"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Heroes

Post by DNA » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:48 pm

I can't help but think there's something odd with this animation... On the first one, characters are clearly talking but we don't actually hear them. On the second one, the animation cuts off at various points to show some actual game footage.
I just can't help but feel there's something missing, maybe actual dialogue that was recorded, maybe missing animation that was cut to showcase the actual game. I wish we had answers and could see more of this. Anyone found anything else? Or at least a better clip of the animated SS3 Trunks?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:46 pm

I'm pretty sure you are getting everything as it is meant to be seen. IF there is anything extra, I doubt it will see the light of day.

Now, that being said, onto the next matter at hand. lol The game's official site has updated with the next mission. The previous one was to defeat all 5 forms of Cell: Imperfect, Semiperfect, Perfect, the buff form similar to SS grade 3, and Super Perfect. This time around, the goal is to defeat the "Three Great Super Saiyan...3's". =P Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta returns in game format:http://www.carddas.com/dbh/mission/

I swear this game has one of the oddest rosters now that they have the kids in the Mighty Mask outfit, Pui Pui, Fat Gotenks, and even Freeza...but only in his second form. lol
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:10 pm

songohan619 wrote:More Animated Trunks going SSJ3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie0MJaQ2 ... ture=feedu
Fantastic!!!!!!!!! They even went through the trouble of animating him. He's so very close to becoming canon. Plus, he looks infinitely better than Goku & Vegeta.

That game is awesome. :mrgreen:

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:40 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I'm pretty sure you are getting everything as it is meant to be seen. IF there is anything extra, I doubt it will see the light of day.
Proven wrong in less than a day... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBnuP6Ht ... re=related
No dialogue as always, but the whole trailer has been sort of restructured to reveal the full animation which now includes Trunks actually attacking.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Niiiice.
I'm disappointed that I'll probably never get to play this ...
Oh well, at least I can still collect the cards.

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:36 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I'm pretty sure you are getting everything as it is meant to be seen. IF there is anything extra, I doubt it will see the light of day.

Now, that being said, onto the next matter at hand. lol The game's official site has updated with the next mission. The previous one was to defeat all 5 forms of Cell: Imperfect, Semiperfect, Perfect, the buff form similar to SS grade 3, and Super Perfect. This time around, the goal is to defeat the "Three Great Super Saiyan...3's". =P Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta returns in game format:http://www.carddas.com/dbh/mission/

I swear this game has one of the oddest rosters now that they have the kids in the Mighty Mask outfit, Pui Pui, Fat Gotenks, and even Freeza...but only in his second form. lol
Why does this reminds me of DBZ Movie 7: "Extreme Battle!! The Three Great Super Saiyans"??
( ¯ω¯·)
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:28 pm

Every time another one of these games comes out, I pray that the new cool characters/forms make it to one of the console fighting games. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. This one seems to be upping the ante, so I'm praying double hard this time!
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:55 pm

Ahiru77 wrote:He's so very close to becoming canon. Plus, he looks infinitely better than Goku & Vegeta.
No.
And hurray, more whoring out the Budokai engine.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:45 pm

^ Sorry, got a little carried away. Image

I never played budokai so this engine doesn't seem so recycled to me.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:39 am

I don't see how this is whoring out the Budokai engine either, as it isn't even a fighting game. Sure they use the Budokai models, but that is an entirely different story. Whoring it out to me would be like Budokai to Infinite World, this time they took a fighting game and completely changed everything except the visual style.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:31 am

Lol Trunks looks exactly like Goku in trunk's outfit!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:54 am

Jackal puFF wrote:Lol Trunks looks exactly like Goku in trunk's outfit!
No he doesn't.

Turtle Marked Stone
Regular

Post by Turtle Marked Stone » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:57 am

DNA wrote:
Jackal puFF wrote:Lol Trunks looks exactly like Goku in trunk's outfit!
No he doesn't.
Outside the one strand of hair in the animated scene I kinda think he does. In the actual game he retains more of his facial features though.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:07 pm

SS3 Trunks' doesn' really look like Goku, because EVERYONE's face kinda looks the same in the newer DB stuff as long as they share a similar structure (Of course Dabra isn't going to look like Goku). His hair is actually fairly different to Goku for 2 reasons, the first being the two antenna bangs. The second being the fact that Trunks keeps the bottom of his bowl cut in the form, which is really weird:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:35 pm

That is strange (about the bowl cut) you'd think if the hair would grow, it'd grow everywhere on his head.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:27 pm

Ahah, I think that looks kinda funny, and different, reminds me of my sister, she used to have her hair like that, well, except for the blond and spiky bit.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Wow Trunks has no black in his pupils, guess thats just a trait for Goku.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:00 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:Wow Trunks has no black in his pupils, guess thats just a trait for Goku.
To be fair, it doesn't look like Goku has pupils in his DB Heroes SS3 art either.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:19 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:SS3 Trunks' doesn' really look like Goku, because EVERYONE's face kinda looks the same in the newer DB stuff as long as they share a similar structure (Of course Dabra isn't going to look like Goku). His hair is actually fairly different to Goku for 2 reasons, the first being the two antenna bangs. The second being the fact that Trunks keeps the bottom of his bowl cut in the form, which is really weird:
*snip*
Thanks for the "easy-as-123"-explanation. :mrgreen:

Okay, you guys, watch this single video grow into a feature film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JowDGBDM2Y0

Incredibly cool how he handles that sword. Effort was put into this.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:14 pm

Ahiru77 wrote:Thanks for the "easy-as-123"-explanation. :mrgreen:
Okay, you guys, watch this single video grow into a feature film:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JowDGBDM2Y0
Incredibly cool how he handles that sword. Effort was put into this.
=P

I posted that somewhere towards the top of this page, but it was really bad quality, it is nice to see it a bit more HQ.
I agree the commercial is pretty nicely done, I wish we had gotten something similar for SS3 Vegeta and Broli when they were introduced.
Would have been nice to see them animated as well, even if a large chunk of the fan base disapproves of them. lol