"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyajinGokuWarrior
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by SaiyajinGokuWarrior » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:51 pm

Guess what?

I created based on Homestuck's Main character, John Egbert!

Also i made him most simliar as possible.

So, Here he is! John Egbert!

P.S: I am on PS3.
Just chillin' with Goku and Vegeta, Kairi, Riku, Mickey, Goofy, and of course Donald Fuckin' Duck.

And swingin' this keyblade called Crystal Snow. Damn, even its own keyblade transformation beats out Krillin's speed. BTW, Blizzard Blades are Goku fast.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:01 am

Emperor's Death Beam with Super Vegeta 2 just destroys everything. I might wanna change Z souls depending on how "Might as well" was effected. Any suggestions?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:12 am

dbzfan7 wrote:Emperor's Death Beam with Super Vegeta 2 just destroys everything. I might wanna change Z souls depending on how "Might as well" was effected. Any suggestions?
This. I did a parallel quest with some dude who used both of those in succession and wrecked everything. Literally sat back and watched... as Golden Freeza ironically.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:17 am

How do I get all the basic rewards from each PQ? Do they drop by chance? Does the rank I get, or if I get Ultimate Finish, have anything to do with them?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:21 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:How do I get all the basic rewards from each PQ? Do they drop by chance? Does the rank I get, or if I get Ultimate Finish, have anything to do with them?
Some are randomly-generated, some are triggered by specific actions in the PQ. I think.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:07 am

I noticed a couple of fishy things with the SSJ forms after the patch, so I'm going to run some tests to see if there have been any changes. Will report my findings once I'm done.
dbzfan7 wrote:Emperor's Death Beam with Super Vegeta 2 just destroys everything. I might wanna change Z souls depending on how "Might as well" was effected. Any suggestions?
You might check if its ki regen is still there. If not, than Golden Freeza's Z-Soul is pretty good. Has good auto-regen and it boosts your stats as well as give you health recovery when your health hits 50%. The effect also doesn't deactivate when you go above 50% health.

Also, apparently SSGSS Vegeta's Z-Soul knocks ki to 0 and keeps it from rising for a short time. Don't know if it bypasses "You can be the first victim," but if it does goodbye spammers. I'm wondering if SSGSS Goku's Z-Soul does the same thing for Stamina. If it does...

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:11 pm

Well I am finding Elder Kai's 1st Z-Soul to be rather worthless. "Hmm Hmmm Hmmm!" only activates its boons 2:45 into the match/pq. It's decent for dealing with PQ's that take a long time to complete. But is absolutely useless for PVP. Matches tend to barely last 30sec, maybe a full minute if you're good. Anything over that and it's just not feasible. So, Elder Kai's 1st Z-Soul is pretty much garbage. Hopefully the rest of what he has to offer is better.

And I agree, Emperor's Death Beam is quite insane. It was effective even on a toon not specced into Ki Blast Supers. Once I stick it on a Saiyan with Blast Supers it's gonna go be grievously OP.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:31 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
You might check if its ki regen is still there. If not, than Golden Freeza's Z-Soul is pretty good. Has good auto-regen and it boosts your stats as well as give you health recovery when your health hits 50%. The effect also doesn't deactivate when you go above 50% health.

I have his Z soul...but I never noticed the ki regen. I just sat around and it looked like it was barely moving.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:59 pm

As much as I DESPISE those unoriginal Blueper Saiyans and Golden Freeza form, they're attacks and auras are freaking cool.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:25 pm

The beginning of the game with Gine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTsq_1YskBs
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:29 pm

Elder Kaioshin's training is going to take forever. After playing for a while now with a 99% S or Z rank average on missions, his mentor meter has still only moved like a pixel. Normally the other mentors would at least be close to the second quest by now.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:32 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Elder Kaioshin's training is going to take forever. After playing for a while now with a 99% S or Z rank average on missions, his mentor meter has still only moved like a pixel. Normally the other mentors would at least be close to the second quest by now.
It took me a while to see any change, but once I did I got to the second quest soon after. It was weird.

Also Old Kaioshin's "best luck" is great.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:40 pm

Speaking of Elder Kaioshin's luck raising RNG schtick, I just had the best Xenoverse quest experience...

I still needed Super Gyarick Gun and Warp Kamehameha, so when I got the fortune response from him, I decided it was time to attempt the Eternal Rivals quest again. So I entered a room and we started the match. Everything went smooth until Gogeta showed up, and he kinda did some damage since he doesn't really take knockbacks. We managed to defeat him with teamwork and an item or two though. The SSGSS duo wrecked us...

It got down to the point where there was only one of us alive at any given time, struggling to survive while we revived each other. One of the guys managed to use his escape move and blow the SSGSS duo away and revive the third teammate, and then he came to revive me. I acted as a decoy and drew Goku and Vegeta away, and all three of us were back up. Goku only had a couple of hits worth of damage left, so I flew into both of them. I managed to kill him before Vegeta was able to attack me from behind, but by that point, my teammates were back. We just kept taking turns firing ultimates at him (half of which he blocked). We were down to the last 30 seconds with him having half his last meter left. Vegeta's yelling about how impossible this is while Guy A charges him with the Broli dash blast move. Once it's over, I launch him with Nappa's explosion move and then Guy B catches him in the air with Emperor's Death Beam right before the clock runs out. xD

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:45 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Speaking of Elder Kaioshin's luck raising RNG schtick, I just had the best Xenoverse quest experience...

I still needed Super Gyarick Gun and Warp Kamehameha, so when I got the fortune response from him, I decided it was time to attempt the Eternal Rivals quest again. So I entered a room and we started the match. Everything went smooth until Gogeta showed up, and he kinda did some damage since he doesn't really take knockbacks. We managed to defeat him with teamwork and an item or two though. The SSGSS duo wrecked us...

It got down to the point where there was only one of us alive at any given time, struggling to survive while we revived each other. One of the guys managed to use his escape move and blow the SSGSS duo away and revive the third teammate, and then he came to revive me. I acted as a decoy and drew Goku and Vegeta away, and all three of us were back up. Goku only had a couple of hits worth of damage left, so I flew into both of them. I managed to kill him before Vegeta was able to attack me from behind, but by that point, my teammates were back. We just kept taking turns firing ultimates at him (half of which he blocked). We were down to the last 30 seconds with him having half his last meter left. Vegeta's yelling about how impossible this is while Guy A charges him with the Broli dash blast move. Once it's over, I launch him with Nappa's explosion move and then Guy B catches him in the air with Emperor's Death Beam right before the clock runs out. xD
I'm about to hit level 82 so if you need help grinding let me in on it. Both my basic attack and melee supers are nearly maxed.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:10 pm

Wait so Warp Kame, Super Galick Gun, and Emperor Death Beam weren't automatically given to you TheDevilCorpse? That's odd. I got them as soon as I got in game after getting the patch and DLC installed.

Anyway, I'm terribly disappointed with Warp Kamehameha and Super Galick Gun. The former doesn't do a lot of damage and its hitbox is a bit iffy (doesn't do damage to opponent's who are right next to you apparently) while the latter takes way too long to charge for the extra damage, which in hindsight sucks nonetheless. It saddens me particularly for Warp Kamehameha because that has been a favorite skill of mine since Budokai 2.

Also, SSGSS Goku and Vegeta's Z-Souls are definitely going to cause some rage hate due to their effects. Goku's greatly decreases your opponent's Stamina while Vegeta's makes your opponent's ki hit 0 and prevents it from rising for a short time (it might also counter "You Can Be The First Victim).
dbzfan7 wrote:I have his Z soul...but I never noticed the ki regen. I just sat around and it looked like it was barely moving.
Yeah it has auto regen as it says in the description, and it's much better at making transformations last longer than other auto regen Z-Souls. Even if it isn't, you'll definitely notice the stat boost once it activates once your health hits 50%. The health recovery sucks though, but that's a given.

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Has anyone noticed stuttering as of late, it's gotten pretty bad...
The only thing I've done recently to my PC is upgrade my GPU to a Titan-X but I hardly doubt that's the problem as it ran fine after the upgrade. I haven't played the game since April though but still, it seems this has been common since the last update.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:10 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:I have his Z soul...but I never noticed the ki regen. I just sat around and it looked like it was barely moving.
Yeah it has auto regen as it says in the description, and it's much better at making transformations last longer than other auto regen Z-Souls. Even if it isn't, you'll definitely notice the stat boost once it activates once your health hits 50%. The health recovery sucks though, but that's a given.
So it only works once I hit 50 percent health? Cause I remember just moving around to test how fast the regain is...and it was ball busting slow.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:13 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Wait so Warp Kame, Super Galick Gun, and Emperor Death Beam weren't automatically given to you TheDevilCorpse? That's odd. I got them as soon as I got in game after getting the patch and DLC installed.
No. The only content from Pack 3 that I haven't had to work for is the characters themselves and the Roshi gear. I've had to get all the clothing, the attacks, the Z-Souls, etc as per the usual. With Warp Kamehameha, Unlock Potential and any other Z-Souls that Elder Kaioshin might offer beyond the second master quest (the Time Patroller one) still currently escaping my grasp.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:10 am

Unlocked Potential is broken when used on the Earthling race. When you take into consideration the constant ki recovery ability that the earthlings have, this results in canceling out the slow ki draining effect that Unlock Potential has. So the transformation/power up is effectively infinite on earthlings. This has officially made the Saiyan race, along with practically every other race in the game, worthless in comparison. Man, they really need to nerf the Earthling race, if not now, then definitely in Xenoverse 2.

Also, Unlock Potential + "Guess we have to fusion into Vegito" Z-Soul gives a pretty big stat boost.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Unlocked Potential is broken when used on the Earthling race. When you take into consideration the constant ki recovery ability that the earthlings have, this results in canceling out the slow ki draining effect that that Unlock Potential has. So transformation/power up it is effectively infinite on earthlings. This has officially made the Saiyan race, along with practically every other race in the game, worthless in comparison. Man, they really need nerf the Earthling race, if not now, then definitely in Xenoverse 2.

Also, Unlock Potential + "Guess we have to fusion into Vegito" Z-Soul gives a pretty big stat boost.
This is what I have been bitching about the entire time. They go ahead and make balancing changes (which are mostly questionable I might add) to skills and Z-Souls, and yet they have never bothered to work on the races despite knowing how broken some of them are. Making Unlock Potential the way it is just made Earthlings into game breakers now, which is flat out stupid. Either they need to rebalance races (Saiyans and Female Majins really need to be buffed) or not make the same mistake in Xenoverse 2. Wish I could get direct contact with them so I can at least rant about it. Might not get their attention, but at least it would let off some steam.