Community's stance on advertising in threads?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jelleline89
Beyond Newbie

Community's stance on advertising in threads?

Post by jelleline89 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:15 am

So earlier today, in a thread on the General Franchise Discussion section, I was responding to another user pertaining to a certain issue they had been apart of in the past concerning DBZ video tapes. In their response, the user decided to take the tie to mention their Twitch account and how his followers held hi in high regard.

Here's exactly what he said..
I have a relatively large following over on my Twitch stream*, and none of my viewers perceive me as someone who acts out of malice and greed. In fact, a big pull-in for my streams is the fact that I often do random prize giveaways, whether it's amiibo, Game Gift Cards, etc. So accusing me of being "greedy" is completely untrue.
*In the bolded words, the text contained a hyperlink to the user's Twitch page. I removed the hyperlink for obvious reasons.

And if that wasn't enough, this is the recently edited text banner that displays on his Twitch page when you click the link.

So it's pretty clear the user hyperlinked his Twitch account in hopes that users from Kanzenshuu would actually visit his page, AKA blatant advertising plugging. The thread has absolutely nothing to do with his Twitch account or even Twitch in general.

So I'm just wondering, does Kanzenshuu have rules in pace for this kind of advertising? And if so, would this be considered a violation of the rules? I'm pretty sure I've seen similar comments removed for such behavior, but I figured it would be best to just ask here to save everyone trouble in the future of asking the same question.

Cheers.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Community's stance on advertising in threads?

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:03 am

Sure, there's a hugely transparent lack of subtlety and tact going on in what you've pointed out, but this witch-hunt is over. It does not concern us. We are not interested in your dirty laundry. Please stop.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::