"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by nato25 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:34 am

I really want Unlock Potential but this just isn't worth it. They made the grind ridiculously boring. I guess its fine while you still have moves to work towards unlocking, but why would anyone grind just for the sake of grinding. I remember getting from 80 to 85 was a bit of work but still fine. They bumped it WAAAYYYY too much, don't know what they were thinking.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:58 am

nato25 wrote:I really want Unlock Potential but this just isn't worth it. They made the grind ridiculously boring. I guess its fine while you still have moves to work towards unlocking, but why would anyone grind just for the sake of grinding. I remember getting from 80 to 85 was a bit of work but still fine. They bumped it WAAAYYYY too much, don't know what they were thinking.
Believe me when I say that grinding in Dragonball Online was so much worse at grinding than in Xenoverse. Maybe that's why I wasn't bothered by it? XD

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:28 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
nato25 wrote:I really want Unlock Potential but this just isn't worth it. They made the grind ridiculously boring. I guess its fine while you still have moves to work towards unlocking, but why would anyone grind just for the sake of grinding. I remember getting from 80 to 85 was a bit of work but still fine. They bumped it WAAAYYYY too much, don't know what they were thinking.
Believe me when I say that grinding in Dragonball Online was so much worse at grinding than in Xenoverse. Maybe that's why I wasn't bothered by it? XD
Yeah it was, but there was huge world for me to explore. In Xenoverse, you can only replay the same PQ's with no guarantee that you will get what you want and for free roaming, there is this small hub.
Also, Japanese players love grinding... here you go.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

dualist
Regular

Post by dualist » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:21 am

I didn't mind grinding as much in the open world on DBO either. This is just crazy. But I'll stick to just doing a little bit every night. I want to go back and work on getting all Z souls, clothing, and skills, but I don't want to do that until I at least get unlock potential, then I can go back with my other characters.

My goal is to eventually start battling online, but I want everything at my disposal first.

Hopefully Xenoverse 2 does a better job.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:14 am

Yeah, I'd still recommend Xenoverse for all its awesome ideas and stuff, but a sequel in which they polish all the little things that detracted from the experience would be welcome.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:10 pm

MCDaveG wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:
Yeah it was, but there was huge world for me to explore. In Xenoverse, you can only replay the same PQ's with no guarantee that you will get what you want and for free roaming, there is this small hub.
Also, Japanese players love grinding... here you go.
Funny thing about DBO is that it never got released in Japan, so maybe South Korean's like grinding too? XD Either way, level 47 to 55 in that game was a major pain. At least in Xenoverse you also get money and outfits when grinding. DBO's drop system was absolutely terrible so you couldn't get anything great. Even zeni drops were terrible. Really it was either "spam Time Machine Quest 4" or "grind until you go insane from grinding." At least with XV you can reach the level cap in less than a day's time or so if you dedicate all that time to spamming Oozaru Fest.

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:25 pm

I'm pretty slowpoke but I final got around to beating this game on PS4. Have to say it was the best DBZ game I've played in a long time so that was cool.

pros:
-interesting main story
-cool villains and new characters in the story
-Xenoverse Trunks cool outfit
-the whole OC creator thing was fun
-the characters and all the costumes
-how the costume changes did stuff instead of looking cool
-combat was cool/fun
-sensei guys that teach you moves was cool (Cell Senpai was best, dat dialog when getting Z rank on missions)
-the style of the graphics I liked them
-the finding dragon balls and making wishes was really cool idea
-for the most part English voice acting was pretty good.

cons:
-by the end of the game it was an utter grind fest
-I rarely played as other characters besides my OC guy, never saw a point it using some/most of the characters in mission mode.
-weird difficulty spikes one minute can do a mission by myself in less than 5 minutes next mission can't beat it with 2 side kicks and run out of time.
-Getting the skills/costumes you wanted. (can't tell how many tries it took me to get all the Great Saiyaman pieces)
-felt repetitive
-side kicks were either useless or kill stealers
-getting dragon balls and the making wishes was a real pain in the rear.
-trying to get to max Level is near impossible
-the Lack of a playable Roshi and Dragon ball related characters was unforgivable

side note:
-DLC was pretty good and it was decent in price
-sequel should totally have little side games.
-I missed the loading screen games.
---
I have to say Xenoverse is a great step forward for DBZ gaming world and I look forward to the next one. Can't wait to see what changes they make and balances they'll include? making more races and have other races have transformations like Saiyans would be a great start, also make it easier to unlock stuff.

-also: they better recast English voice of GT Goku...I hated it. GT Goku is my favorite version of Goku and I really like his gameplay style in Xeno. :? :( :cry: it It doesn't have to be Nadnoly, anyone would be better than Clinkenbeard. Don't get me wrong I love pretty much all her work but Kid Goku is the only one a truly don't like at all.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:51 pm

Agreed with NEARLY every point you made Ushabtis well said.

- Costumes being tied to stats. I want to dress my character how I like (which I still do), not be forced to use a certain look to max out my skill level.
- DLC being good and reasonably priced. It was obvious the story DLC was cut out from the main game and could have easily been included with the rest of it. Also some of the characters such as GT Trunks were essentially just a skin.

I really hope the sequel lets us do more with our created character. Let us at least choose an aura and a throw. I would love to see the ability to customise fighting styles either in a lot of detail with each combo hit or at the very least adapt another fighters style completely. Separate accessories into head/face/back or something like that so we can have a scouter and a halo for example.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:54 pm

The Resurrection 'F' was a disappointment though, was it not? Only 4 new characters, no new costumes for the other characters, few PQs, no story missions, no interactions between the new characters and the old ones.

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:33 am

I agree ROF DLC was underwhelming. I mean I bought it day one and i was slightly disappointed. but i really loved Jaco, he was a lot of fun to use. Kinda wished he had 4 moves instead of 3 though.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:54 am

Ushabtis, thanks for that nice summary of XV. I would like to know whether Kanzenshuu will be releasing a full-blown review of this game. I really like how they review the games (even though i own most of the games, i still enjoy reading what reviewers say :) )
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:40 am

I'd like to. It's just so damn hard to set aside time for reviewing things when other more-pressing things are going on (namely, uhh, Super :P).

I did START writing a review, for what it's worth...

And while I've skimmed a lot of the posts here recently, I'd love to get some concise answers to one particular question: for those of you still playing the game, what exactly are you DOING in the game these days?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:46 am

VegettoEX wrote:I'd like to. It's just so damn hard to set aside time for reviewing things when other more-pressing things are going on (namely, uhh, Super :P).

And while I've skimmed a lot of the posts here recently, I'd love to get some concise answers to one particular question: for those of you still playing the game, what exactly are you DOING in the game these days?
Well I beat the story long ago, so now I'm just finishing up the remaining masters (only have the DLC ones left), grinding for skills/DBs and trying to get to lvl99. It's pretty boring so I don't play as much as I used to though

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:54 am

I'm usually doing two things when I'm playing the game now.

The first one is fighting against the infamous RNG system to unlock certain abilities and costumes in the Parallel Quests.

The second one though is something I do when I'm extremely bored. The PS4 allows for music to be played from a USB and it can play as background music while playing a game. So I get some music that were present during some iconic Dragon Ball fights and I play them in the background as I try to recreate a battle in the verses mode. It actually makes fights a lot of fun.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:32 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Funny thing about DBO is that it never got released in Japan, so maybe South Korean's like grinding too? XD Either way, level 47 to 55 in that game was a major pain. At least in Xenoverse you also get money and outfits when grinding. DBO's drop system was absolutely terrible so you couldn't get anything great. Even zeni drops were terrible. Really it was either "spam Time Machine Quest 4" or "grind until you go insane from grinding." At least with XV you can reach the level cap in less than a day's time or so if you dedicate all that time to spamming Oozaru Fest.
Yeah, I know it's Korean. Anime and manga is popular there a lot.
I know about the Japanese a lot info that I am sure about and can back up by the study materials of my partner and books we have in library, but I've heard that Asians have pretty much simmilar habbits and mindsets in the broad core.
As they are influencing each other culturaly since ancient times. I think that Koreans do love grindfest, tough I can't be sure. Hell, even we are influenced by the games! Final Fantasy is helluva grindfest for example
and I know and knew tons of people, who literally enjoy grinding for the sake of items and high levels and don't care fighting some small enemies for 1000000th time. My friend was going around bushes in Pokémon, to train his Pokémon so he will beat the League Four on first try with one blast and without potions.... He did that for half a year, lol.
But it is not up to my tastes. Only game I really ever grinded trough was Final Fantasy VII and still I didn't beat Sephiroth... On the other hand, I flied trough Final Fantasy IV for around 15-16 hours and beat the final boss whom is supposedly hardest in all the series without any trouble tough it was the longest fight in my life. But usually, I simply stop playing games which are redundant and with Xenoverse, which isn't rewarding at all, I already did toss this game aside...
Sorry for off-topic.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:26 pm

VegettoEX wrote: And while I've skimmed a lot of the posts here recently, I'd love to get some concise answers to one particular question: for those of you still playing the game, what exactly are you DOING in the game these days?
Pretty much just stand outside the World Tournament booth waiting for them to open it up. :P

Nah, I hope on once every other week and binge on some PQ's. I still have a lot of items to unlock. I've barely touched player matches, though. So I'm probably going to hop on that.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:01 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I'd like to. It's just so damn hard to set aside time for reviewing things when other more-pressing things are going on (namely, uhh, Super :P).

Yeah DB Super :D :D Got me watching Subbed Anime....
I'm mostly trying to get to Level 99 and the Platinum Trophy. Good to know that you have started writing the review.
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:02 pm

Big Momma wrote: Nah, I hope on once every other week and binge on some PQ's. I still have a lot of items to unlock. I've barely touched player matches, though. So I'm probably going to hop on that.
Tell me, you're on PSN or XBL?

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:05 pm

I still play online matches from time to time but I'm mostly on J-stars now.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

godku23
Beyond Newbie

Post by godku23 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:07 pm

What I've been doing is playing ranked matches to get a feel of how the world tournament will play out and to get good strategies for spammers as a melee earthling. It's been going pretty okay.
<(-_-<) (>-_-)> Fu...

^(-_-^) (^-_-)^ sion...

(>-_-)> <(-_-<) HA

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27729&start=15600#p886966