"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Re: Raging Blast 2 is Alive!

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sat May 08, 2010 6:37 pm

I remember the last time I played Raging Blast I decided to play again Burst Limit just to compare both games and Raging Blast sucks so hard compared to Burst Limit. In RB the characters look like paper or something. Everything seem weight like a feather. Burst Limit on the other side is "strong" and it feels like Dragonball - intense, hard, powerful... RB is just boring, retard easily and stupid.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat May 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Really surprised this isn't Burst Limit 2, but hey, whatever.
Rory wrote:These games sell, if BL did better than RB I'm sure they would have made a second one; yet we see which one they went with.
Dimps have been busy as fuck lately. Don't know if you've heard. Little games really, oh I dunno, I forget the names of the games now.. Oh yeah!
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 and Super Street Fighter IV?
[/quote]

Both those games have been completed at this point (or at the very least, episode one of Sonic 4). Spike is rumored to be the developer of Tag VS., and they have their own titles they release in Japan to take care of.

As for sales. BL did better. There isn't much doubt to that at this point. It's probably just a lot cheaper for the Raging Blast games to be made.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

DbzFanboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by DbzFanboy » Sat May 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Now that RB is 27 bucks maybe I'll pick it up and if its decent I'll consider this but honestly guys with dragon ball they keep reselling us the same stuff. The same episodes, the same movies, the same video games. The ds games are alright and I thought revenge of king piccolo was a neat idea but seriously rb and bl were the same games as the budokai games.
FOREVER FORNEVER

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat May 08, 2010 7:29 pm

How can a ''burst limit' game feel just like DBZ is you cant jump or fly and youre always right in the characters face? Thats not how I remember the show.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:19 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:How can a ''burst limit' game feel just like DBZ is you cant jump or fly and youre always right in the characters face? Thats not how I remember the show.
To me, Burst Limit didn't feel as "authentic" as the Sparking games, per se, but its a heck of a lot more fun to play. Plus, Raging Blast had so many problems, it turned out to be the first DB fighting game ever that I didn't bother to finish the story mode.

I do enjoy the Sparking style though, so hopefully Spike doesn't fuck it up like they did last time. But if this has the same glitches and camera issues, I will not be buying anymore Spike-developed DB games.

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Sat May 08, 2010 11:38 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:How can a ''burst limit' game feel just like DBZ is you cant jump or fly and youre always right in the characters face? Thats not how I remember the show.
I don't really want a DBZ simulator, just something that captures the 'feel' of the series, which games other than the Sparking!/Raging Blast series can do. But that's just me. I wouldn't begrudge anyone the right to wish for or enjoy RB2. I'd just trade it for a BL2 in a heartbeat.
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat May 08, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm not saying an attempt as something for a BL2 would be interesting....but we see what they went with.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun May 09, 2010 1:04 am

Now that Raging Blast 2 has been announced, I'm beginning to seriously doubt whether Dimps has even considered making a Burst Limit 2. It's been almost two whole years and we've heard nothing from them.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sun May 09, 2010 1:22 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Now that Raging Blast 2 has been announced, I'm beginning to seriously doubt whether Dimps has even considered making a Burst Limit 2. It's been almost two whole years and we've heard nothing from them.
I actually don't really care if they released BL 2 or not, all I care about DB game is RB 2 and then DB Tag VS the second

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun May 09, 2010 1:26 am

Goku100xKamehameha wrote: I actually don't really care if they released BL 2 or not, all I care about DB game is RB 2 and then DB Tag VS the second
Me neither. I tend to like the 3D fighters made by Spike because I feel that they capture the spirit of DBZ more.

Silver Sinspawn
Advanced Regular

Post by Silver Sinspawn » Sun May 09, 2010 1:57 am

This is going to suck. Any word on special what if characters?
Oh, you think the Grand Tour is your ally, you merely stepped into the Grand Tour. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see the Super until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun May 09, 2010 2:08 am

Silver Sinspawn wrote:This is going to suck.

If you disliked the first game, then you're probably going to have some bad expectations right off the bat about the sequel. But we've only seen one scan so we don't know the actual quality of the game. Who knows? It might be a vast improvement from the first game.

Silver Sinspawn wrote: Any word on special what if characters?
No, not yet. But I'm hoping SS3 Broly and Vegeta return.

Goku100xKamehameha
I Live Here

Post by Goku100xKamehameha » Sun May 09, 2010 2:10 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:No, not yet. But I'm hoping SS3 Broly and Vegeta return.
I want SSJ Raditz and SSJ Nappa :lol:

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Sun May 09, 2010 2:39 am

All I want from this game is epic enviornmental destruction!

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sun May 09, 2010 4:50 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
Silver Sinspawn wrote:This is going to suck.

If you disliked the first game, then you're probably going to have some bad expectations right off the bat about the sequel.
It's not the first sequel though is it? Are you forgetting that Raging Blast is basically a continuation of the Sparking series, a series of games that have been coughing up the same shit with each outing (and the fact that Raging Blast is actually inferior to its predecessor doesn't help its cause)?
With Raging Blast's sales, I am pretty shocked this sequel is coming.. hey, maybe it'll pull a NEO on us, and actually improve the damn thing.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Sun May 09, 2010 6:53 am

Rory wrote: It's not the first sequel though is it? Are you forgetting that Raging Blast is basically a continuation of the Sparking series, a series of games that have been coughing up the same shit with each outing (and the fact that Raging Blast is actually inferior to its predecessor doesn't help its cause)?
Oh? So the Sparking series is only guilty of "coughing up the same shit with each outing"? *coughInfiniteWorldShinBudokaicough*
Rory wrote: With Raging Blast's sales, I am pretty shocked this sequel is coming.. hey, maybe it'll pull a NEO on us, and actually improve the damn thing.
That really what I'm hoping for. I mean, just look at the graphics.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sun May 09, 2010 7:29 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Oh? So the Sparking series is only guilty of "coughing up the same shit with each outing"? *coughInfiniteWorldShinBudokaicough*
A PSP port doesn't have the same expectations (or budget) as a full fledged game.
As for Infinite World? I kind of a agree and kind of don't. Sure it was a rehash, but that was the point, it wasn't the latest PS3 awesomeness that Burst Limit set itself up to be, it was meant to be the "final" Budokai game for PS2 owners (however unsuccessful it may have been).

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Sun May 09, 2010 9:30 am

Shin Budokai isn't even a port, it's basically better than the console Budokai games in almost every aspect save character roster and costumes.

Sure Infinite World was rushed with all the new Ultimates that have no win/lose bar and the stupid omission of characters and modes but it's still a better sequel than Raging Blast is and that's a PS3 game. I also wouldn't classify IW as a sequel to Budokai 3, it's more of a celebration of all of Dimps efforts incorparting the different mechanics into one.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sun May 09, 2010 12:35 pm

True story, both Infinite World, and Shin Budokai sold better than Raging Blast in Japan.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun May 09, 2010 12:44 pm

So it's started.

A little cruising 'round them thar intarwebs reveals that people are already showcasing their "I Want" Characters for Raging Blast 2.

EL-OH-EL

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.