"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:16 pm

Just got the game! Hype AF!

As a bonus GameStop gave me Battle of Z and PSN card for 10$ PSN card.

Just created Son Goken :mrgreen:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:16 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Just got the game! Hype AF!

Looks like that BoZ is just gonna stand in the shelf and collect dust :lol:

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:18 pm

What month does the final DLC pack come out guys?
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Doctor. wrote:

Xenoverse is my actual all time favorite game, it hits everything I like in a game and more.
samuraix123 wrote:What month does the final DLC pack come out guys?
I don't think that information has legitimately been released.
Last edited by Careless Saiyajin on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Super SaiyaJon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super SaiyaJon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Naruto6583 wrote: I have not got the game yet so how is it?
It's amazing, definitely worth a buy! It's a very competent fighting game, especially by dragon ball standards, and the story mode is a breath of fresh air. Also, there's so much to do! You will definitely get your money's worth out of it. :thumbup:
Kakacarrottop wrote: That's the problem with the "Dragon Ball" fanbase, it's too divided. There's "FUNimation fanboys", "Kai fanboys", "Ocean fanboys", "Japanese fanboys", we need to stop attacking each other and realize we're all fans of the same thing.
Saiga wrote:Gandalf: Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?

Goku: Yes, actually.

Gandalf: Oh. Neat.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:19 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:Question, do they come in one wish? Or do I have to wish for the same thing twice?
One wish for each.
Got my work cut out for me... :problem:
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:26 pm

There's a website for these kinds of things. :thumbup:
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:28 pm

Super SaiyaJon wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote: I have not got the game yet so how is it?
It's amazing, definitely worth a buy! It's a very competent fighting game, especially by dragon ball standards, and the story mode is a breath of fresh air. Also, there's so much to do! You will definitely get your money's worth out of it. :thumbup:
Awesome! I'm in college at the moment so I can't devote my time to Xenoverse I plan to get it when I get a ps4 eventually
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:So, just noticed that I had the SSJ4 Vegeta download code in my box. I didn't pre-order or anything, so it looks like Gamestop messed up :D
SSJ4 Vegeta and the armor are part of the "Day One" copies of the game. They aren't necessarily Pre-Order exclusive.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Doctor. wrote:

I'll give it to my little brother.

"It's the newest DB game!"

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:35 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:So, just noticed that I had the SSJ4 Vegeta download code in my box. I didn't pre-order or anything, so it looks like Gamestop messed up :D
SSJ4 Vegeta and the armor are part of the "Day One" copies of the game. They aren't necessarily Pre-Order exclusive.
They are in Europe.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:37 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

I'll give it to my little brother.

"It's the newest DB game!"
Y-You monster...! I wouldn't wish BoZ upon my worst enemy :lol:

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:39 pm

Haseowolf wrote:
There's a website for these kinds of things. :thumbup:
I knew that the 1st pack was in March but I just never bothered seeing when the last one would get released and it looks as if it's still not confirmed so unless something changes I may just wait until it's all released because I still won't be done with the game :P
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:53 pm

Quebaz wrote:
Big Momma wrote:
They are in Europe.
and some of us pre-ordered, and still didnt get it...

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:56 pm

The way they've programmed the AI for harder difficulties on parallel quests is extremely questionable. I don't think I like how they've approached designing multiple opponent battles.

For example, undertaking a quest Goten gives you will lead you through a bunch of battles until you reach the Kaio world, where you face off against Goku and Gohan. They spend their entire time firing off Kamehameha ultras one after the other. It feels so incredibly cheap, and that's one of my biggest issues with how they handle difficulty in this game. I died once due to being hit by crisscrossed ultimates one after the other. Evasive moves can only do so much there.

It's not that I'm playing badly or that I find these battles hard, they just feel lazy and cheap, which really bothers me. I don't feel like I'm winning these battles with skill or by working out their patterns or moves, it feels like I'm mindlessly chipping away over a long period of time. That's not fun nor is it the type of thing that should be in a fighter.

I have similar feelings about the 3+ on 1 battles, too. Mechanically, it feels like the game doesn't really cater to its design. I can win with ease by volleying opponents around and making use of the invincibility frames but what other options do I have?

This game feels its best in 1v1 situations where your creative combos and movement, alongside your ability to crack your opponent's patterns, wins you the game.

Anyone else feel this way? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm having a lot of fun and it's not like I'm getting stuck, I just feel like there's probably a much better way they could have handled things. I'm just thinking about how Dark Souls handles multiple enemy difficulty. It's not a fighter, sure, but it has a much clearer idea on how best to handle multiple enemies on one person.

How did J-Stars tackle this?
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Super SaiyaJon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super SaiyaJon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:02 pm

I know how you feel. They love cramming Super Future Trunks into every mission and having him spam his ultimate. It's even worse when he's paired with Super Vegeta. How are people supposed to learn how to play correctly when the AI just spams supers?

It's one of my few problems with the game.

PS: I have reach a level beyond the average newbie!
Last edited by Super SaiyaJon on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kakacarrottop wrote: That's the problem with the "Dragon Ball" fanbase, it's too divided. There's "FUNimation fanboys", "Kai fanboys", "Ocean fanboys", "Japanese fanboys", we need to stop attacking each other and realize we're all fans of the same thing.
Saiga wrote:Gandalf: Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?

Goku: Yes, actually.

Gandalf: Oh. Neat.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:04 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:The way they've programmed the AI for harder difficulties on parallel quests is extremely questionable. I don't think I like how they've approached designing multiple opponent battles.

For example, undertaking a quest Goten gives you will lead you through a bunch of battles until you reach the Kaio world, where you face off against Goku and Gohan. They spend their entire time firing off Kamehameha ultras one after the other. It feels so incredibly cheap, and that's one of my biggest issues with how they handle difficulty in this game. I died once due to being hit by crisscrossed ultimates one after the other. Evasive moves can only do so much there.

It's not that I'm playing badly or that I find these battles hard, they just feel lazy and cheap, which really bothers me. I don't feel like I'm winning these battles with skill or by working out their patterns or moves, it feels like I'm mindlessly chipping away over a long period of time. That's not fun nor is it the type of thing that should be in a fighter.

I have similar feelings about the 3+ on 1 battles, too. Mechanically, it feels like the game doesn't really cater to its design. I can win with ease by volleying opponents around and making use of the invincibility frames but what other options do I have?

This game feels its best in 1v1 situations where your creative combos and movement, alongside your ability to crack your opponent's patterns, wins you the game.

Anyone else feel this way? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm having a lot of fun and it's not like I'm getting stuck, I just feel like there's probably a much better way they could have handled things. I'm just thinking about how Dark Souls handles multiple enemy difficulty. It's not a fighter, sure, but it has a much clearer idea on how best to handle multiple enemies on one person.

How did J-Stars tackle this?
I certainly agree with you, It really doesn't feel like you're winning because you deserved to, but rather by pure luck, instead of making the AI smarter/better, they just gave it infinite KI/Stamina, so basically you'll never get a full combo on these guys and you'll get spammed to death, I hate it so much.

I don't mind the team battles, but only when they're balanced, IE: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 because unlike BoZ, this game is pretty much a 1v1 Fighter masked by other people in the arena, which could work I guess, if not for the cheap AI.

IIRC, all of J-Stars battles were 2v2 in the Story Mode and I believe in the challenge mode as well and the game is basically designed around that so It's not much of a problem.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:11 pm

I agree as well! When I'm up against Piccolo,Vegeta,Trunks,Goku and Gohan, Gohan asked me to train them for the Cell games and against Goku and Gohan I felt it was near impossible because Goku some how kept spamming me with the Kamehameha and if I somehow broke away Gohan was right there to spam with the Ki blasts. I just gave up and went on to beat Cell lol
#1 Paikuhan fan!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:19 pm

supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:
You lucky :D
I waited Days for my codes to be emailed, the store was out of Day One editions :lol:
SS4 Vegeta is a Beast :twisted:
SSJ4 Vegeta kinda sucks as a partner. If he dies, his Z Soul revives him and slowly drains his health. If you heal him in anyway, his health will continually drain.
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Well, just started my Freeza race character. Here's Galcious.

I wanna take pics too, but I get lines and crap in the way when I take a picture. Is it cause I have an old TV, or my camera sucks?

Also your character would make a cooler form for Freeza, then what might be real.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:41 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:SSJ4 Vegeta kinda sucks as a partner. If he dies, his Z Soul revives him and slowly drains his health. If you heal him in anyway, his health will continually drain.
All of the characters in the game suck as partners. Whenever you have an A.I. on your team during 2v2 or 3v3 battles, they act dumb as shit. They just stand watch you get your ass kicked and barely make a dent in the enemy A.I. You're honestly better off fighting on your own.