"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ryou766 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:43 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:While the rest is most likely foreshadowing, unfortunately this outfit just wasn't meant to be. At least Heroes acknowledges its excellence. :mrgreen:
Toyotaro is our only hope. (probably not)

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:48 pm

ryou766 wrote:Toyotaro is our only hope. (probably not)
Speaking of which, I know this is off-topic, so bear with me, but how's his characterization of Black in your opinion? Seeing as you're one of the biggest Black fans, seems as though you would be the best person to ask.

Also, on-topic, as a few others, I look forward to the naming convention of Future Trunks' power-up form. Of course, "Merged Zamasu" isn't the most creative name, so we'll see if it turns out well.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Speaking of which, I know this is off-topic, so bear with me, but how's his characterization of Black in your opinion? Seeing as you're one of the biggest Black fans, seems as though you would be the best person to ask.

Also, on-topic, as a few others, I look forward to the naming convention of Future Trunks' power-up form. Of course, "Merged Zamasu" isn't the most creative name, so we'll see if it turns out well.
Merged Zamasu's English name is Fusion Zamasu.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:53 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:

1) Verge Super Saiyan.

2) Zamack.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:55 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Yeah, I saw it on Geekdom's twitter.
Obviously foreshadowing.
It was cleverly done.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:Merged Zamasu's English name is Fusion Zamasu.
Ich. Merged is a lot better. Still, that's his English simulcast sub name. Which I'd assume is just as valid as Merged, but eh, it doesn't have the same ring to me.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:26 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Dark Dragon Balls.
Made by who?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Noah wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:Dark Dragon Balls.
Made by who?
A Namekian captured and brainwashed by Towa.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:42 pm

Noah wrote:Made by who?
In the manga adaptation at least, it's Dende (under Towa's control, as mentioned). He's never named as far as I know, but "the Namekian" is wearing Kami/God's robe with the symbol plastered on it.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:45 pm

So far, the manga's storyline seems to be taking things to interesting places. I'm intrigued by where the plot will go, assuming it doesn't turn into an unnecessary fight that doesn't accomplish anything (namely obtaining a Dark Dragon Ball). I wonder how Demigra feels about Mechikabura suddenly taking the spotlight.
Last edited by Anime Kitten on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:46 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:A Namekian captured and brainwashed by Towa.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:In the manga adaptation at least, it's Dende (under Towa's control, as mentioned). He's never named as far as I know, but "the Namekian" is wearing Kami/God's robe with the symbol plastered on it.
Interesting concept, it would be a good plot to see in the anime :thumbup:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:02 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Noah wrote:Made by who?
In the manga adaptation at least, it's Dende (under Towa's control, as mentioned). He's never named as far as I know, but "the Namekian" is wearing Kami/God's robe with the symbol plastered on it.
And in Dragon Ball Online that role belongs to Naraka, the Evil Namekian who wanted to become a God and used the Chocolay's Tower (a sinister copy of Karin's Tower) as a base.

In "Super Dragon Ball Heroes" they have rescued this concept but simplified.

Chocolay's Tower (located on Earth in Dragon Ball Online):

Evil Dende's Tower (located on Makai(?) in Super Dragon Ball Heroes):

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:43 am

HECTOR4 wrote:And in Dragon Ball Online that role belongs to Naraka, the Evil Namekian who wanted to become a God and used the Chocolay's Tower (a sinister copy of Karin's Tower) as a base.

In "Super Dragon Ball Heroes" they have rescued this concept but simplified.
From what I remember, that's not quite right. In all the stuff we translated on Naraku, nothing was mentioned about him wanting to become a god. It was his subordinate, Gamelan, who wanted to become Naraku's god. (Whatever that means.) I've also never seen anything about Dark Dragon Balls in regards to the game, but that doesn't mean there wasn't anything...

So I'm not really sure is the concept as a whole is recycled from Online. The "tree" design in Heroes' Demon Realm definitely seems to be based on Chocolay Tower though. However, I'm not sure Dende has anything to do with it in Heroes' game or manga. We've seen the tree, with a red jewel added(? I've never seen it in anything DBO related), since the very start of Heroes and mentioned in the very first capture of the manga, before the Dark Dragon Balls were created or anything. I think we need more info on the manga to say anything for certain though.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:23 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: From what I remember, that's not quite right. In all the stuff we translated on Naraku, nothing was mentioned about him wanting to become a god. It was his subordinate, Gamelan, who wanted to become Naraku's god. (Whatever that means.) I've also never seen anything about Dark Dragon Balls in regards to the game, but that doesn't mean there wasn't anything...

So I'm not really sure is the concept as a whole is recycled from Online. The "tree" design in Heroes' Demon Realm definitely seems to be based on Chocolay Tower though. However, I'm not sure Dende has anything to do with it in Heroes' game or manga. We've seen the tree, with a red jewel added(? I've never seen it in anything DBO related), since the very start of Heroes and mentioned in the very first capture of the manga, before the Dark Dragon Balls were created or anything. I think we need more info on the manga to say anything for certain though.
Ah, OK. I misread your translation then. But then still it looks more like the concept of "Dragon Ball Online". I think that Gamelan is this Dragon Clan Namekian in the left (yeah, supposedly Gamelan is also one of the Mashenlongs/Pokopen invocations, but still they could have the same name):

Is a magician Namekian like Dende. In Super Dragon Ball Heroes they added the plot of Dark Dragon Balls to create a much simpler story...And combining the Namekian magician with the Namekian monstrosity Time Breaker (with that possession mechanism so similar in his face) they are created Evil Dende (or whoever that guy, but the design is very similar to Dende). Surely they don't want to use more "new" characters that were previously associated with another plots in DBO, so they have simplified the concept creating an Evil Dende, whose design is more recognizable.

And of course, there are certain changes in the designs. It is a recycling concepts not an exact copy.

In the game files of DBO some people found some textures that never came to be used, like this:

Image Image

Very similar to this:

And, yes, all of this is only my opinion, haha ^^

NOTE: Again, sorry for my bad English :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:31 pm

Does Dimps have all the rights of Dragon Ball Online? Maybe we could see a lot more from there in Heroes, who knows. I always wanted to know if Super Mira is Heroes' thing, or could it be a form that was planned to appear in Online, for example. :think:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:57 pm

Grimlock wrote:Does Dimps have all the rights of Dragon Ball Online? Maybe we could see a lot more from there in Heroes, who knows. I always wanted to know if Super Mira is Heroes' thing, or could it be a form that was planned to appear in Online, for example. :think:
According to DB Wikia (so take this how you will), whoever NTL is developed Dragon Ball Online. I don't know whether they have any ties to Dimps or not.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:15 pm

Now that event is over i have to say i'm dissapointed we didn't have anything in regards of a new SS4, like it's been almost a year since the last one Gohan was revealed, i wonder if it would be possible that something like a tease trailer could be released about that before the year ends, i certainly hope so....

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:21 pm

Dragotaker wrote:Now that event is over i have to say i'm dissapointed we didn't have anything in regards of a new SS4, like it's been almost a year since the last one Gohan was revealed, i wonder if it would be possible that something like a tease trailer could be released about that before the year ends, i certainly hope so....
Well, a new Super Saiyan would've been even better, for me at least. Maybe give the female characters some love, seeing how neglected Note is in the 2D-animated trailers. Otherwise, I'd still bet on a SSJ4 Bardock.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:46 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Well, a new Super Saiyan would've been even better, for me at least. Maybe give the female characters some love, seeing how neglected Note is in the 2D-animated trailers. Otherwise, I'd still bet on a SSJ4 Bardock.
It would be cool if Pan finally got normal Super Saiyan and if we are going by that i would also like to see Turles doing the same and go beyond that, i really hoping to see Bardock SS4 too and also make that a thing where once a year they reveal a new one.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:08 pm

Am I the only one who finds its of no small irony that the being responsible for creating the one star shadow dragon should bond with the one star dark dragon ball?