"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:35 pm

...Okay...anyone got any suggestions for how to get Bardock to freakin' stay alive long enough for me to even get to where Freeza comes out?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:37 pm

Yeah I've done the "Explosion of Namek" dozens of times over and spent hours grinding it to try and get the dragonballs. The Patrolman only shows in 1-of-5 fights, and didn't drop a single dragonball for me at all yesterday. Neither did any patrolman in PQ#2 nor even "Power X10" where you face Oozaru Vegeta. Even when all conditions are met and a patrolman does show up, still none of them will drop a single dragonball. I spent 5hrs last night just trying to get one Final Dragonball for my first set, and no luck whatsoever.

I think other people are just super-lucky to get so many in a single hours playthrough. That or they're hax! HAX!! *Sigh*

Anyway, since I'm on PS3 I can't take pics with the console. So I have to use my phone.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:08 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I doubt the "Frost Demon" thing is in the original Japanese version. It's probably just another nod to the fanbase, same as Taka's "Ghost Nappa" voice.

Anyway, I'm having significant trouble progressing through the story as a Freeza Clansmen. Really feeling the sting of not having the ability to Super Saiyan spam in certain dire situations, like me versus more than one character. The Mini-Buu thing is a particular pain in the arse that I can't seem to pass. Do I actually have to fight the Buus while waiting for Trunks to talk to them, or can I just run away like a coward? xD

Anyway, the Dragon Ball hunting stuff was being done to kill two birds with one stone: search for the orbs and level up my character. The ginyu method has been a real wonder though. Already at 6 orbs just since i bitched earlier. Though "Jonny" the Majin doesn't want to give up the seventh...
Have to wait for trunks to talk to them
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:09 pm

I already said I know you have to wait for Trunks, but can I just run away and wait for him to talk to them or is it triggered by fighting them and lowering their health?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:09 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I already said I know you have to wait for Trunks, but can I just run away and wait for him to talk to them or is it triggered by fighting them and lowering their health?
I think you have to fight them
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:17 pm

PC: I can't even get into the single lobby this morning... Just keeps throwing me back to the title screen!
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:38 pm

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:PC: I can't even get into the single lobby this morning... Just keeps throwing me back to the title screen!
I had that problem, too. So I just went into Windows Firewall and blocked outbound connections in Xenoverse and now I'm good to go for the time being.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:50 pm

Are the majority of PC players using a controller like a 360 one or just keyboard?

I have a hard time imagining myself playing a DBZ fighting game on keyboard but then again I've never played a fighting game using a keyboard.

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:53 pm

NitroEX wrote:Are the majority of PC players using a controller like a 360 one or just keyboard?

I have a hard time imagining myself playing a DBZ fighting game on keyboard but then again I've never played a fighting game using a keyboard.
Using a Logitech F-710 wireless controller. Basically just a 360 controller variant. I use it for all my PC games except for things like FPSs where I find mouse + keyboard more appropriate.

Fighting games on a mouse and keyboard would be atrocious.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:53 pm

Anyone else find the fact that these random no name Majins/Nameks, even HUMANS, are stronger than most of the Zsenshi by virtue of the fact they actually can fight suped up versions of incredibly strong z era dudes?

I like the random Namek I made, but I don't believe he could be stronger than Piccolo.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Super SaiyaJon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super SaiyaJon » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:54 pm

It's a miracle I haven't popped a blood vessel in rage! I'm about to go Super Saiyan I'm so angry. :evil:

But seriously, I can't for the life of me get a Z rank on PQ12. I'm doing all of the extra clear requirements, doing all the special things (defeat 5 enemies with supers, ultimate attack finish, combo of 20+) and I'm not even close (My best score is 300 lower than Z rank requirement)! What have I done wrong?
Kakacarrottop wrote: That's the problem with the "Dragon Ball" fanbase, it's too divided. There's "FUNimation fanboys", "Kai fanboys", "Ocean fanboys", "Japanese fanboys", we need to stop attacking each other and realize we're all fans of the same thing.
Saiga wrote:Gandalf: Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?

Goku: Yes, actually.

Gandalf: Oh. Neat.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Is it possible to co-op with another player offline? As in a second controller in the same physical room? I know how to verse, but can you coop missions or parallel quests together?
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:01 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:...Okay...anyone got any suggestions for how to get Bardock to freakin' stay alive long enough for me to even get to where Freeza comes out?
is it possible to use the objects that heal your team in that match?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:07 pm

NitroEX wrote:Are the majority of PC players using a controller like a 360 one or just keyboard?

Controller is preferable but I have friends who are using keyboard and mouse with no issues at all.

Their default controls are fairly intuitive and unlike many Japanese PC ports, the controls are rebindable so it's easy to find something that works for you.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Tsufuru wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:...Okay...anyone got any suggestions for how to get Bardock to freakin' stay alive long enough for me to even get to where Freeza comes out?
I haven't tried, but I don't think so. I know I had a team-healing item in another mission before, and while it healed the people I brought with me, it didn't heal the mandatory guy (in that case Freeza) that I had with me at all.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: St. Peters, MO - Currently applying for Residency at Hinata Apartments :)

Post by sumpter360 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:38 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Tsufuru wrote:
I haven't tried, but I don't think so. I know I had a team-healing item in another mission before, and while it healed the people I brought with me, it didn't heal the mandatory guy (in that case Freeza) that I had with me at all.
This! I had lots of trouble at first on the mission where you're in Ginyu's body and Gohan and Krillin have to survive while you defeat 20 enemies. But after hours of attempting to get the Materials to create the All-Energy whatever (the item that should heal yourself in addition to all teammates) and it doesn't even do what it claims! Pretty useless if you ask me.

EDIT: I would suggest simply leveling up a ton. The stronger you get, the more efficient you can be at killing the guys you need to. Quicker victory means less time for Bardock to take damage. It's a pain in the butt, though, since it can take a long time per level-up, and to only get 3 more attribute points per.
I am neither subbie nor dubbie, I am all that is good: I am a FANBOY!

PSN ID (on PS4): sumpter360
YouTube Account: TheDbG33K
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/dbG33K
Tumblr Blog: http://g33kout.tumblr.com

GogesusSSG
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GogesusSSG » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:48 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I already said I know you have to wait for Trunks, but can I just run away and wait for him to talk to them or is it triggered by fighting them and lowering their health?
I think the only buus you have to kill are the 3 regular ones at the start, when I did it, I only managed to kill 2 of the small buus and once Trunks started talking to Buu I flew around the map until he finished and the mission was cleared.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:53 pm

Hey, does anyone know if you still get a free Xenoverse theme when you buy the Season Pass from PSN?

I'm mainly interested in the PS3 version and I'm in EU.

There was a post on the Dragon Ball Z Video Games Facebook page about it, but it has since been removed for some reason...
Last edited by BobZ on Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:56 pm

Haseowolf wrote:Using a Logitech F-710 wireless controller. Basically just a 360 controller variant. I use it for all my PC games except for things like FPSs where I find mouse + keyboard more appropriate.
I've had my eye on that particular controller (as a possible companion to my 360 one or to replace it if need be), and I'm curious. Do most PC/Steam games just register and use it as easily as a 360 controller, or do you have to do anything special with it?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:59 pm

Kaboom wrote:
Haseowolf wrote:Using a Logitech F-710 wireless controller. Basically just a 360 controller variant. I use it for all my PC games except for things like FPSs where I find mouse + keyboard more appropriate.
I've had my eye on that particular controller (as a possible companion to my 360 one or to replace it if need be), and I'm curious. Do most PC/Steam games just register and use it as easily as a 360 controller, or do you have to do anything special with it?
They recognize it just like a 360 controller as, like a 360 controller, it's X-input, which is the PC controller standard now adays. Just plug in the bluetooth dongle, let the drivers install, and you're good. No need to set anything up. Just rock and roll. HIGHLY recommended. Plus I've had it for a year and had to charge my rechargeable AAs all of twice.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]