Movies 07 & 08 Covers

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son Wukong
Regular

Movies 07 & 08 Covers

Post by Son Wukong » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:02 am

Noticed Kanzentai has updated us with the new covers. So what do you guys think? I think this time they are kinda generic though the cover for movie 8 made me laugh a bit. It's like..

Broly: Grrrr...me kill Kakarrot.
Goku: Why you little ! :P

EDIT: Fixed the numbers!
Last edited by Son Wukong on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:27 am

I love the the super android 13 but why is goku not a super saiyan in the broly one?

Either way they look better than what the american steel cases will look like for those two dvds - thats the first cover I've really been interested in seeing so far.

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:52 am

I personally love the covers. They’re clean, stylish, and make effective use of space. My only [tiny] complaints are that the angles sometimes look a little unnatural, and the art style is a little bit more blocky than Toriyama’s, but other than that, all of them have been very well-done, except maybe the GT ones. I think they’re definitely an aspect that the singles owners get to brag about to the D.Box owners. :P If I could find hi-res versions (or someone willing to scan theirs), I would use them for my own collection.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:09 pm

Don't you mean movies 7 and 8? But yeah, quite the awesome covers that really make good use of the space. I personally would have tried to fit in the other Androids and a transformed #13 instead of his hick base level, but it still looks pretty nice as is.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:16 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Don't you mean movies 7 and 8?
That's what I was going to ask. Movies 5 & 6 were released on Friday, but those are the covers for 7 & 8.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:16 pm

I don't know, they sort of lack imagination, as if TOEI just slapped some sexy new stock art on and called it a day; in fact most of the covers have looked like that.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:16 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:I love the the super android 13 but why is goku not a super saiyan in the broly one?
Most likely because he took forever to transform in the movie, Broli was running around as a suppressed powered Super Saiyan through most of the movie while Kakarrot attempted to fight in his base form. This was ridiculous since we clearly saw later that Vegeta’s Super Saiyan or perhaps even Ultra Super Saiyan form was not even effective against Broli’s suppressed state.
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:17 pm

I've liked all of the new covers - I've loved all of the new animations for covers they have done. they beat the season set covers into the gruond

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:34 pm

Saiyan-Professor wrote:
LeprikanGT wrote:I love the the super android 13 but why is goku not a super saiyan in the broly one?
Most likely because he took forever to transform in the movie, Broli was running around as a suppressed powered Super Saiyan through most of the movie while Kakarrot attempted to fight in his base form. This was ridiculous since we clearly saw later that Vegeta’s Super Saiyan or perhaps even Ultra Super Saiyan form was not even effective against Broli’s suppressed state.
Vegeta didn't fight against Broly until the steroid transformation.

Nice covers, but not the singles I want.
Last edited by Raki on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:33 pm

Raki wrote:
Saiyan-Professor wrote:
Vegeta didn't fight against Broly until the steroid transformation.

Nice covers, but not the singles I want.

< redundant image quote snipped by administrator >
Vegeta believed that Broli was after the same thing he did know that Broli and Paragus was the enemy. Kakarrot knew that Broli saw him as an enemy from their first meeting then he attacked him (perhaps) later that night which led to the confrontation by the lake. Once Broli began to power up before Paragus arrived Kakarrot should have know it was Super Saiyan time.

In my opinion, the image of Broli does not do him justice but the image of Kakarrot and other Saiyans in addition to #13 is pretty well illustrated.
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:37 pm

I think Goku looks a bit too young on movie 8 cover...

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:46 pm

The Goku on the movie 8 cover looks sort of, I dunno...what's the word...grumpy? His mouth all contorted and his single fist up in the air just screams "GET OFF MY LAWN!!"

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:26 pm

<snip movie 8's cover>
For some reason, whenever I see someone angrily shaking a single fist, I think of this. :P

But in all seriousness, very slick and neat covers.
14 years later

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:39 pm

Raki wrote:Vegeta didn't fight against Broly until the steroid transformation.
Yes he did. Vegeta was the first to attack Broly. He went Super and his kick bounced off SSJ Broly's neck.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:04 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:
<snip movie 8's cover>
For some reason, whenever I see someone angrily shaking a single fist, I think of this. :P

But in all seriousness, very slick and neat covers.
Fan of SuperPowers Team? Also can't comment on covers as I can't see them. I'm getting link that says the site's down.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:12 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Raki wrote:Vegeta didn't fight against Broly until the steroid transformation.
Yes he did. Vegeta was the first to attack Broly. He went Super and his kick bounced off SSJ Broly's neck.
Oops....I think I need to watch that movie again.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:29 pm

Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:The Goku on the movie 8 cover looks sort of, I dunno...what's the word...grumpy? His mouth all contorted and his single fist up in the air just screams "GET OFF MY LAWN!!"
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:35 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Tatsunoboshi Horoko wrote:The Goku on the movie 8 cover looks sort of, I dunno...what's the word...grumpy? His mouth all contorted and his single fist up in the air just screams "GET OFF MY LAWN!!"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/ ... /beyud.png
Quick, Son-kun, become a Super Saiyan 2! That'll stop him!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

evilp666

Post by evilp666 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:09 am

I wish we had those covers for our dvds.
If I wanted to listen to an asshole,I'd fart