"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Re: Raging Blast 2 is Alive!

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue May 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Blue wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
Edit: Read the front page and now I'm really scared. The game is coming out this fall which signifies they did very little to improve upon the first game. This is going to be depressing.
It's possible they were working on it for a long while but didn't want to send screen shots out that weren't close to the final production. Just a guess, I think I remember things happening like that for other DBZ games.
I was speaking at the fact that it has only been a year, maybe less. Yes, I know that's the norm for these games but history shows it's not enough time to make a major overall on the game(something Raging Blast needs). However, it's enough time to fix the camera controls so there is still hope that RB2 will be what RB1 should have been.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Blue
Advanced Regular

Post by Blue » Tue May 11, 2010 7:07 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote: I was speaking at the fact that it has only been a year, maybe less. Yes, I know that's the norm for these games but history shows it's not enough time to make a major overall on the game(something Raging Blast needs). However, it's enough time to fix the camera controls so there is still hope that RB2 will be what RB1 should have been.
Ah I get it now, sorry.
Herms wrote: The DB wikai lists “Rolie Buu” as one of this form’s alternate name, though I have no clue who calls him that.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue May 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Blue wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote: I was speaking at the fact that it has only been a year, maybe less. Yes, I know that's the norm for these games but history shows it's not enough time to make a major overall on the game(something Raging Blast needs). However, it's enough time to fix the camera controls so there is still hope that RB2 will be what RB1 should have been.
Ah I get it now, sorry.
Yea, like I said before, they have enough time to fix the camera but if they waited an additional year or at least untill next summer then maybe I would be more enthusiastic about this release. I mean with more time they could make a bad game turn decent, maybe even good. But with only 12 months(possibly less) I wouldn't expect that much of a difference.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Tue May 11, 2010 11:46 pm

I hope they fix the camera & fighting at least

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:52 am

The game is coming out this fall which signifies they did very little to improve upon the first game. This is going to be depressing.
Coming out in Fall is not a bad thing since I think Spike has been working on the game for the past few months without anyone knowing. I believe this E3 we are going to see some gameplay videos maybe.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Wed May 12, 2010 1:06 am

Not to earn wrath and be condemned as a "hater" but it's going to take a lot more than this to impress me. Maybe I've been spoiled as far as Dragon Ball games go but nice graphics and the opportunity to hit Vegeta in the face with Goku isn't enough to get me hyped up in whatever the hell year this is. I kind of expect good to great graphics for a 3D console-based Dragon Ball fighting game at this stage.

The statements on the game are also unimpressive. Of course, we can spout "wait and see" at each other all day, but then those looking forward to the game would also be bound by silence as they wait to see if it performs to expectations and we wouldn't want that. The following statement does not exactly enthrall me.
These include signature Pursuit Attacks which enable players to initiate attack combo strings, juggling your opponent in a string of devastating strikes throughout the environment. Additionally, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 will sport the new Raging Soul System which enables characters to reach a special state, increasing their combat abilities to the ultimate level. Sporting more than 90 characters, 20 of which are brand new to the Raging Blast series, new modes, and additional environmental effects...
It all sounds so... familiar? Laboured? Repetitive? Which, of course, is a good thing to those who like the series but some form of innovation, without changing the core concept of the game, would be nice.

Even those who love Raging Blast have to admit that sometimes the camera likes to disappear up its own ass and that it remains, like its predecessor series, woefully inept at differentiating characters in all but the most basic ways. These are the things that need to be worked on. I'm not sure I've seen anyone, anywhere, ever, post that Raging Blast was awesome, but it needed "additional environmental effects" or a system to spout buzz words at you. I mean, increase your combat ability to the ULTIMATE LEVEL!!
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Wed May 12, 2010 1:32 am

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
Blue wrote:
SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:
Yea, like I said before, they have enough time to fix the camera but if they waited an additional year or at least untill next summer then maybe I would be more enthusiastic about this release. I mean with more time they could make a bad game turn decent, maybe even good. But with only 12 months(possibly less) I wouldn't expect that much of a difference.
Who knows, maybe they added members to their development team so they got more accomplished.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed May 12, 2010 1:44 am

Thanos wrote:
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 is the sequel to last year’s high-flying, fast-hitting, and intense versus battles series. Dragon Ball Z fans can rest assured that the destructible environment, and character trademark attacks and transformations will be true to the series. These include signature Pursuit Attacks which enable players to initiate attack combo strings, juggling your opponent in a string of devastating strikes throughout the environment. Additionally, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 will sport the new Raging Soul System which enables characters to reach a special state, increasing their combat abilities to the ultimate level. Sporting more than 90 characters, 20 of which are brand new to the Raging Blast series, new modes, and additional environmental effects, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 is the next evolution in the home console series.
The part about 20 of which being "brand new" to the RB series made me laugh. It's their hyped up, clever way of saying there's 20 new characters. :lol:

Now we'll have as many characters as the first Sparking! game... yippee? :roll: Any predictions on who those characters might me?

I think it'll be Mystic Gohan, Dabra, and movie characters. Maybe a couple of DB/DBGT characters, but who knows?

New images!

http://cdn.gokuscorner.com/galleries/ga ... argest.jpg
Can I get a source for this paragraph? It's all over gaming sites verbatim, but I'm looking for an origin.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Wed May 12, 2010 1:55 am

Sprite Satan wrote:Not to earn wrath and be condemned as a "hater" but it's going to take a lot more than this to impress me.
Doubt Spike are trying to impress you particularly.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Wed May 12, 2010 3:18 am

Senzu_Bean wrote:
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 is the sequel to last year’s high-flying, fast-hitting, and intense versus battles series.
Which game are they talking about in here? :lol:
They're talking about Raging Blast which was pretty fast paced, even more so than Burst Limit.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Wed May 12, 2010 3:47 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
Senzu_Bean wrote:
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 is the sequel to last year’s high-flying, fast-hitting, and intense versus battles series.
Which game are they talking about in here? :lol:
They're talking about Raging Blast which was pretty fast paced, even more so than Burst Limit.
Not really, you should play Burst Limit again(or just watch some videos since it's not worth the trouble). Although actually moving back and forth was sluggish and annoying(especially compared with the Budokai games and IW which were fine), once you actually fought, the speed was ridiculously fast paced and it really felt intense. I was really hoping RB would have felt the same(not that it isn't faster than the BTs, it still was a little) but it really didn't. Despite not having high hopes for RB2, I do wish Spike can capture the same intensity that Dimps pulled off well in BL.

Still their top priority is to focus on making a decent game that isn't rushed. They'll have to fix everything that was wrong with RB(which was...well...almost everything about the game) to make this game fun and worth it. The fan service will sadly have to take the back seat this time.

Piccolo Daimaoh
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Piccolo Daimaoh » Wed May 12, 2010 3:51 am

Captain-Sora wrote: Not really, you should play Burst Limit again(or just watch some videos since it's not worth the trouble). Although actually moving back and forth was sluggish and annoying(especially compared with the Budokai games and IW which were fine), once you actually fought, the speed was ridiculously fast paced and it really felt intense. I was really hoping RB would have felt the same(not that it isn't faster than the BTs, it still was a little) but it really didn't. Despite not having high hopes for RB2, I do wish Spike can capture the same intensity that Dimps pulled off well in BL.
Burst Limit would actually be fast paced, if it wasn't for those damn Drama Pieces interrupting the gameplay every two seconds.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Wed May 12, 2010 4:25 am

They barely even happen. The point is, I'm referring to the great intensity of the actual fighting, something that RB failed to achieve. It's not like it can't be done in RB2 though. Still, it isn't something necessary to make the game better so that's another thing that should a last minute addition.

One thing I'd really like to get fixed first is for them to make the gameplay feel more fluid. The first RB felt clunky and weird to play unlike Spike's previous games. Just fixing that would make the game so much better.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed May 12, 2010 5:22 am

Sprite Satan wrote:it remains, like its predecessor series, woefully inept at differentiating characters in all but the most basic ways.
"Its predecessor series" meaning Dragonball itself, right? Because there are no differences between how various characters fight that's not already modelled in T3.
Rory wrote:Oh what, Rocketman can rip on Dragon Ball and suck off Vegetto 'till the end of time yet I can't continually defend my precious Budokai games? :P
Ah, Bejitto-sa~!

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Wed May 12, 2010 10:19 am

Saimaroimaru wrote:
Sprite Satan wrote:Not to earn wrath and be condemned as a "hater" but it's going to take a lot more than this to impress me.
Or anybody other than than 12 years old.
Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:Burst Limit would actually be fast paced, if it wasn't for those damn Drama Pieces interrupting the gameplay every two seconds.
Turn them off then.

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Wed May 12, 2010 11:51 am

Saimaroimaru wrote:Doubt Spike are trying to impress you particularly.
Hah! True! But seeing as I doubt they're trying to impress any one person in particular, save for executives at Spike, everyone with an opinion, positive or negative, is mere collateral damage so we're all the same in the end.
Rocketman wrote:"Its predecessor series" meaning Dragonball itself, right? Because there are no differences between how various characters fight that's not already modelled in T3.
Also true! But I do not believe it would be wrong or sacrilegious for the developers to differentiate characters even more than the series has. It's not like Dragon Ball (manga or anime) is perfect as is.
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

mystic trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mystic trunks » Wed May 12, 2010 11:59 am

I think the fact that Spike hasn't been trying to 'impress' fans is why their sales are down.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Wed May 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Sprite Satan wrote:
Saimaroimaru wrote:Doubt Spike are trying to impress you particularly.
Hah! True! But seeing as I doubt they're trying to impress any one person in particular, save for executives at Spike, everyone with an opinion, positive or negative, is mere collateral damage so we're all the same in the end.

Well, perhaps that's not true anymore with the Goku's Corner thing, seeing as sites like those are not free by any standard to Namco. So hopefully now that Raging Blast has bombed in sales compared to Burst Limit they will listen to the fans.

Rory wrote:
Saimaroimaru wrote:
Or anybody other than than 12 years old.
Well, seeing as not many people younger than 12 know of DBZ, that would explain its low sales. Though with so many young people playing MMOs, DBO will fix that a year after it comes out in the U.S. If it does...
Last edited by Saimaroimaru on Wed May 12, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Wed May 12, 2010 7:30 pm

http://www.the-magicbox.com/1005/game100511b.shtml

Uh...?

Raging Blast has 43 in total. Who could they possibly add to make the roster over 90 characters? That's 47 more at least from the original.

>_>

They're probably gonna include DB and DBGT stuff.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Counting all the various transformations for characters, it was around 70 in the first game. Remember -- each individual "transformation" for each "character" counts as... err... well... its own "character" (though SSJ3 Broli and Vegeta were separate "characters" from their other versions of "characters" that had "transformations"... you can follow all that perfectly fine, right...?!).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::