"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dodonpa
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by dodonpa » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:43 am

Looks like Xeno Goku has a nyoibō.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:11 am

alakazam^ wrote:Interesting... A bigger screen, maximum of 7 cards and a touch screen... I wonder if this has something to do with possible 3DS releases :oops: Perhaps this is why Ultimate Mission 3 hasn't come out yet, because they knew God Mission would be the last set.
Coming back to this, I have to wonder how this will be handled moving forward. I doubt they want to abandon the handheld versions, as they have been selling pretty well. The games have been moderately questionable ports of the original arcade game in terms of graphics and the like though, so I'm curious how they'll try an approach the Super Heroes improvements if they delve into a port of it. Mostly trying to upgrade the graphics and the increased player count on the stage, without increasing the lag.

Honestly, depending on just what the hell it is (as there have been rumors of being both a console and a handheld) and if it's not region locked, Ii wouldn't mind if they saved it for an NX port or something.

Also, with the discussion of Ultimate Mission 2. I still haven't figured out who the Shiru character is supposed to be in the game's supposed story mode, as noted here.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

KND

Post by KND » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:14 am

Purple slime-thing Vegeta coming to the game?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:15 am

Well, the New 3DS is more powerful than standard 3DS, in terms of processing power I mean. So they could perhaps do a New 3DS exclusive, it wouldn't be the first.

And yes, I also think that that silhouette might be Jelly Vegeta.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:21 am

It wouldn't be the first (it would be the second...), but it would also potentially alienate a lot of sales by excluding a large portion of the 3DS userbase. The games have been selling pretty well, but I'm not sure they've been selling THAT well that they would have desired numbers on only the New 3DS.

At least if they went with something like the NX (again, depending on what it is) and a small install base at launch or something, there's probably more potential for continued growth.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:48 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It wouldn't be the first (it would be the second...), but it would also potentially alienate a lot of sales by excluding a large portion of the 3DS userbase. The games have been selling pretty well, but I'm not sure they've been selling THAT well that they would have desired numbers on only the New 3DS.

At least if they went with something like the NX (again, depending on what it is) and a small install base at launch or something, there's probably more potential for continued growth.
Considering the two Heroes games on 3DS already have performance problems and this game has improved visuals and more characters on screen I'm betting the next Heroes port will be for the NX handheld.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:54 am

Man, an adult Goku with the power pole might be over-powered with god ki.

We know Future Trunks can channel ki through his sword, so imagine Goku channeling god ki in the power pole...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:25 am

KND wrote:Purple slime-thing Vegeta coming to the game?
Maybe Ssj red Vegeta.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:25 am

sintzu wrote:
Maybe Ssj red Vegeta.
Never.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:28 am

Rinsankajugin wrote:Man, an adult Goku with the power pole might be over-powered with god ki.

We know Future Trunks can channel ki through his sword, so imagine Goku channeling god ki in the power pole...
I'm excited for adult Gokû with the bo. :mrgreen:
I was sad when he retired it to be used as a connector to the lookout.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:36 am

sintzu wrote:Maybe Ssj red Vegeta.
I hope so, since I don't take Toei's retelling of the movies as canon and due to Vegeta saying "you're gonna cooperate with me in the next time" in the movie, I see that Vegeta passed through the ritual off-screen. And Dragon Ball Heroes finally showing him would make me satisfied.

Really hoping it's Super Saiyan God Vegeta.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:41 am

So is that the final Heroes update before Super Dragon Ball Heroes? If so it would make sense for that silhouette to be Copy Vegeta, get one last Super character in before they start adding the Future Trunks arc stuff in Super Dragon Ball Heroes.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:52 am

The Future Trunks Arc and Demon God Demigra Arc are supposed to be in the next update; GDM9. We don't know what the last update is before Super Heroes starts up, but I don't imagine it will go beyond GDM10.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:57 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The Future Trunks Arc and Demon God Demigra Arc are supposed to be in the next update; GDM9. We don't know what the last update is before Super Heroes starts up, but I don't imagine it will go beyond GDM10.
Ah, okay. I thought they weren't adding the Future Trunks Arc stuff until Super Dragon Ball Heroes.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:05 am

Way better than what was for so long.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:23 am

I honestly think it looks worse than before, because they did was try to pretty up the models from the previous game and it's Budokai 3 batch of resources...which were already terrible looking for a decade now. Polishing resources that rough isn't going to amount to much.

Should have just pulled double duty and upgraded them to the Xenoverse model style or something. Could have benefited both games in the long run.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:12 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Should have just pulled double duty and upgraded them to the Xenoverse model style or something. Could have benefited both games in the long run.
Xenoverse is too much, I think Burst Limit models are okay, though
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:22 pm

I doubt it's Copy-Vegeta, there is barely anything special about him. Super Saiyan God Vegeta though... that's something special that would be making its first appearance.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:36 pm

Noah wrote:Xenoverse is too much, I think Burst Limit models are okay, though
I don't believe the Xenoverse models would be overkill for a game that's not all that demanding on resources. They were created to run on the PS360 generation, traditionally with 6 characters on the screen at once. There'd be no real reason not to go to with them if the machine's hardware doesn't suck. (Though I admittedly have no idea what's inside the next machine.)

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Supossedly Time Breaker Vegeta from God Mission 9:

Link: https://twitter.com/SSJGZetto/status/741376035363692544