DBE Trailer on Hotel For Dogs: Surprising Reaction.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

DBE Trailer on Hotel For Dogs: Surprising Reaction.

Post by omegacwa » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:52 pm

This topic can get locked if you want it to Mike, but I just want to inform people about an interesting revelation.

First of all, I work at a movie theater. I am an Assistant Manager there. The projectionist recently put together the Movie, Hotel For Dogs, which is a PG rated family film, and surprisingly, the Dragonball Evolution Trailer was in the can, so he put it on the movie.

Well today when I was at the theater doing a birthday party, I got to see the trailer on the big screen. An you know what...

The kids flipped their shit. I swear to you, they were screaming for the movie. I heard a couple Kid exclaiming GOKU!!!
It was ridiculous.

Well, I guess Fox knows who they are marketing it to.

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:54 pm

If it makes kids happy, that's a real big plus for the movie in my book right there. Of course, that's also why I hold the word "fart" in such high esteem.

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Re: DBE Trailer on Hotel For Dogs: Surprising Reaction.

Post by DBHighDefinition » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Bleh, It was always going to be this way I suppose. But I wonder, how many fans are actually kids these days, because the majority would be in their late teens/20's now.
Last edited by DBHighDefinition on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:03 pm

I think everyone keep forgetting that Dragonball was for the consumption of children. When adults get gaga over it, we are bound to have the problems that we do in these threads because at times (all the time for some) we take it too seriously. I will be happy if only the kids see it and enjoy it and it does great.

DBHighDefinition it seems like you are going a little too far with that image.
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:11 pm

So the rumors were true.

How do these little kids find out about Dragon Ball now that its not on CN anymore? The videogames?

Well, I'm happy the kids are happy. ^^;

Does this mean PG or PG-13?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:15 pm

Chuquita wrote:...Does this mean PG or PG-13?
I seriously doubt you are going to see any scenes similar to when Son Gohan destroyed the Cell Jr.s
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:43 pm

I doubt the children here will remember DragonBall as its not been airing here for over 5 years now... And now I'm talking about Z and GT. DragonBall itself never even aired here at all!

Anyway. I'm glad that children seemed to enjoy the trailer.. I guess :lol:

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Very interesting.

I teach a children's martial arts class. Their age range is about 8 to 13.
Not too long ago, with this movie in mind, I asked how many of them knew what Dragonball was; of the 20-ish kids, 2 raised their hands. They only knew about it because they had older siblings that showed it to them. I asked which shows most of them were actually watching, which were Naruto and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:54 pm

I know my brothers start to like classic characters because of movies. They're 5 and 6 and they love Iron Man, Batman, Hulk, and Spiderman just because they saw the live-action movies. To them, that IS Iron Man/Batman/Hulk/Spiderman.

I know they're going to love this movie because I let them watch Dragon Ball with me all the time.

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:56 pm

MisterFlashdude wrote:I asked which shows most of them were actually watching, which were Naruto and Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Please, for the love of God, no.
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:57 pm

DBHighDefinition wrote:
MisterFlashdude wrote:I asked which shows most of them were actually watching, which were Naruto and Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Hey, man. Avatar is a great cartoon. If it weren't for Avatar, I wouldn't have got back into Dragon Ball.

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
DBHighDefinition wrote:
Hey, man. Avatar is a great cartoon. If it weren't for Avatar, I wouldn't have got back into Dragon Ball.
I was mainly directing it at the...N word. :P

DBZGokuSaiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZGokuSaiyan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:01 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
DBHighDefinition wrote:
Wow. I am shocked. :shock: Anyway, wow... I guess there was kids in mind for the marketing.
Get Sponsored. Give Back.

SocialVibe

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:02 pm

DBHighDefinition wrote:
Is it just me or is Avatar a complete ripoff of Naruto? I haven't seen much of Avatar, so please don't flame me.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Avatar is a great show. I've seen a good chunk of it, but sometime soon I've REALLY gotta just sit down and marathon it all in order over a couple days.

So, uh, anyway... seems like FOX has found their target audience... youths about the same age as DragonBall's original target audiences.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

DBZGokuSaiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZGokuSaiyan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:05 pm

jda95 wrote:
DBHighDefinition wrote:
Is it just me or is Avatar a complete ripoff of Naruto? I haven't seen much of Avatar, so please don't flame me.
I guess both of the characters have the same personalities in the beginning... but then they slowly begin to grow more mature. I haven't seen much of both, either. I've got Dragon Ball/Z to keep me occupied. :P
Get Sponsored. Give Back.

SocialVibe

Chrono Trigger
Advanced Regular

Post by Chrono Trigger » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:05 pm

omegacwa wrote:The kids flipped their shit. I swear to you, they were screaming for the movie. I heard a couple Kid exclaiming GOKU!!!
It was ridiculous.
I really hope this movie kicks the living shit out of Hannah Montana's ass.
I completely respect your opinion, and I respect you. I enjoyed discussing this with you, even if I don't completely agree.

If we're all here for a reason then I'm just visiting.

If it's held in your heart then you can't let go.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:05 pm

jda95 wrote:Is it just me or is Avatar a complete ripoff of Naruto? I haven't seen much of Avatar, so please don't flame me.
I stopped watching Avatar after Book 1 took forever to finish, but from the say, 20 or 25 episodes I watched in succession week after week, no, it's not. I would say it's got a nice little original concpet all on its own, the story drags itself out like three Frieza sagas in a row. Didn't Aang have to beat the Fire Nation before summer ended?

That's a long ass summer, if he's even beaten the Fire Lord yet.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:06 pm

jda95 wrote:
DBHighDefinition wrote:
Flame you? No, I'm gonna' kill you.

Nah, seriously, everything nowadays is a rip off something:

?<Journey To The West<Dragon Ball<Naruto<Avatar

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:08 pm

It's weird because kids at my school (HIGH SCHOOL) talk about avatar.

On topic: DBE might actually have a fighting chance against Hannah Montana.

Not that I really care, but let's not get into that.