"DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Bandai planning to "conquer the world"?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:45 pm

I'm betting the game will be another game from Spike that is not a sequel to RB2 or UT. The game will end up getting bad reviews from fans and critics.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Spike Games wrote: Conception: Please Deliver My Child
Crimson Tears
Dangan Ronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
Dragon Ball Z: For Kinect
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
Elvandia Story
Escape from Bug Island (Necro-Nesia in Japan)
Fire Pro Wrestling
Michigan
King of Colosseum
King of Colosseum II
LifeSigns: Surgical Unit
Twilight Syndrome: Kinjiratera Toshi Densetsu
Shinjyuku no Ōkami
428: Fūsa Sareta Shibuya de (PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable ports)

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_%28company%29
Crimson Tears from Spike actually looks like a really good fighting game over their Tenkaichi and Raging Blast games.

A DBZ game with this sort of gameplay could be fun and and an enjoyable story mode whether for the actual series/manga or a new story.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:02 pm

InfernalVegito wrote:For everyone who can't access the page.

Fruit-Tsufru-Dr. Raichi-Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans 2: Plan to Conquer the World

My logic is flawless. :P

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:25 pm

So the schedule on screen covers March, April, May, and June... and that's all I can tell from that blurred screenshot. :P
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Well, shit. I got no idea.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:38 pm

I tried playing with this in photoshop(elements :cry: ) I didn't get very far but this might help a little bit...

It shows a calendar from March thru Summer.
Under March it looks like a lot of the word "Time line" which I'm assuming deals with Facebook(the Facebook Timeline) and there way of promoting things so far.

We're in April now and from the looks of it we are going to see what the cover art looks like or something later this month. I'm like 80% sure that's a 360 cover but I'll be damned if it's an exclusive. It also looks like we see some screen shots. Some of those look like Shenron with the green and brown(compare the colors to the one at the top of this page ^). That's about all I've got.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Right next to what I'm sure is an xbox 360 cover, I think I can make out "page promotion" (although that might be what you're saying is timeline) which would likely refer to their facebook page if I'm right.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:56 pm

You know, I'm actually genuinely excited. Maybe my hopes are a little too high but I'm expecting something good for this year.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:10 pm

SparkyPantsMcGee wrote:I tried playing with this in photoshop(elements :cry: ) I didn't get very far but this might help a little bit...

It shows a calendar from March thru Summer.
Under March it looks like a lot of the word "Time line" which I'm assuming deals with Facebook(the Facebook Timeline) and there way of promoting things so far.

We're in April now and from the looks of it we are going to see what the cover art looks like or something later this month. I'm like 80% sure that's a 360 cover but I'll be damned if it's an exclusive. It also looks like we see some screen shots. Some of those look like Shenron with the green and brown(compare the colors to the one at the top of this page ^). That's about all I've got.
For whatever reason, I'm seeing the word "Pig" under March. Don't you dare take away my dreams of playing as Oolong with this "Time line" nonsense!

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:40 pm

Funny, I thought it said "pie" at first. :lol:
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:57 pm

Is it possible that the new game could be Zenkai Battle Royal and/or that 3DS DBH game?
I expect SSG Son Goku to appear but I wonder if Funi will rename "God" to something else for whatever game this is.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:59 pm

I'm guessing this will be a whole new game from scratch (well, it'll probably run on an older engine, so technically no it won't be from scratch).

Anyway, has Zenkai even finished it's roster yet?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:10 am

Insertclevername wrote:I'm guessing this will be a whole new game from scratch (well, it'll probably run on an older engine, so technically no it won't be from scratch).

Anyway, has Zenkai even finished it's roster yet?
I doubt it, I think they'll be updating it as long as they can to maintain people's interest in it. I also think that we'll be getting a new title.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:12 am

I'm not sure if Zenkai is all rostered up. Although if Slapping Funi's dub to Zenkai would suffice. (By the time this game is released Zenkai should be released. If its brand new (ish) than I'm leaning toward UT2. Still hoping for Beer and SSG Goku.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:14 am

That picture actually has me very excited. I'm just curious besides the possible cover art we may see this month what else we are going to be seeing this month. I will take a guess here and say this game will come with BOG like RB2 came with Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans or whatever.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:25 am

BoG is still in theaters I doubt will get it anytime soon.
Is that Dragon Ball covering the game cover?

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:26 am

THEGOKU wrote:That picture actually has me very excited. I'm just curious besides the possible cover art we may see this month what else we are going to be seeing this month. I will take a guess here and say this game will come with BOG like RB2 came with Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans or whatever.
Not a snowball's chance in HFIL. BOG is a major anime film that's co-produced by a Hollywood studio. It will not be licensed as a bonus for some game. When/if BOG gets brought over it will be a major release (on home media, at least).

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:07 am

Eddie wrote: I'm like 80% sure that's a 360 cover
I thought of this but comparing to a normal Xbox 360 cover it doesn't seem right.

This (old) Xbox 360 cover has a bigger 360 icon and a green wave below it, whereas the one in NB's photo doesn't. Still, it's a possibility.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:09 am

Actually, it looks more like Windows game cover to me. All my games on PC have that stripe on the box.

But that one on the blurry image is somewhat curved.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:23 am

85,613. If the page carries on at this rate it could be at 86,000 by tomorrow. :)