"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KAiWAi
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by KAiWAi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:51 am

Hi guys,
do you have new about the DBH 5th Anniversary book and the last chapter of the Toytaro's DBH manga ?

BTW, do you know if someone have translated the DBH manga in english yet ?

Thanks. :thumbup: :wave:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:31 am

I have the book, yes. We do not provide "scanlations" of manga here on this website. We will, however, provide translations of the congratulatory comments and Q&As within the book as soon as we have an opportunity.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KAiWAi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by KAiWAi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:37 am

Of course, I'm not asking for scans, just for "news" about the book in general.
I wonder if this last chapter talks about the Makai Story and if it is longer then the usual chapter. :wink:

Thanks VegettoEX.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:34 am

It's actually quite a short chapter, clocking in at only 10 pages. It is indeed called "Mission 29" and it does end with the "To be continued..." as per the norm.

We do intend to provide a summary and manga guide listing at some point in the near future :).
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:41 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It's actually quite a short chapter, clocking in at only 10 pages. It is indeed called "Mission 29" and it does end with the "To be continued..." as per the norm.

We do intend to provide a summary and manga guide listing at some point in the near future :).
So what mission are they promoting with that chapter? Like are they still in the JM saga?
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Why wouldn't tthey be? they're continuing where they left of.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:51 pm

It's a mixed bag. Since they are continuing from the last chapter, we're still mostly stuck in the mission we left off I imagine, but we do have some newer content as well. At the very least, the Hero Kaioshin avatar shows up at the start of the chapter.

I'm mostly curious about potential character names, but no one I know who currently has the book in hand has responded to me so far and I haven't seen much mentioned about it on the Japanese side of things either (from what I can discern).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:52 pm

Which character names are you curious about? I haven't looked at the text of the chapter itself yet, but there are character designs and names/profiles before the chapter starts.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:59 pm

Well, I don't know the contents of the chapter, I just had hope that maybe some of the other avatars would show up. Any time a new character is introduced, we usually get a info box with their name. But one of the promotional images for the book also showed a Toyotaro image spread with all the Super Class Up Avatars, but maybe that was a poster or something and thus wouldn't have names? I dunno.

At the very least, the Hero Kaioshin should have one...unless there's a twist and he's actually the Battle Navigator "Sora" or something, kind of like the Elite Majin avatar was taken by Yoshito-kun so far. That was disappointing...

Characters currently missing names though:
Elite Namekian
Elite Majin (if he's not Yoshito-kun)
Berserker Freeza Clansmen
Hero Kaioshin
Elite Kaioshin
Berserker Kaioshin
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:00 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Which character names are you curious about? I haven't looked at the text of the chapter itself yet, but there are character designs and names/profiles before the chapter starts.
Probably best to mention all who you know was never mentioned before.
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:21 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Any time a new character is introduced, we usually get a info box with their name.
Quick look...

ワイル and フェソ or フェン I think?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:19 am

Oh, so we do get some. Interesting. I wonder who the belong to and what the source/pun/theme is.

Still, I'm just happy we're filling the gaps. I'm going to be really perturbed if the manga ends without revealing them all.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:03 am

So, all the Kaioshin avatars show up in Chapter 29 of Victory Mission. The other missing avatars appear in this chapter too, but only the Kaioshin ones seem to receive names since the others literally only show up as background pieces in a single panel. Maybe next chapter, if we ever get another...
  • Hero Kaioshin - Zen / ぜン
    Elite Kaioshin - Fen / フェン
    Berserker Kaioshin - Wairu / ワイル
The others could be named in passing in Zen and Beat's conversation prior to them showing up, I guess, but that seems unlikely. But I can't rule it out. You'll have to wait for someone better equipped for that, like Julian. Also, I have no idea what the Kaioshin naming scheme is for the puns though, so I made no attempt to try and adapt them. You'll have to wait for someone else on that too.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:03 am

Are the Baby-infected characters the only ones we don't know which cards they correspond to or are there other forms as well?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:59 am

alakazam^ wrote:Are the Baby-infected characters the only ones we don't know which cards they correspond to or are there other forms as well?
Baby Infected Base, the Super Saiyan versions are pretty clear.

Shoryuken
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shoryuken » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:06 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:So, all the Kaioshin avatars show up in Chapter 29 of Victory Mission. The other missing avatars appear in this chapter too, but only the Kaioshin ones seem to receive names since the others literally only show up as background pieces in a single panel. Maybe next chapter, if we ever get another...
  • Hero Kaioshin - Zen / ぜン
    Elite Kaioshin - Fen / フェン
    Berserker Kaioshin - Wairu / ワイル
The others could be named in passing in Zen and Beat's conversation prior to them showing up, I guess, but that seems unlikely. But I can't rule it out. You'll have to wait for someone better equipped for that, like Julian. Also, I have no idea what the Kaioshin naming scheme is for the puns though, so I made no attempt to try and adapt them. You'll have to wait for someone else on that too.
"Zen" is probably derived from 善 (zen, "good[ness]") and Wairu from ワイルド (wairudo, i.e. "wild"). No idea where "Fen" could be derived from though.
これはシグネチャではない
Personal blog - myriadleaves.eu

SaiyanKingMike

Post by SaiyanKingMike » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:51 pm

I have a question, have they made a card for Ledgic from GT? I was looking through a website with most of the cards they released and didnt see him on there.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:07 pm

SaiyanKingMike wrote:I have a question, have they made a card for Ledgic from GT? I was looking through a website with most of the cards they released and didnt see him on there.
Redict (or Ledgic) is not in the game. There is no one from the beginning of GT up until the end of Lood.

You can find two lists of every character in the game on my signature.

SaiyanKingMike

Post by SaiyanKingMike » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:09 pm

DNA wrote:
SaiyanKingMike wrote:I have a question, have they made a card for Ledgic from GT? I was looking through a website with most of the cards they released and didnt see him on there.
Redict (or Ledgic) is not in the game. There is no one from the beginning of GT up until the end of Lood.

You can find two lists of every character in the game on my signature.
thank you! I am gonna go through your list now!

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:17 am

https://youtu.be/tODqWi6C3Vo

So, the "Strong 8" have been revealed. From 1st to 10th place, they are:

1st: Masked Saiyajin
2nd: Gogeta: GT (Super Saiyajin 4)
3rd: Son Goku (Super Saiyajin God Super Saiyajin)
4th: Broli (Super Saiyajin 4)
5th: Broli (Legendary Super Saiyajin)
6th: Darkness Towa
7th: Burdock: Xeno (Super Saiyajin 3)
8th: Yamcha

9th: Tarble
10th: Son Gohan: GT (Super Saiyajin 4)