Dragon Ball Online Timeline

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Citrinate

Re: Dragon Ball Online Timeline

Post by Citrinate » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:31 pm

I'm pretty sure that Amaranth Sparrow was the one who translated that event and said the sources were "Some is from the game, some from the official site, and some of it's a bit older, from a press conferences".

I keep a list of all the interviews I know about at the bottom of this post, but I'm not sure which one it's in.

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:23 am

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:25 am

Age 2000: Miira enlists remnants of Freeza's World Trade Organization and the Red Pants Army, allowing him to conquer Earth. He soon uses a Time machine to travel back in time and steal Goku's DNA.

↑Incorrect information ...

Age 2000(x), Age 1000(o)
Last edited by DongHyun on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wobbuffet
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Wobbuffet » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:28 pm

DongHyun wrote:http://cafe.daum.net/FoReVerDB/74sH/66

complete!!
Thanks!
Am I the only one who can't translate the page with Google Chrome?
Sorry, I can't speak English very well, but I'm trying my best.
This is My Anime List.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:32 pm

Wobbuffet wrote:

complete!!
Thanks!
Am I the only one who can't translate the page with Google Chrome?
I just copied and pasted them into google translater and hit the button, but I only got moonspeak out of it.The few things I could make out however indicate that there is some stuff inside it that we havent seen yet.I also saved the whole text just in case
-凯

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:13 am

Yes, we need a Korean translator.

But we need it now!!!!!!

DongHyun, TRANSLATE THIIIIS, PLEASEEE!!! XDDD

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:35 am

HECTOR4 wrote:DongHyun, TRANSLATE THIIIIS, PLEASEEE!!! XDDD
From what I remember being discussed in the past, he uses an online translator for the few bits of stuff he does post in English.
So you'll still get the same gibberish as most people who have tried to do this on their own.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:39 am

Need... Suzaku... alias... Amaranth... Sparrow... translating... this.

Seriously, is the percentage of Korean/English-Speaking people here really that low???
Probably I should wish from Shenlong to speak Spanish, Korean and Japanese...
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:23 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
HECTOR4 wrote:DongHyun, TRANSLATE THIIIIS, PLEASEEE!!! XDDD
From what I remember being discussed in the past, he uses an online translator for the few bits of stuff he does post in English.
So you'll still get the same gibberish as most people who have tried to do this on their own.
Oh, OK...Like than me.

Sorry...

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:30 am

Toonami97
Beyond Newbie

Post by Toonami97 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Age 991 addition!
Ounce again WOULD YOU PLEASE TRANSLATE

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Toonami97 wrote:Ounce again WOULD YOU PLEASE TRANSLATE
Once again, would you please stop asking him to? He uses an online translator for his English posts. Take the new text and put it in Google translate yourself, you'll get the same gibberish he'd give us by fulfilling your request. As a matter of fact, I'll do it for you:
New 991 Age info wrote:World best ball, that are getting popular day by day goes higher.

● for people interested in martial arts ever-rising on the go, the dance world, the best Dragon Ball Online is underway in the world to continue. Practitioners apply and participate freely available, and for it to be practiced by the No. 1 challenge.

More and more young people involved as practitioners, this conference, "juvenile", "Senior" is divided into progress. Challenger the "Individual", "Team" to participate in, and through qualifying and Repechage winner and is represented by junwooseungja screening.

Although hundreds of years passed, but no change in the basic rules of the game, nor the players out of the stadium will lose eligibility. To tell you about the outside facilitator, specially selected by the organizers of the situation or another cause I'm not sure ... but the progress seems to be the person we've seen very well.
Be patient like the rest of us and wait till someone who can actually translate the text accurately has time to do so, because, as you can see, online translators aren't the best option.

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:08 pm

So, this game is never coming to America is it?
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:17 am

Budogenkai wrote:So, this game is never coming to America is it?
The developers have said they would like a worldwide release, I believe. The game is only leaving Korea now with servers opening up in China and Taiwan. It hasn't even opened in Japan yet.
The game could come eventually but I think it is safe to assume it depends on its success in other countries.

Citrinate

Post by Citrinate » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:38 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Take the new text and put it in Google translate yourself, you'll get the same gibberish he'd give us by fulfilling your request.
Korean and Japanese are actually very similar when it comes to grammar which allows for a word-by-word translation in some cases (or so I've been told). Google's Japanese to English translation also seems to be a bit better than their Korean to English; so you'll sometimes get a little more out of Google by first translating to Japanese. Anyone who speaks Japanese will probably get even more out of a simple Korean to Japanese Google translation.
Last edited by Citrinate on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:32 am

Citrinate wrote:Korean and Japanese are actually very similar when it comes to grammar allowing a word-for-word translation in some cases (or so I've been told). Google's Japanese to English also seems to be a bit better than their Korean to English so you'll sometimes get a little more out of Google by first translating to Japanese. Anyone who speaks Japanese will probably get even more out of a simple Korean to Japanese Google translation.
It seems you are correct, or at least I had a remarkable accident in trying to do so. lol
Translating from Koren to Japanese to English gets something like this, though it is by no means perfect:
Tenkaichi Budokai increasingly grows in popularity.

With more and more people gaining interest in martial arts, the Tenkaichi Budokai continues to be held in the Dragon World.
It is possible to attend, apply for free participation in the challenge to become the champion.

The number of young combatants is growing, so the tournament holds both a "Senior" and "Junior" division.
The challengers can participate in "Solo" and "Team" competitions.
After a winner is determined, runner-ups qualify to participate in a consolation competition.

Even though several hundred years have passed since the original tournament, the rules are not any different.
Competitors who have been knocked from the ring will be disqualified.

*The rest becomes hard to do anything with...as I can't tell what exactly is being talked about*

And the other moderators say whether the state selected by the organizers specifically,
I am not sure whether there is another reason ...
to become the moderator of a little more to get to know us Seen.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sun May 08, 2011 8:08 am

I have a question.Some people say that the characters you play are from different timelines themselves,but some people say that Age 1000 is in fact their home-timeline.Wich is true?
-凯

Citrinate

Post by Citrinate » Sun May 08, 2011 1:28 pm

kaialone wrote:I have a question.Some people say that the characters you play are from different timelines themselves,but some people say that Age 1000 is in fact their home-timeline.Wich is true?
In the intro it says that the player characters are sucked through a time portal (image below) which takes them to Kami House at 761. They eventually meet Trunks there who takes them to the Age 1000.

Trunks does have quite a bit to say when you first meet him and none of that has been translated yet. For all I know he could say that he's going to take you back to your own timeline. However, the way time travel seems to work in the DB universe is that you can travel to and along different timelines but you can't travel along your own. If the player is already from the DBO timeline (which is assumed to be the same one as in the manga) then they shouldn't be able to take part in any of the Time Machine Quests (which are also assumed to be in the manga timeline).

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun May 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Citrinate wrote:However, the way time travel seems to work in the DB universe is that you can travel to and along different timelines but you can't travel along your own. If the player is already from the DBO timeline (which is assumed to be the same one as in the manga) then they shouldn't be able to take part in any of the Time Machine Quests (which are also assumed to be in the manga timeline).
I don't know if the info still holds, but wasn't it said that the Yardratians helped with technology around the planet, like they built teleporters, the new time machine, or the time gate things or something? Anyway, its obvious the time machine is of a new design, if the Yardratians or someone else helped improve Bulma's initial design, it is possible that the flaws the original had may no longer be relevant. After all, Trunks did say that the original didn't always work as it should, did he not? And Bulma did build it with limited resources from a world in chaos.