DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:26 am

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:So, anyone know why Episode 1 isn't on their channel anymore?
FUNimation took it down.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:51 am

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:So, anyone know why Episode 1 isn't on their channel anymore?
TeamFourStar is currently working things out with Funimation and expect to soon have permission to re-upload it. They think that Funi reported it because it was such a popular video and had the word "episode" in it's title and clearly had their footage (that's why all of their videos are now titled "parody episode"). I can upload the 38mb .mp4 video of episode 1 to Megauplaod if you want (it's in a little higher quality than YouTube had it in).

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:05 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:
TeamFourStar is currently working things out with Funimation and expect to soon have permission to re-upload it. They think that Funi reported it because it was such a popular video and had the word "episode" in it's title and clearly had their footage (that's why all of their videos are now titled "parody episode"). I can upload the 38mb .mp4 video of episode 1 to Megauplaod if you want (it's in a little higher quality than YouTube had it in).
No, I'm fine. In fact, Episode 1 was my least favorite, and I almost didn't watch episode 2(currently tied with 5 for my favorite) because the first turned me off so much. Mostly, the only reason I gave it another shot was Daizex's podcast.

So yeah, thanks but no thanks. I just found it curious that it was gone.

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:47 am

Episode 2's my absolute favorite still because of the utterly hilarity that is the editing in the Radditz fight. And the witty banter between Pic and Son, and the use of stupid dub lines for even more humor.

I love when people are too stupid to watch a five minute video and figure out that it's a parody. They'd rather just have it banned. Here's to hoping it gets cleared up and they're not driven off youtube like Littlekuriboh was.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:40 am

Gohan use headbutt!!!
"GOHAN!!!"

You do know it is impossible for a normal move to be super effective, but whatever! It is still funny!

Question, does DBZ Abridged have it's own website?
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Hao_Kaiser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Hao_Kaiser » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:25 pm

Wow, Forgotten Hero, way to nitpick, dude. Haha, but I kid.

Seriously, though, I love what I've seen of DBZ:A so far. I've been yelling "NERD!" in a Piccolo voice at school recently, and I'll throw out "Mahogany" as a response in general conversation.

I'm a very weird kid.

I can't wait to see episode five, though... And I hope TFS keeps doing what they're doing.

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:30 pm

Oh my gosh, episode 5 was so hilarious!! :lol: That is definitely my favourite episode, above the others. Nappa is such an idiot! It will be sad when he gets killed. Can't wait till the next episode comes out.
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:12 pm

Episode 5. Brilliant! :lol:
14 years later

GAME1213

Post by GAME1213 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:00 am

Awesome TeamFourStar FAQ #1 Video! It's as funny as the episodes!

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:18 am

You guys really have well and truly won me over, just watching this FAQ video, I realize how attached I am to Nappa, I know he has to die, but please give him the send off he truly deserves.

And bring him back as a ghost when appropriate.

Snail

Post by Snail » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:58 pm

Episode five was great.

"DOOODGE!!!!"

Another awesome release.

Also, wow this must have slipped my mind but..Bojack was imprisoned within King Kai's planet?! How..random.

KaiserNeko

Also...

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:10 pm

We'd like to apologize for using Hercule instead of Mister Satan, we used the more widely used term. If we'd have used Mister Satan, we'd of had to write ANOTHER FAQ explaining who Mister Satan is.

Blame FUNimation and Viz. ^.^
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:11 pm

Snail wrote:Also, wow this must have slipped my mind but..Bojack was imprisoned within King Kai's planet?! How..random.
In the movie, it's said that he was imprisoned by the four Kaio, and that North Kaio's death caused the seal to be broken. It doesn't specify where he was actually imprisoned.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Snail

Post by Snail » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:25 pm

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification!

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Re: Also...

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:25 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:We'd like to apologize for using Hercule instead of Mister Satan, we used the more widely used term. If we'd have used Mister Satan, we'd of had to write ANOTHER FAQ explaining who Mister Satan is.

Blame FUNimation and Viz. ^.^
All things considered a lot of dub fans know who Mr.Satan is seeing as how the uncut DVD's actually do call him "Mr.Satan". In any event I personally see your abridged show as a parody on the dub and its quality so no complaints here.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

DaemonCorps

Re: Also...

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:04 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:We'd like to apologize for using Hercule instead of Mister Satan
Well you had the annoying fanboy say it, so it's not like it was out of character or anything.

Loved the FAQ video. Vegeta repeating himself about the banana on a unicycle (sorry, tricycle) was hilarious. Same goes for the Oozaru bit :D.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:07 pm

Since DBZ Abridged is a parody of ALL THINGS Dragonball, including the dub, I think it's fitting to have him called Hercule. Also, honestly, Hercule as a name never bothered me as a change as much as most everything else.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:29 pm

Just so everyone knows, it'll be Mister Satan in the actual show.

H.ercule Satan, but still Satan.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:02 pm

After Nappa "dies", will he still remain a letter-answerer for the FAQ's? I'm going to miss listening to him and Vegeta bantering back and forth.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:28 pm

Like a couple others here, I'm guessing Nappa's gonna come back from the dead just for kicks, kinda like what Robot Chicken did with bringing back Jar Jar after just to annoy the hell out of Vader :lol:. There's also the possibility of those little videos in between episodes. Though even those seem to have some sense in them. I mean, the FAQ went out of their way to give some kind of explanation for why the Farmer came back...
Last edited by DaemonCorps on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams