Dragon Ball Kai Heroes: Console Version

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Dragon Ball Kai Heroes: Console Version

Post by songohan619 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:04 pm

I was looking at the two animated trailers for "Dragon Ball:Heroes", aswell as the newly discovered Super Saiajin Three Future Trunks Image, and it made me wonder:Could Dimps, in a few years, start off a new series of games called:
(In Japan)"Dragon Ball Kai:Heroes(Console Version)"
(In Countries with Kai)"Dragon Ball Kai: Heroes"
(In Countries with Z Kai)"Dragon Ball Z Kai:Heroes"
It would be on the Play Station 3 and Xbox 360, using a mix of Infinite World, Budokai 3, Shin Budokai 2 and Burst Limit`s Fighting Engine. It would have the Characters from the Budokai 1,2,3, Infinite World, Burst Limit,Shin Budokai 1,2, Cardass and Dragon Ball Heroes games, the graphics from Dragon Ball Heroes and the Cardass games. But, without the "Create a Character" mode. The intro could be something like the Animated Trailers for Dragon Ball Heroes, and with the same theme, by Dragon Soul.
Sounds like a good idea?

Toonami97
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Kai Heroes: Console Version

Post by Toonami97 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:41 pm

What Super Saiyan 3 Trunks

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:46 pm

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:04 pm

You do know that Heroes runs on an arcade board equivalent in power to the PS2, right?

Why would any HD console version be based on that?
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:37 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:You do know that Heroes runs on an arcade board equivalent in power to the PS2, right?

Then, put it on the Wii. :mrgreen:

(Srry PS3/360, you lost the Console War to innovative and revolutionary features, nothing you can do can stop it, and it just goes to show that graphics do not equal better games)
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:08 am

metamoss wrote:
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:You do know that Heroes runs on an arcade board equivalent in power to the PS2, right?

Then, put it on the Wii. :mrgreen:

(Srry PS3/360, you lost the Console War to innovative and revolutionary features, nothing you can do can stop it, and it just goes to show that graphics do not equal better games)
But they want to make money. You can't make money releasing a game on the Wii if you aren't Nintendo. That's why third party support on Nintendo consoles has been lacking since the N64 era. And if it were on the Wii they'd add pointless waggle to the controls that don't work half the time and aren't any better than just pressing a button.
­

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:33 am

Taku128 wrote:But they want to make money. You can't make money releasing a game on the Wii if you aren't Nintendo. That's why third party support on Nintendo consoles has been lacking since the N64 era. And if it were on the Wii they'd add pointless waggle to the controls that don't work half the time and aren't any better than just pressing a button.
You can make money releasing games on the Wii. It's the easiest to develop and cheapest console to develop for, with the highest install base. You won't chart. No chance in hell will you make the top 10. But just because you don't break records doesn't mean you don't make money.

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:08 am

Well, the Graphics could be upscaled, but i think that the graphics used in the card games are almost perfect.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:34 am

Innagadadavida wrote:
Taku128 wrote:But they want to make money. You can't make money releasing a game on the Wii if you aren't Nintendo. That's why third party support on Nintendo consoles has been lacking since the N64 era. And if it were on the Wii they'd add pointless waggle to the controls that don't work half the time and aren't any better than just pressing a button.
You can make money releasing games on the Wii. It's the easiest to develop and cheapest console to develop for, with the highest install base. You won't chart. No chance in hell will you make the top 10. But just because you don't break records doesn't mean you don't make money.
Namco Bandai's had a really terrible history with the Wii so I doubt they're rushing to support it with more games in a diminishing franchise.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

NECPS
Beyond Newbie

Post by NECPS » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:55 pm

Well I got "Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory" for Wii.

It is a arcade card game in japan, and its engine if from PS2 Dragon Quest VIII.

If they release this , would be probably on Wii. And no regrets, I would play it just as Project 2011.

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:05 pm

If anything they'd bump up the resolution and release it as a downloadable game on the Xbox and PlayStation.

To businessmen and shareholders, the Wii won this generation of consoles. But to gamers who play video games, it's the opposite. Of the 1200 games released for it only 20 are truly worth owning that aren't Nintendo franchises from 25 years ago.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Anonymous Friend

Post by Anonymous Friend » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:05 pm

If anything they'd bump up the resolution and release it as a downloadable game on the Xbox and PlayStation.

To businessmen and shareholders, the Wii won this generation of consoles. But to gamers who play video games, it's the opposite. Of the 1200 games released for it only 20 are truly worth owning that aren't Nintendo franchises from 25 years ago.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:45 am

This topic is misleading; it should be named "Dragon Ball (Kai) Heroes IDEAS: Console Version.