if I could find it for him, but it wasn't there. :P

I'd just check often. You never know when someone will sell it... You might want to try Amazon too, but I never really see it there.

dchan316
Beyond Newbie

Post by dchan316 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:19 pm

The last time I saw that on eBay, there were two of them, at least $150 each, made me SOO sad. Yea, I tried collecting them a few months ago, as well, but gave up after I saw that. Just need that one and the two King Piccolo sagas...

KillerCory
Beyond Newbie

Post by KillerCory » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:24 pm

Ouch.

I will keep trying.

I saw a used Red Ribbion Army DVD at a Coconuts Music & Videos store. It was $20 so I will get that, because it looks like finding a new copy will be impossible.

Why did Funimation stop producing them? I mean they are the latest Dragonball set of DVDs.

*Gasp* they will be releasing a "re-mastered" version I bet. :lol:

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:35 pm

*hugs my Madman R4 sets*

Sometimes it's not all that bad being Australian :P

Once my second boxset is paid off (shut up I'm poor) only two dvds stand between me and a complete set of Dragonball (Movie 2 and movie 3, already got path to power)

dchan316
Beyond Newbie

Post by dchan316 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:39 pm

KillerCory wrote:Ouch.

I will keep trying.

I saw a used Red Ribbion Army DVD at a Coconuts Music & Videos store. It was $20 so I will get that, because it looks like finding a new copy will be impossible.

Why did Funimation stop producing them? I mean they are the latest Dragonball set of DVDs.

*Gasp* they will be releasing a "re-mastered" version I bet. :lol:
Gyagyahgyah, that would be nice! Yea, I wonder why they stopped producing them as well. They're so fun to watch, and I really liked how those episodes came out. It was a great price for the amount of episodes on each set, too.

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:11 pm

Man, I remember when I collected all the Dragon Ball sets 3 or 4 years ago and was picking them up very easily and for DIRT cheap. I recall getting all 4 Piccolo related sets brand new and sealed from a guy on ebay for $9.50 a piece. So glad I got them when they were available. Funimation just needs to get their licensing for the first 13 episodes straightened out so I can watch them in Japanese w/subtitles without importing a PAL version.

KillerCory
Beyond Newbie

Post by KillerCory » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:31 pm

Man, I remember when I collected all the Dragon Ball sets 3 or 4 years ago and was picking them up very easily and for DIRT cheap.
Same here. I was able to get all 4 Piccolo dvds and Tien saga. I didn't purchase the rest because I had them on VHS.

I did purchase the General Blue saga because the 2nd of the 3 vhs tapes was never released!

skatezeppelin
Beyond Newbie

Post by skatezeppelin » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:00 pm

I have three of the Tournament Sets. One of the sets I bought on eBay for $150 brand new, but when I got it home the disc had been sliding around because the plastic center lock on the case was cracked. The disc has very little scratches but I watched it through without any problems. I found a set on half.com for $65 used and when i got it it was mint. The last version i have is R4 which i had bought first but sometimes the ghosting is annoying.
I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:01 pm

I lucked out and got it for 15 bucks on ebay last week.

KillerCory
Beyond Newbie

Post by KillerCory » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:06 pm

R1 or R4?

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:54 am

Best I can tell you is to search your local GameStops. They usually sell all DB/Z/GT DVDs for either $5.99 or $9.99. Keep in mind that they're used, but it's the cheapest local way of getting the DVDs.

Still looking to at least complete my Dragon Ball DVDs (only have the Commander Red, King Piccolo DVD sets as well as the first Piccolo Jr. set).

Undercooked Sausage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Undercooked Sausage » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:07 am

Glad I bought it about a year ago for like eight bucks.

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:14 am

Darn, have they really gotten that expensive? I remember buying all but 3 sagas for only $36 on one ebay auction. It was a steal.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Cold Cobra
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Cold Cobra » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:49 am

I brought the Region 4 Australia complete boxset releases... although they have yet to arrive. (EzyDVD, easy DVD my arse! :x )
Er.... No.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:31 am

DAMN, those things are pretty recent nd they're THAT diffucult to find now?

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:05 am

KillerCory wrote:
R1 or R4?
R1. I actually went and bought the R4 release before this though cause I thought I would never find a copy under 100 bucks....I need to sell my R4 set now.

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:10 am

I got them as they released, but I noticed that my local Suncoast Video has one or two of these sets used. I'm not sure of the price, and I know they're valuable. I did import the MadMan version of Saga of Goku so I could have the whole thing.

Anyway, if you have a Suncoast Video or a bigger FYE, check to see if there's a used anime section. I know they tend to be picky about disc quality for trades, so if you find them, they should be in good condition there.

the_abberration
Regular

Post by the_abberration » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:47 pm

I noticed you're from N.C.. If you travel to VA, check out a place called Cool Stuff in VA Beach. They had some DB DVD's and I recall seeing Tournament Saga.

However, this was last Saturday so I can't garuntee that they still have it.
1 Corinthians 13: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Except the anime. Never the anime.

"Look. I'm not allowed to hold you, but I'm sworn to protect you"-Sergeant Hatred

The Lineup: Danger Mouse