"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

YonedgeHP
Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:26 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Am I the only one who finds its of no small irony that the being responsible for creating the one star shadow dragon should bond with the one star dark dragon ball?

It's most likely a tribute to Yi Xing Long from Dimps haha.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:44 pm

Dragotaker wrote:Now that event is over i have to say i'm dissapointed we didn't have anything in regards of a new SS4, like it's been almost a year since the last one Gohan was revealed, i wonder if it would be possible that something like a tease trailer could be released about that before the year ends, i certainly hope so....
At this point theres only three real candidates for SSJ4. Vegetto, GT Gotenks, and Bardock.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:32 pm

The last hope of a character achieving Super Saiyan 4 is by him being one of the SEC. Which is very unlikely if you ask me. If that's not the case, then maybe next year they come back giving someone a new form.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:24 pm

Grimlock wrote:The last hope of a character achieving Super Saiyan 4 is by him being one of the SEC. Which is very unlikely if you ask me. If that's not the case, then maybe next year they come back giving someone a new form.
No way he is one of the SEC, we already saw the trailer for the first mission and one of them is almost certainly the new Zamazu/Black fusion, the other one is probably the Vegeta/Trunks fusion, like you said at this point it will be released next year but i at least would like something like a trailer teasing it before the year ends.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:15 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Am I the only one who finds its of no small irony that the being responsible for creating the one star shadow dragon should bond with the one star dark dragon ball?

My thoughts exactly!

Just imagine Omega Shenron with these Dark Dragon Balls. He would look like a freakin devil (even if this title is already taken by Broly :lol: ).

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:11 pm

I keep seeing this but never its source, was it said Mechikabura is Towa and Dabura's grandfather? If so, where exactly?

~ Day of the Machines ~

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:45 pm

It was tossed out by a lot of Japanese users on Twitter when Chapter 2 of the SDBH manga released. However, most of us don't have the actual chapter to read for context on whether it's meant literally, or the same way Goku calls Kame'sennin "gramps/old man" via Japanese culture.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:47 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It was tossed out by a lot of Japanese users on Twitter when Chapter 2 of the SDBH manga released. However, most of us don't have the actual chapter to read for context on whether it's meant literally, or the same way Goku calls Kame'sennin "gramps/old man" via Japanese culture.
You mean how it's ambiguous whether Fortuneteller Baba and Ox-King are related?

Either they are, or Ox-King simply holds Baba in high regard.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:50 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:You mean how it's ambiguous whether Fortuneteller Baba and Ox-King are related?

Either they are, or Ox-King simply holds Baba in high regard.
That's the idea of what I mean, though your example isn't really ambiguous. We've had plenty of guidebooks over the years. If there was an actual intention for relation, filler addition or not, it would have been mentioned.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:41 pm

Grimlock wrote:I keep seeing this but never its source, was it said Mechikabura is Towa and Dabura's grandfather? If so, where exactly?
Like was said, we don't know for sure but I can confirm he calls her his subordinate, at least.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:00 pm

I see. Thank you two.

~ Day of the Machines ~

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:57 am

Here is an article from V-Jump that summarizes the anniversary event. Perhaps has some interesting information:

http://vjump.shueisha.co.jp/news/n09_20161024_01.html

Yalos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yalos » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:36 am

This game has sooo many useless cards but not even one card of Grandpa Gohan and Yajirobe.

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:47 pm

Hey guys, longtime DBH player here. Unfortunately not in Japan ATM but looking forward to what SDBH will bring.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:53 pm

James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:22 am

Those links don't work.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:06 am

alakazam^ wrote:Those links don't work.
They should be working now.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:54 pm

Full Super Dragon Ball Heroes opening song is up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGth0XUSe1w

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:26 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:They should be working now.
:thumbup:

Trunks wanted to go after him (I suppose that was Demigra, right?) but the Time Kaioushin said it was more than he could handle so she wanted to return him to his world. In that case, Trunks says he'll get stronger while waiting for them to make a move. The Time Kaioushin could need a hand so she accepts his help and brings forth, for a limited time, the strongest warrior in Trunks' memories to help him train - Goku: Xeno.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:23 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:They should be working now.
:thumbup:

Trunks wanted to go after him (I suppose that was Demigra, right?) but the Time Kaioushin said it was more than he could handle so she wanted to return him to his world. In that case, Trunks says he'll get stronger while waiting for them to make a move. The Time Kaioushin could need a hand so she accepts his help and brings forth, for a limited time, the strongest warrior in Trunks' memories to help him train - Goku: Xeno.
So, Xeno Goku is something like a doppelganger of Goku that the Time Kaioshin created based on Trunks' memories?

And yes, it was Demigra.