"Raging Blast 2" Gigantic On-Going Gaming Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Re: "Raging Blast 2" Pre-Release Discussion

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:22 am

I'm actually pretty shocked that other people are shocked that some people "dislike" that they aren'y Dubbing something in the native language of somewhere it's being released [The US] when everything else released by the of the franchise has done so.
Last edited by LeprikanGT on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:43 am

LeprikanGT wrote:I'm actually pretty shocked that other people are shocked that some peole "dislike that they aren'y Dubbing something in the native language of somewhere it's being released [The US] when everything else released by the of the franchise has done so.
C'mon, man. You've been temporarily banned before over your writing, and we're all getting pretty sick of correcting your posts. Here's a final (and very public) warning. Just freakin' proof-read your posts before hitting "Submit"...! There's a "Preview" button...!

Thanks! :D :D :D
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:05 am

LeprikanGT wrote:I'm actually pretty shocked that other people are shocked that some people "dislike" that they aren'y Dubbing something in the native language of somewhere it's being released [The US] when everything else released by the of the franchise has done so.
There is one huge problem with your post. Not everything that has been included in the dub releases has been dubbed. You seem to be forgetting the next episode previews.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:25 am

Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:I have some slight feeling, that this message board is overflooded with dislectics who can't keep up with subtitles?
I swear to god, it's comments like these.....

*Deep breathe*

Not wanting to read subtitles isn't dyslexia or laziness, it's preference. A selection from one's own free will. For example, I prefer normal milk over soy milk. This isn't because I'm lactose intolerant, but rather because normal milk simply tastes better to me. To just dismiss someone who prefers to watch Dragon Ball or other Anime dubbed as a dyslexic, is just plain ignorant.
I'm not ignorant, I accept that people prefer dub version, but the special will be subbed, so it's the end of the world?
You must accept it and bitching over the message boards for hours: They won't dub it!!!! I'm pissed off you know! is pointless. So you won't watch it because you hate to reading subtitles? Won't buy the game because of that?
What's the point?

Watching Dragon Ball Z with dub which have changed script and saying that it's better then original is ignorant in my opinion. We will get that special in original and subbed, I'm happy:))
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:53 am

I too would have liked a dub, that is to say more spesifically a french one, but I've never cried any rivers because there's not been one game that has been dubbed.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:01 am

MCDaveG wrote:
Piccolo Daimaoh wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:I have some slight feeling, that this message board is overflooded with dislectics who can't keep up with subtitles?
I swear to god, it's comments like these.....

*Deep breathe*

Not wanting to read subtitles isn't dyslexia or laziness, it's preference. A selection from one's own free will. For example, I prefer normal milk over soy milk. This isn't because I'm lactose intolerant, but rather because normal milk simply tastes better to me. To just dismiss someone who prefers to watch Dragon Ball or other Anime dubbed as a dyslexic, is just plain ignorant.
I'm not ignorant, I accept that people prefer dub version, but the special will be subbed, so it's the end of the world?
You must accept it and bitching over the message boards for hours: They won't dub it!!!! I'm pissed off you know! is pointless. So you won't watch it because you hate to reading subtitles? Won't buy the game because of that?
What's the point?

Watching Dragon Ball Z with dub which have changed script and saying that it's better then original is ignorant in my opinion. We will get that special in original and subbed, I'm happy:))
Except this time the Ova is getting cut in half with the storyline(or just a few line) changes, theres goes the original bs.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:57 am

^
That's right, and considering that they've improved their dubbing techniques with Kai, I doubt they would give a bad dub for it (whether or not Hatchihyaku *or however you spell it, I haven't seen the special <_<* deserves it or not).

I don't have a problem with the original version. Hell, I'm re-watching through all of Z in Japanese on my Dragon Boxes, even as I watch Kai's new dub. But, I do feel shortchanged with Sub-Only, just as any Japanese fan felt during the English only VHS/DVD days. Which ended a long time ago. It's 2010, we should get complete series in uncut dual language format with proper subtitles and translations (ignoring 4Kids, I suppose).

But, my friend really wants me to get it so we can play together, so I concede a purchase, but for fun with a friend, not as much for the special as I was earlier.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:47 am

Caroni should be one of the 6 character so that we can get this attack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44vF4hDxAOU

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:59 am

Does anyone else think that beams and ki balls should push the other players across the stage? Like instead of just making some contact and an explosion, have it push them back and do damage at the same time. Maybe have them have to press a button that shows up on the screen to either stop it or push it aside.

Any thoughts? I'm just trying to think of ways to switchup gameplay a bit.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:29 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Does anyone else think that beams and ki balls should push the other players across the stage? Like instead of just making some contact and an explosion, have it push them back and do damage at the same time. Maybe have them have to press a button that shows up on the screen to either stop it or push it aside.

Any thoughts? I'm just trying to think of ways to switchup gameplay a bit.
I think that this would be a great addition. I do think that some of the moves should remain as they are. Hit, boom, done. However, balls of ki that force characters back in the way you described were used in the anime. Some moves should be added/modified to include this. It could be a great way to force your opponent away, giving you a chance to charge up for an ultimate technique. The chance that an opponent might slip away from the move, taking less damage & not giving you as much time to get away and build ki, would balance it out and prevent the move from being overpowered.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Like that move Majin Buu had in RB1 called Vanish!, although it turned into a cutscene thing but that ball pushed away the other player AND did damage. Along side that the slight ability to knock certain attacks BACK at them, not to the side. In the show TONS of blasts were shot back at who shot them.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:25 pm

How is it 'lazy' to not produce an English dub of a foreign piece, but not 'lazy' to refuse to watch a foreign piece in its original language with subtitles?
Last edited by JulieYBM on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Anyone know if there has been any word on a limited edition for this game like they had for the first one? I'd be interested in it if it came with an art book that contained character design sheets for the special.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Someone posted a link of a foreign [the the US] country that had a listing for a collecter's edition of some sort.

Was RB1 ever released with a Collector's Edition? I remember seeing actual ads for it but never saw a video or pictures of someone showing it off.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:38 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Someone posted a link of a foreign [the the US] country that had a listing for a collecter's edition of some sort.

Was RB1 ever released with a Collector's Edition? I remember seeing actual ads for it but never saw a video or pictures of someone showing it off.
http://www.daizex.com/general/reviews/r ... last.shtml
Pictures of it are there. It was apparently only released in certain parts of Europe.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:39 pm

Yes, the first Raging Blast received a "Collector's Edition" in Europe -- here's the 360 version on Amazon UK. It came with an art book and soundtrack. Timo got it and sent us these photos:

:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:44 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:Someone posted a link of a foreign [the the US] country that had a listing for a collecter's edition of some sort.
I posted this a few pages back, not sure if anyone checked it out though. :)

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:45 pm

SSJSteve wrote:
I just searched throught 2 weeks of browser history trying to find that link. >.<

I wish the U.S. got more stuff like Collector's edition. Short of B3, the extras have been slacking.

dan2026
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dan2026 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:46 pm

People don't seem to appreciate that nobody is obliged to produce a dub of the OVA.
Its a nice bonus, yes. But people are acting as if they are being robbed by not getting one.

The OVA is being produced in Japan in Japanese. This is how it was intended to be.
If someone else then takes it and redoes the audio in a different language, that is fair enough, but it has nothing to do with the original production of the OVA.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:49 pm

SSJSteve wrote:
Ah, thanks!
Doesn't seem like North America will be getting it this time either. Oh well.