"Budokai Tenkaichi" Warning (Re: Memory Cards)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The S
I Live Here

"Budokai Tenkaichi" Warning (Re: Memory Cards)

Post by The S » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:48 am

I obtained Budokai Tenkaichi yesterday, and last night, I decided to save it on the gray, 16 MB memory card that came with my brother's Action Replay MAX. All was fine and dandy, until I went to load it later that night... it said the file was corrupted. I checked the card in the PS2 browser, but the file was fine (because a PS2 memory card usually will display corrupted data as such). I copied the data over to my black Sony memory card, but it still would not load. I had to create an entire new save on my black card in order to continue.

I heard that Atari's Budokai 3 Greatest Hits version refuses to load from non-Sony memory cards as well. What is freakin' up with that?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll return to getting my ass kicked by Oozaru Vegeta... again...
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:02 am

Hit Square-Square-X when close to Oozaru Vegeta. And continue pressing it until you have 1 second left.

As for the memory card... I dunno. =/ It may just be your copy of the game, or the card itself.

Phred
Beyond Newbie

Post by Phred » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:40 am

Or you could blast him with Kamehamehas, he really is too big to dodge :/
Sometimes I like to try and beat up on him with Dragon Homing, but that doesn't even do much damage, at least it wastes time..
...such a hard battle, at least the ones after it are fun.

I dunno about memory cards... I usualy only use official ones when comes to stuff like that, they fit inside the game boxes

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:59 am

I use a third-party memory card made by Mad Catz but it's officially licensed with the PlayStation logo on it. I don't think anything Action Replay is licensed at all.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Re: Budokai Tenkaichi Warning (Regarding Memory Cards)

Post by lost in thought » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:41 pm

The S wrote:I obtained Budokai Tenkaichi yesterday, and last night, I decided to save it on the gray, 16 MB memory card that came with my brother's Action Replay MAX. All was fine and dandy, until I went to load it later that night... it said the file was corrupted. I checked the card in the PS2 browser, but the file was fine (because a PS2 memory card usually will display corrupted data as such). I copied the data over to my black Sony memory card, but it still would not load. I had to create an entire new save on my black card in order to continue.

I heard that Atari's Budokai 3 Greatest Hits version refuses to load from non-Sony memory cards as well. What is freakin' up with that?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll return to getting my ass kicked by Oozaru Vegeta... again...
Old news. Corrupts on most memory cards.
As far as B3 GH goes, I've never heard of it refusing to load, but it also suffers from card corruption as well.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:45 pm

Actually, the only loading/coruption issues with GH B3 came from one person, IIRC. So ya, it was just their card.

As for BT, all games have issues with non-offical memory cards. BT just does more than most. I've not had issues with my offical 8 meg card.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:40 pm

Thanks for the advice, but I already beat Oozaru Vegeta this morning. Just hammered him with a Kamehameha, flew away, and hit him again as he got close, over and over. It took about 10 tries today, which was way down from 27 yesterday.

But, see, I've never had problems with this Action Replay card, on anything. As a matter of fact, it works better than my three other Sony memory card, which, at times, will only read data if they aren't pushed in all the way (yes, it sounds weird, but that's what it does).

Oh, and did anybody else think Kaiou-sama's speech from the prologue of the Super 17 battle was hilarious? "...the bowels of HELL, or HFIL in some circles..." :lol:
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:22 am

The S wrote: Oh, and did anybody else think Kaiou-sama's speech from the prologue of the Super 17 battle was hilarious? "...the bowels of HELL, or HFIL in some circles..." :lol:
Haha, I remember that. I'm glad they finally stopped using HFIL. :lol:
They even had Vegeta say it. Something like "If I'm going to Hell, I'm taking you with me!"

BlaZin

Post by BlaZin » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:25 am

Slickmasterfunk wrote:I use a third-party memory card made by Mad Catz but it's officially licensed with the PlayStation logo on it. I don't think anything Action Replay is licensed at all.
Your right, I use a Mad Catz memory card for the Budokai 3 GH game I purchased not to long ago. Everything works, loads fine, you won't get a complaint out of me. Well except the false advertising predicament I'm sure everyone is already aware of.

ssj-tom

Post by ssj-tom » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:24 pm

My data went corrupted as well, and mine is an official memory card, good thing I gave a save file to my friend, so I got his save file but had to go through ultimate battle mode again. What is happening with the memory cards?
Goku: You seem to delight in seeing other people suffer, and you treat life like a disposable comodity. You destroy homes, you take the lives of innocent peace loving people, you even take the lives of children, and all of this for your own amusement or personal gain. Well, now it's your turn.

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:00 pm

I had this problem with an official memory card as well. It was with Tenkaichi too. I think it's to do with the change in save feature where the game no longer has an autosave function. I had to get used to that.