"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:05 am

NormalHero wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
NormalHero wrote:why ssj blu female doesn't have spiky hair?
all of them are in base form
i don't understand, this not make any sense.
They have blue hair because the are ssj blu.
Ssj blu goku has his hair spiky, why the heroes avatars no?
because they're literally recoloured base forms. It's lazy

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:40 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
NormalHero wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
all of them are in base form
i don't understand, this not make any sense.
No: it's WEIRD because they already have the models for the Super Saiyan hair.
Recoloring that or recoloring the base forms would require the exact same amount of effort.

It's worth to note that the Saiyan Avatars God forms aren't actually called "Super Saiyan God", unlike the Super Saiyan 1-3.
Or, at very least, I can't seem to find them being referred to such in the official website.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:04 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
NormalHero wrote: i don't understand, this not make any sense.
No: it's WEIRD because they already have the models for the Super Saiyan hair.
Recoloring that or recoloring the base forms would require the exact same amount of effort.

It's worth to note that the Saiyan Avatars God forms aren't actually called "Super Saiyan God", unlike the Super Saiyan 1-3.
Or, at very least, I can't seem to find them being referred to such in the official website.
For whatever silly reason they gave them base hair. I dont know why, I dont care why, I feel its stupid when the androids change and so do the demons.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:33 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote: For whatever silly reason they gave them base hair. I dont know why, I dont care why, I feel its stupid when the androids change and so do the demons.
I actually care, as it might be something lore-related.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:12 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote: For whatever silly reason they gave them base hair. I dont know why, I dont care why, I feel its stupid when the androids change and so do the demons.
I actually care, as it might be something lore-related.
ok then, why do none of the other god level saiyans have base hair in the series proper?

They didnt do this with Red God either, so I assume this is just down to some strange thing they didnt decide to divulge last year either

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:41 pm

What if they gave them base blue hair for this form, and are saving the spiky version for when the avatars go Blue Evolution?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:39 pm

Outside of the manga's brief use of the form for Vegeta (who's hair rarely ever changes for anything), Goku is the only Super Saiyan God we've ever seen. His hair in that form is the same as his natural base state, besides the bangs being slightly more SS-esque. So the avatars just having their base hair recolored to be magenta in Super Saiyan God is far more excusable than whatever lapse in judgement caused them to design the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan versions with blue base hair.

I know they can be fairly lazy at times, because they have a nasty habit of recycling SS hair designs for SS2 (which they even did for the avatars). But that doesn't really feel valid here anyway. It's not like it would've been any extra work. They've had designs and in-game models for their Super Saiyan hair for years now. Just had to color them blue...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:18 pm

Speaking of the manga exclusive SSG Vegeta, I would LOVE to see him get a card for this form - as well as standard SSJ Goku Black from the manga.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:50 am

Can someone simplify for me what the different "missions" are for this game?

It looks like they're now on the Universe missions? And before that it was the God missions?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:46 am

Bullza wrote:Can someone simplify for me what the different "missions" are for this game?

It looks like they're now on the Universe missions? And before that it was the God missions?
Think of it like different arcs.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:58 am

Bullza wrote:Can someone simplify for me what the different "missions" are for this game?

It’s them moving on to the next arc, the first one was hero mission or just heroes which was H1-H8 and covered just dragon ball Z stuff and some Z movies, next was galaxy mission which covered Dragon Ball GT arcs(up to super 17) and a lot of the Z movies GM1-GM10, after galaxy mission came jaakuryu mission or evil dragon mission this arc would cover Black smoke Shenron effecting time when being summoned(this is confirmed in the 5th anniversary guide) we would get for the first set some rehash of Dragon Ball Z and DBGT but also a dragon ball set of story levels that go up to the Mercenary Tao fight, also the 6th set of JM introduced trunks xeno our first look of what would come in the future( this set is JM1-JM8). Finally we move on the the last original DBH set which is god mission it covers the demon realm/online lore and dragon ball super up too Zamasu before he merges with black(also we get a king Piccolo arc in GDM4 to wrap up dragon ball)GDM1-GDM10 is this set, now on too SDBH or as the missions where called Super Heroes this would cover mechikabura trying to regain his youth and end the dark empire arc for now, also it covers Super all the way up to the Tournament of Power(these sets are SH1-SH8). Now we are at the first set for Universe mission which seems to cover the end of Super(so far) and continue its own lore with fu and the prison planet.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:33 am

So it's

Hero Mission
Galaxy Mission
Jaakuyru Mission
God Mission
Universe Mission

And it was starting with God Mission that the game changed to Super Dragon Ball Heroes right?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:36 am

Bullza wrote:So it's

Hero Mission
Galaxy Mission
Jaakuyru Mission
God Mission
Universe Mission

And it was starting with God Mission that the game changed to Super Dragon Ball Heroes right?
No it goes god mission then Super Heroes and after Super Heroes is Universe Mission

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:06 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:No it goes god mission then Super Heroes and after Super Heroes is Universe Mission
So the stuff inbetween God and Universe Mission does not have a "Mission" tag related to it then?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:22 pm

Wilderness wrote:Speaking of the manga exclusive SSG Vegeta, I would LOVE to see him get a card for this form - as well as standard SSJ Goku Black from the manga.
I'd also like a version of zamasu with the cubes and wormhole punching where he's shirtless.

And perhaps a hakaishin Toppo

Goresh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Goresh » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Bullza wrote:
S3 Hendrix wrote:No it goes god mission then Super Heroes and after Super Heroes is Universe Mission
So the stuff inbetween God and Universe Mission does not have a "Mission" tag related to it then?
No specific "missions" tag but it's structured the same way as every other set of missions.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Wilderness wrote:Speaking of the manga exclusive SSG Vegeta, I would LOVE to see him get a card for this form - as well as standard SSJ Goku Black from the manga.
Now that we'll have a lull in new content from the series proper I wouldn't be surprised if they fill the gaps between Super and the movie with some stuff like that, and maybe even go a bit further with things like SSJ3 Black.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:22 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Now that we'll have a lull in new content from the series proper I wouldn't be surprised if they fill the gaps between Super and the movie with some stuff like that, and maybe even go a bit further with things like SSJ3 Black.
I wouldnt mind this, or a version of Goku in Zamasu's body. Put him in the gi and give him his power pole back

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:47 am

I'd be surprised if SSG Vegeta isn't coming some point soon, considering we just got a Gamma Burst Flash card.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:14 am

Here are the SECs. Nothing interesting except for Fu, of course.

[spoiler]Image Image Image[/spoiler]
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~