"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GoldLiger
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by GoldLiger » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:41 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Well, I guess Gohan would make a bigger impact for the fandom overall...but they're both basically in the same boat IMO. Seeing how they typically never explain any of their what-ifs, giving SS3 to Gohan when he already has his Ultimate state is completely pointless. it's honestly less exciting to me than Tarble right now. xD
This is Heroes TDC. You can expect pointless things to happen lol. Just think of that version of Gohan as the version most fans wanted(a Gohan who kept training and didn't study ALL the time after Cell Saga).

Just think of Heroes as different dimensions. So SS3 Gohan is a great addition.
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:19 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:SS3 Gohan would make more sense. Tarble arriving doesn't feel like "A HERO'S ARRIVAL OMG!!", I mean... it's Tarble. :P
Why would SS3 Gohan have a red aura though? I think he'd be a more logical choice, but I don't see anything in this trailer to link to him.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

gokugambitoptimus
Beyond Newbie

Post by gokugambitoptimus » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Maybe the Dragon Ball Super version of Tarble is more powerful than Goku & his friends return version

(Tarble in Dragon Ball Super is only a theory)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:33 am

The DBSSSS (30th anniversary) website posted a nice little teaser for GDM4 by revealing the set will also be giving us (at least) Tambourine and Giant Piccolo Daimao.

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:14 am

Saiga wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:SS3 Gohan would make more sense. Tarble arriving doesn't feel like "A HERO'S ARRIVAL OMG!!", I mean... it's Tarble. :P
Why would SS3 Gohan have a red aura though? I think he'd be a more logical choice, but I don't see anything in this trailer to link to him.
Maybe they just madenit red to look cool. Outside of the Super Saiyan Gods, no one else has a red aura.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Darknat
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darknat » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:43 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The DBSSSS (30th anniversary) website posted a nice little teaser for GDM4 by revealing the set will also be giving us (at least) Tambourine and Giant Piccolo Daimao.
This is great, I love the Piccolo saga. Giant Daimao was unexpected but I like the idea.

I hope they add Drum and Cymbal a well, and I wouldn't mind having Mr Popo an even Ukelele (this one is probably not going to happen).

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:53 am

Darknat wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The DBSSSS (30th anniversary) website posted a nice little teaser for GDM4 by revealing the set will also be giving us (at least) Tambourine and Giant Piccolo Daimao.
This is great, I love the Piccolo saga. Giant Daimao was unexpected but I like the idea.

I hope they add Drum and Cymbal a well, and I wouldn't mind having Mr Popo an even Ukelele (this one is probably not going to happen).
Same sentiment here. Wasn't expecting Giant Daimao but it's cool and it makes sense. Ma Junior and Slug have it and they are both evil namekians. Naraka uses it too if I'm not wrong.
I would be very impressed if they didn't add Drum and Cymbal to the mix. I would love to see Ukelele, he needs artwork and has been around for a while.
Mister Popo... Yeah why not? Could be fun. I'm hoping we see Naraka either this or the next set since he would be related to the theme.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:06 am

Just a reminder that we may not actually get the other members like Cymbal and Drum this set. They do occasionally hold back some characters for release in the following set as a supplement (like how Shisami wasn't in the "F" debut set).

Anyway, announcement of GDM4's UR cards. I'm glad none of them seem to be wasted on the SECs, so we could still possibly get something interesting...though I won't hold my breath.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:48 pm

Is that SSJ3 kid Gohan? I would have expected to see SSJ3 or 4 adult Gohan first.

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:52 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Just a reminder that we may not actually get the other members like Cymbal and Drum this set. They do occasionally hold back some characters for release in the following set as a supplement (like how Shisami wasn't in the "F" debut set).

Anyway, announcement of GDM4's UR cards. I'm glad none of them seem to be wasted on the SECs, so we could still possibly get something interesting...though I won't hold my breath.
where did you find those pics?

Darknat
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darknat » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:36 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Just a reminder that we may not actually get the other members like Cymbal and Drum this set. They do occasionally hold back some characters for release in the following set as a supplement (like how Shisami wasn't in the "F" debut set).
Now that I think about it, neither Tambourine nor Piccolo have any team attack with any other of the mazoku, so probably you are right and won't be seeing those 2 yet.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:45 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:Is that SSJ3 kid Gohan? I would have expected to see SSJ3 or 4 adult Gohan first.
It's Buu Saga Gohan with Piccolo's outfit

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:25 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:Is that SSJ3 kid Gohan? I would have expected to see SSJ3 or 4 adult Gohan first.
More like an alternate dimension Adult Gohan(one who trained after Cell instead of mainly studying).

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:27 pm

GoldLiger wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
More like an alternate dimension Adult Gohan(one who trained after Cell instead of mainly studying).
Where is this states? Please cite your source.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:30 pm

DNA wrote: Where is this states? Please cite your source.
I think it's just a theory.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:33 pm

sintzu wrote:
Yeah, it is a complete fan theory that shouldn't be stated as a fact. And it should also not be used to correct someone who's actually stating facts.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:10 pm

DNA wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Yeah, it is a complete fan theory that shouldn't be stated as a fact. And it should also not be used to correct someone who's actually stating facts.
Dude DB Heroes is all about alternate dimensions and different versions of one character. Haven't you been paying attention at all about this game? You know full well that the original Gohan doesn't train enough to go SS3 in the first place(or wear Piccolo's outfit like he did as a kid).

You truly need to pay attention.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:17 pm

GoldLiger wrote:
DNA wrote: Yeah, it is a complete fan theory that shouldn't be stated as a fact. And it should also not be used to correct someone who's actually stating facts.
Dude DB Heroes is all about alternate dimensions and different versions of one character. Haven't you been paying attention at all about this game? You know full well that the original Gohan doesn't train enough to go SS3 in the first place(or wear Piccolo's outfit like he did as a kid).

You truly need to pay attention.
I have been here since the beginning, the game is known for its lack of any explanation for transformations, forms and absorptions. Speculating is fine, flat out stating it as a fact is not.

You really need to tone down your insultuous tone.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:16 pm

Only fact here is that this is Gohan in his late teen self, as seen in the Boo arc. (青年 - seinen, instead of 少年 - shounen)

Funny how the Heroes transformations are so all over the place that the cape is what looks out of place.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:28 pm

Yeah, we've known for a while that it was going to be his Buu (and beyond) era self with the transformation. I can't help but wonder if the cape may look better in a clearer image. It seems kinda small right now though...

Also kinda curious what Towa's screen says. I recognize the "ankokumakai no" by now, but not sure what the rest is. I assume it's either referencing her army or her being a mage/scientist though, so nothing interesting. Just curious.