DBZ Budokai HD Collection: Official On-Going Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

DBZ Budokai HD Collection: Official On-Going Thread

Post by songohan619 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:47 pm

First, we got rumors about the Tenkaichi HD collection:

http://www.xtralife.es/xbox-360/dragon- ... ion2/11334
http://www.xtralife.es/playstation-3/dr ... tion/11333

But now, we have this:
ImageImage

Dimps is handling this collection
Trailer

PR:
DRAGON BALL Z BUDOKAI HD COLLECTION brings two classic fighting games to Playstation®3 and Xbox 360®

July 5, 2012

NAMCO BANDAI Games to release HD re-master of PlayStation®2 titles DRAGON BALL Z BUDOKAI and DRAGON BALL Z BUDOKAI 3 for PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360® this Winter

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe today announced the return of two of the finest Dragon Ball Z games in the history of the franchise. PlayStation®2 titles Dragon Ball Z Budokai and Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 are being enhanced and re-mastered in HD, and will be released together as Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in Europe this winter.

Originally released in 2002 and 2004 respectively, both games deliver highly charged, unforgettable gameplay experiences, making Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection an essential purchase for new Dragon Ball Z fans as well as those who want to relive the furious battles from the original games. With its intense gameplay and thrilling fight action, Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 went on to become the highest rated Dragon Ball Z title on Metacritic, a position it retains to this day.

With enhanced and re-mastered HD visuals, alongside full Trophy and Achievements support, Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection brings two legendary anime fighting titles to the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360® for the first time in one great package. No fan of the series can afford to miss it.

Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection will be powering its way into Europe this coming winter.

For more information on Dragon Ball video games from NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe please visit http://www.facebook.com/DBZ.videogames.
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 1 and Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 make their triumphant debut on next generation consoles in Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection. Remastered in high-definition with full trophy/achievement support, fans can relive these two great games or experience them for the first time in one special collection.

Features

BUDOKAI 1 FEATURES:

Face off with up to 23 mighty DBZ warriors!

60 moves per character including Kamehameha

Fierce fighting modes including Story, Duel & World Match

Follow the DBZ animated series from Saiyan Saga to Android saga!

Includes the authentic Japanese voiceover cast

BUDOKAI 3 FEATURES:

More than 40 characters from DBZ, DBZ movies & Dragon Ball GT

Customize your DBZ warrior & build the ultimate fighter

Saiyan Overdrive Fighting System brings the speed, cinematic attacks & combos, airborne acrobatics & intensity of the DBZ anime

Share character profile passwords for other players to use

Includes the authentic Japanese voiceover cast
Last edited by songohan619 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Possible HD collections??? (Read)

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 11, 2012 5:51 pm

No, you're right -- I didn't even bother to click the links. Sorry about that.

Still incredibly skeptical of this, though. The "Classics HD" thing does indeed look like PS3 covers (I'm specifically looking at European covers just for comparison), but that's Sony artwork -- to have that slapped onto an Xbox 360 cover is highly questionable.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri May 11, 2012 5:57 pm

36€ only, really? A game normally costs 60€.

But to be honest, I'm very disappointed seeing they revived the Sparking! series again instead of brining something totally new to the table, like Ultimate Blast was.

Sure the button combos for the attacks meant less controller-button-mashing but after a while it gets interesting and for a Dragon Ball Z to follow its story in 2D/3D it may've done better than the Sparking! or Raging Blast 1's title.

As for Dimps, their best game imo is Burst Limit, I love everything about it, I just wish they'd do Burst Limit 2.

The positive side note of this? The ultra-hyper-mega hardocre/die-hard fans will finally have the 'best' DBZ game on Xbox 360 and PS3. lol 'best' don't get me started... :lol:
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Vegeta1056
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1056 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:58 pm

I don't know. I wouldn't put it past them. Almost every series is getting at least one game with an HD Remake now a days so why not DBZ. Hell why not one of the worst DBZ games ever, that still manages to be better than Ultimate Tenkaichi. But again it could be fake. I mean look at the covers. They're fake. Look closely and you can tell they're cover scans from GameFaqs. If these covers were real then you'd think Namco Bandai would do a much better job with making them. I'm not gonna believe it until we got solid confirmation, possibly at E3.

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Fri May 11, 2012 6:08 pm

If this is real:
dbboxkaifan wrote:36€ only, really? A game normally costs 60€.
The DMC collection was $40 and so was the MGS collection.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri May 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Eh.... I'd buy it. If anything just to get back the controls I'm used to.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri May 11, 2012 6:53 pm

I'd rather they try to sort out the mess they have made with the games in the franchise instead of giving me stuff I've already played, except the graphics are a little less crappy this time around. I liked the cel shading from those games, but the models were horrid. Plus, I'll miss the new characters from Raging Blasts, the customization of attacks, etc. :(
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:24 pm

The Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi logo is super dirty, I'd think if it were real they'd have clean assets to use. More importantly though, as EX mentioned the 360 boxart uses the Classics HD branding, which is a Sony thing. I'd also think if it were real they'd have the titles of all of the games included, rather than just the first game's logo.

One last thing, though it doesn't necessarily mean anything, is that it's PAL boxart but uses the American cover for Budokai Tenkaichi.
Last edited by Taku128 on Fri May 11, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
­

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Fri May 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Nice.
If I bought this I would only play the 3rd one, really. Too bad it can't be Super DBZ, Budokai 3, and Budokai Tenkaichi 3 in one.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri May 11, 2012 9:19 pm

Love the idea of an HD collection but not with just the Spike games. Basically there is no reason to play BT1 or BT2 if you have BT3. That's just my opinion though. However, if this is real, I'd probably grab it just to have the game for my PS3. If at all possible it would be cool if a collection like this did like Budokai 3, BT3 and Super DBZ. Basically the best of the best with all the different styles.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri May 11, 2012 9:44 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:Love the idea of an HD collection but not with just the Spike games. Basically there is no reason to play BT1 or BT2 if you have BT3. That's just my opinion though. However, if this is real, I'd probably grab it just to have the game for my PS3. If at all possible it would be cool if a collection like this did like Budokai 3, BT3 and Super DBZ. Basically the best of the best with all the different styles.
BT2's got much better music and it's said the story mode on BT2's also a bit better than on the BT3.

160 characters doesn't automatically mean it's an awesome game if they all function the same way.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Fri May 11, 2012 9:52 pm

There is also the fact that they got rid of the stupid lock on feature. BT3 is just an all around completed version of what Spike was trying to do with those games. Not saying the other two suck, I'm just saying I'd only play the third one which is why I'd like to see a better collection then just all Tenkaichi games.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri May 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Agreed about BT2's better music. Also the items have less drawbacks so you can make some super cheap characters. :mrgreen:

I'd play both BT2 and BT3, for the sheer amount of fanservice in the characters, forms and stages. Also I missed the Red Potara characters. It'll be a shame going back to it and missing the cool features of RB2 though, like all the new attacks and being able to customise Supers.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri May 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Looks pretty legit., but what are they going to do about the first Sparking! since the US release used recycled pieces from the Budokai series, composed by You Know Who (every time his name is mentioned, a portion of the franchise dies :P )
As for buying this, I probably will since my PS2 is dying but I can't help but feel that the games are too similar to be sold in a trilogy.
Also, I'm kinda suspicious about the fact that it's coming out on the 360.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri May 11, 2012 10:26 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Looks pretty legit., but what are they going to do about the first Sparking! since the US release used recycled pieces from the Budokai series, composed by You Know Who (every time his name is mentioned, a portion of the franchise dies :P )
As for buying this, I probably will since my PS2 is dying but I can't help but feel that the games are too similar to be sold in a trilogy.
Also, I'm kinda suspicious about the fact that it's coming out on the 360.
You know, I thought about Sonic CD released on Xbox LIVE Arcade and PS3 Store and it featured the Japanese soundtrack and American soundtrack, if possible they definitely should do the same for the Budokai Tenkaichi games to be somewhat playable by listening to the original DBZ music.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Fri May 11, 2012 11:48 pm

If this is true though, I think the entire purpose would be shot to hell if they don't include a(n) (proper) online mode, and a decent amount of trophies/achievements.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat May 12, 2012 1:25 am

I wish it was the original Budokai series instead, but I guess this works.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat May 12, 2012 2:35 am

So if this is real are they actually upgrading the graphics or is it just a upscale on the resolution? And I agree with the should of been B3, SDBZ and BT3 crowd. Though I did actually like BT2 better it would be a little odd to put the 2nd BT instead of the 3rd, and I guess it would make more since to put IW instead of B3. But I say they just throw all the PS2 era DBZ games into one pack, I know that won't happen but it would be cool :)

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat May 12, 2012 3:53 am

If this really is real, I'll definitely buy it. I haven't played BT3 since like 06.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat May 12, 2012 11:00 am

dario03 wrote:So if this is real are they actually upgrading the graphics or is it just a upscale on the resolution? And I agree with the should of been B3, SDBZ and BT3 crowd. Though I did actually like BT2 better it would be a little odd to put the 2nd BT instead of the 3rd, and I guess it would make more since to put IW instead of B3. But I say they just throw all the PS2 era DBZ games into one pack, I know that won't happen but it would be cool :)
I'd assume upscaled graphics if this is real. The Sly Cooper Collection and (I think) Shadow/Ico and Silent Hill are the only games to get actual upgraded graphics. I wouldn't expect Namco-Bandai to throw money at remodeling old Dragonball games.

I'm guessing(well kinda hoping) it's fake because I really do feel it would make more sense(and money) if they decided to do a "best of each style" game. Budokai, Tenkaichi, Super DBZ; You'd get a nice classic HD collection that would appeal to all fans of the genre. Having just the Tenkaichi games feels like a missed opportunity really.

Another reason I think this is fake is because these collections are only really done for classic games of last gen; God of War; Jak and Daxter; Prince of Persia; They are also done to show revitalization in the franchises. For example God of War was done for GoW3; Ico/Shadow was done when The Last Guardian was announced; and Sly's collection was done for Sly 4.I wouldn't lump Dragonball with those franchises.