"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:55 pm

Heroes power scaling is fine. The problem is when people try to fit it within the canon dbs story where confusion arises. Heroes is its own thing, super its another.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:38 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:42 pm Who is the guy on top?
Powered-up Young Mechikaboola

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:55 pm Heroes power scaling is fine. The problem is when people try to fit it within the canon dbs story where confusion arises. Heroes is its own thing, super its another.
Nope, it's not.
The anime, for example, is a mess.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:12 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:07 pm
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:55 pm Heroes power scaling is fine. The problem is when people try to fit it within the canon dbs story where confusion arises. Heroes is its own thing, super its another.
Nope, it's not.
Are you implying that the arcade is also inconsistent? Because it's frankly vague or neutral enough in most dialogue parts that the scaling can work itself out.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:05 am

Rakurai wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:12 pm
Nope, it's not.
Are you implying that the arcade is also inconsistent? Because it's frankly vague or neutral enough in most dialogue parts that the scaling can work itself out.
Not like the anime, but in the game SsjB Goku and Vegeta chose to fuse against Cumber, but the Ssj4s (who're weaker) don't.

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:27 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:05 am
Nope, it's not.
Not like the anime, but in the game SsjB Goku and Vegeta chose to fuse against Cumber, but the Ssj4s (who're weaker) don't.
Uhhhh, Vegito xeno ssj4 fights Cumber ssj3 in the arcade game cause both Goku Xeno ssj4 And Vegeta xeno ssj4 couldn’t do much damage to him, what are you talking about? Have you even seen the arcade story before posting this ?

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:41 am

Zamasu55 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:05 am
Nope, it's not.
SSJ4 XGoku is only one step below SSB Goku which means that their power difference is not that significant. No comparison was made for the Vegetas, so SSJ4 XVegeta could very well be much stronger than SSB Vegeta (I haven't ruled that out yet).

Aside from them and the ambiguity with fusion (whose gains have always been plot dependent even in the main series), everything else powerscaling wise is fine. Actually I can literally point out more inconsistencies in DBS than in SDBH.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:51 pm

To be honest I'm not sure if XGoku is really meant to be weaker than SSB Goku. He makes that comment when the player defeats him in a mission, and in other mediums they appear to be even. I think that was more of a gameplay thing.

Goku and Vegeta fusing against base Cumber appears to be the outlier. In the rematch, they don't seem to feel the need to fuse even against SS Cumber.

I'd say that XGoku and Vegeta as a team are probably roughly equal to CC Goku and Vegeta, even if they're weaker. And both teams are roughly on par with SS Cumber, but disadvantaged.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:35 pm

Saiga wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:51 pm To be honest I'm not sure if XGoku is really meant to be weaker than SSB Goku. He makes that comment when the player defeats him in a mission, and in other mediums they appear to be even. I think that was more of a gameplay thing.

Goku and Vegeta fusing against base Cumber appears to be the outlier. In the rematch, they don't seem to feel the need to fuse even against SS Cumber.

I'd say that XGoku and Vegeta as a team are probably roughly equal to CC Goku and Vegeta, even if they're weaker. And both teams are roughly on par with SS Cumber, but disadvantaged.
Well in World Mission that was recently released for the switch (Great Game btw) Goku Xeno & Vegeta Xeno in their base forms were stronger than both Caulifla (SS2) Kale (In Her Base) & Cabbe during the T.O.P and Goku & Vegeta in their blue forms challenge them while the Xeno's are in their base forms

check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rslxnvcrjew&t=3s

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:26 pm

Saiga wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:51 pm To be honest I'm not sure if XGoku is really meant to be weaker than SSB Goku. He makes that comment when the player defeats him in a mission, and in other mediums they appear to be even. I think that was more of a gameplay thing.

I want to agree with that sentiment. To me, the producers haven't made a really strong case for SSB Goku (ala CC) being definitively stronger than SSJ4 Goku (ala Xeno) despite their canon interaction. But they could've easily turned the dialogue into a different direction like they did with subsequent ones that don't really specify superiority to one party over the other (like XGoku saying 'Wow you ain't half-bad' or 'I'm getting excited!' etc.). And yet they didn't, so it's a pretty strong indication that this was actually meant to be.

It's the same with Goku & Vegeta vs Cumber. Goku went SSB-KK against SSJ Cumber fighting along with the rest of the team. SSJ Cumber is definitely above the SSB duo at the very least if they couldn't push back SSJ Cumber under those conditions. But SSJ Cumber is canonically equal to SSJ4 XGoku and XVegeta. The only way this would be all fixed is if XGoku > CC Goku which is evidently not true.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:15 am

I wouldn't necessarily say he's exactly equal to them. XVegeta says they're on par, but he's also frustrated that they're not able to make any headway against him. Meanwhile Cumber doesn't seem to think much of them as he's fighting. I think he stone-walled both groups and that it wouldn't necessarily point to one side being stronger than the other.

The big thing to me is that these aren't detailed fights, so I take them in broadly given that there isn't a lot we can analyze.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:54 am

Saiga wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:15 am I wouldn't necessarily say he's exactly equal to them. XVegeta says they're on par, but he's also frustrated that they're not able to make any headway against him. Meanwhile Cumber doesn't seem to think much of them as he's fighting. I think he stone-walled both groups and that it wouldn't necessarily point to one side being stronger than the other.

The big thing to me is that these aren't detailed fights, so I take them in broadly given that there isn't a lot we can analyze.
I took it more as XVegeta being surprised that Cumber's power is equal to him and XGoku as SSJ4's based on his tone (he has a voiceover in the game for this scene). And then Cumber got offended at that fact and ramped it up to prove XVegeta wrong. But yours is an interesting way to think about it.

I do agree that these aren't detailed fights so they should be taken more broadly. I think people need to do that more in general when it comes to powerscaling DB.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:08 am

Ah. I'm just trying to read tone from the dialogue only, so I could always be wrong in that.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8W0bcL89ik

Someone kindly made a play-by-play of the GT Gogeta vs. Fin battle in the manga. Complete with original voice acting :lol:. Pages are also on his Twitter.

https://twitter.com/pontaosu4/status/11 ... 5806395392

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:57 pm

GUYS check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2qnh5ydmyY Apparently Xeno Goku & Xeno Vegeta are stronger than Blue Goku & Blue Vegeta (T.O.P)

Do the Console Version of SDBH have a different continuity than the OG Arcade version?
There's tons more easter eggs and little things like this in World Mission

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:29 am

Yes, these games for portable consoles (and now Steam for the latest) take place in a different continuity from the arcade, which is the main thing. Whatever they state, whatever they establish, it is not a fact for the arcade.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:21 am

Was Prison Planet location on future timeline ?

S3 Hendrix
Regular

Post by S3 Hendrix » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:02 am

Gohan123 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:21 am Was Prison Planet location on future timeline ?
It depends what continuity you go off of, in the manga story yes Prison planet is located in Trunks’ Future. In the game story Fu say it’s a place at the edge of space, and in the anime they never specify.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:32 pm

is Omega Shenron from GT dead already??? i know Finn absorbed GT Gogeta while they were fighting each other, was thinking that maybe since he is going to face Xeno Gogeta he could also absorb Omega if he still somewhere to become an even bigger monstrosity, he wouldn't power up much more considering how weak me must be compared to the one Demigra brought back but still, i just want something more than Gogeta single handedly saving the day again with no effort, this Finn thing should be able to hold back more than just one mission.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Interestingly, World Mission outright confirms that Goku Xeno and Vegeta Xeno come from GT's timeline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMHMMQkhX7Q