DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:29 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Like a couple others here, I'm guessing Nappa's gonna come back from the dead just for kicks, kinda like what Robot Chicken did with bringing back Jabba after just to annoy the hell out of Vader :lol:. There's also the possibility of those little videos in between episodes. Though even those seem to have some sense in them. I mean, the FAQ went out of their way to give some kind of explanation for why the Farmer came back...

You just confused Jar Jar and Jabba.

I hate you now.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:30 pm

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:
DaemonCorps wrote:Like a couple others here, I'm guessing Nappa's gonna come back from the dead just for kicks, kinda like what Robot Chicken did with bringing back Jabba after just to annoy the hell out of Vader :lol:. There's also the possibility of those little videos in between episodes. Though even those seem to have some sense in them. I mean, the FAQ went out of their way to give some kind of explanation for why the Farmer came back...

You just confused Jar Jar and Jabba.

I hate you now.
I guess you should hate me too for not catching that mistake. :lol:
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:08 pm

Aw crap (edits). It's been a long summer...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:33 pm

I just saw the FAQ and it makes me miss Nappa even more! (even though he's not dead........yet!)
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:55 pm

TFS Universe Wiki article on the Polio vaccine wrote:*Snip image of Farmer with Shotgun*

Helped develop the vaccine with the aid of his cows.
@ KaiserNeko: Man that's funny! I found that actual article and was wondering if you guys really did put that picture of the farmer in there (if only temporarily)? It really looks like you did but I couldn't find any evidence of it in the articles history.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:10 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
TFS Universe Wiki article on the Polio vaccine wrote:*Snip image of Farmer with Shotgun*

@ KaiserNeko: Man that's funny! I found that actual article and was wondering if you guys really did put that picture of the farmer in there (if only temporarily)? It really looks like you did but I couldn't find any evidence of it in the articles history.
It's called Photoshop, m'friend. =D
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:08 am

KaiserNeko wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:

It's called Photoshop, m'friend. =D
That's what I thought, since you seem to be very talented at image editing.

Great job with all of the extra's that you guys keep putting out!

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:20 am

That new FAQ is great! It answered my stupid questions! :lol:
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:18 pm

I'm gonna miss Nappa. I'd never say that before watching this Abridged series, but hell, I'm gonna miss him! Kaiser, maybe suggest to the others to use more footage of him after his demise? They can be flashbacks or premonitions to his future in GT, I dunno. :shock:
14 years later

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:08 am

He might come back, for a bit, after Vegeta's death on Planet Namek.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:37 am

damn I'm tired of everybody liking nappa. It's getting annoying. Screw Nappa, i hope he stays dead forever.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:48 am

Jackal puFF wrote:damn I'm tired of everybody liking nappa. It's getting annoying. Screw Nappa, i hope he stays dead forever.
Noo trolling!

Anyways, I was watching a video on youtube and someone mentioned that TFS used a Gozar reference in Abridged, could someone tell me where that was because I must've missed it.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Re: Also...

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:54 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:23 pm

I'd hardly call it a dead on mimic as Sabat changes the voice up a lot, at least nowadays. When he's guiding the player in the Saiyan saga he just speaks in the lower registers of his voice which admittedly is not too far away from his natural voice.

God knows many if not all of the JPN cast members use character voices.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:27 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I'd hardly call it a dead on mimic as Sabat changes the voice up a lot, at least nowadays. When he's guiding the player in the Saiyan saga he just speaks in the lower registers of his voice which admittedly is not too far away from his natural voice.

God knows many if not all of the JPN cast members use character voices.

I was actually quite surprised to find out that Mr. Horikawa's natural voice is higher than what he uses for Vegeta.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:29 pm

Not like I hate the JPN cast, I've got respect for them, but they aren't holy saints or anything. It's all something left up to opinion.

God knows Nozawa doesn't speak like that in real life.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:07 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:42 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:Yeah I still don't get how that works either. He's only called "Hercule" in the edited for Toonami version, the video games, and in some of the Viz manga;
He's called "Hercule" in all of the Viz manga, unfortunately (and God if it isn't depressing that Viz would end up being the one to consistently edit his name). Though if I remember right, when he's first introduced they change the dialog to say that he used to go by "Mr. Satan" in his wrestling career, and the brief character bios at the start of each volume mention that his original name is "Mr. Satan". But there has yet to be any English release of the manga that calls him "Mr. Satan" in the actual story. And I think that plays a large part in why "Hercule" is considered more widely known among English fans even though the unedited dub doesn't use it, because I think there's been a shift in English fandom away from the anime and towards the manga.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:00 am

I really hope that changes with the Vizbig, but in light of the edits present thus far..I wont hold my breath.

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:30 am

Herms wrote:
Kunzait_83 wrote:Yeah I still don't get how that works either. He's only called "Hercule" in the edited for Toonami version, the video games, and in some of the Viz manga;
He's called "Hercule" in all of the Viz manga, unfortunately (and God if it isn't depressing that Viz would end up being the one to consistently edit his name). Though if I remember right, when he's first introduced they change the dialog to say that he used to go by "Mr. Satan" in his wrestling career, and the brief character bios at the start of each volume mention that his original name is "Mr. Satan". But there has yet to be any English release of the manga that calls him "Mr. Satan" in the actual story. And I think that plays a large part in why "Hercule" is considered more widely known among English fans even though the unedited dub doesn't use it, because I think there's been a shift in English fandom away from the anime and towards the manga.
Actually, even the Uncut Dub still throws around some Her-cule's...Plus 1 or 2 "Her-cule Satan's".

*Note* -- Dashes are used in "Her-cule's" name to avoid the Word Filter.