Most overpowered videogame DBZ character of all time

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Most overpowered videogame DBZ character of all time

Post by GS7X7 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:48 pm

So... who's the most overpowered DBZ videogame character of all time?

I recall Cell being pretty god-like in Budokai 1, (typo, NOT Budokai 2!) though admittedly I haven't played too many DBZ games.

What's your pick?
Last edited by GS7X7 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Schemmel is THE MAN! :)

Me- "Also, before anyone mentions it, Schemmel's interview was from nearly 15 years ago. He paid a brief visit to Kanzenshuu's forums a few years back and earned legendary respect that cancels out anything he said from that long ago. :D"

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Re: Most overpowered videogame DBZ character of all time

Post by InfernalVegito » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:24 pm

Cell's power weighted form in B1. That fight annoyed the hell out of me.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Kid Buu. Always and forever, in every game. Little runt is just too fast.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:39 pm

Doctor. wrote:Kid Buu. Always and forever, in every game. Little runt is just too fast.
This. Some games seem to nerf him more than others, but in general he's still almost always insanely fast and hits insanely hard. I mean, to be fair, this is the final form of Boo we're talking about, and it fits with his manic style, but...
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:59 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Kid Buu. Always and forever, in every game. Little runt is just too fast.
This. Some games seem to nerf him more than others, but in general he's still almost always insanely fast and hits insanely hard. I mean, to be fair, this is the final form of Boo we're talking about, and it fits with his manic style, but...
Plus he IS the final boss of the DBZ series, and he's tiny and hard to hit.

Me- "Also, before anyone mentions it, Schemmel's interview was from nearly 15 years ago. He paid a brief visit to Kanzenshuu's forums a few years back and earned legendary respect that cancels out anything he said from that long ago. :D"

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:36 am

Each series has quite a few OP characters, but I think Kid Buu's consistently been the worst.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:03 am

Guess it's settled. Kid Buu... it didn't really occur to me until I realized how high his baseline Ki was, how fast he moved and and how long his combos were in Budokai 3/IW. Tenkaichi - Raging Blast was a similar issue, but more-so his speed than anything else.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:55 am

I guess it makes sense that it had to be Kid Buu! He comes at the very end so he's got to be absolutely god-like and annoying compared to everything that came before.

Sure, Cell was a god-monster in Budokai 1 (note- unlike Kid Buu he's not a tiny, hard-to-hit shrimp) but that's only because he was the big bad guy standing between you and winning the game.

Btw, are characters like Bills and Gin or Omega Shenron ever made out to be god-like? Never fought them in any games.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:06 am

I was playing Budokai 3 tonight, and once I unlocked Super Saiyan 4 for Goku, I was able to blast through Storymode in 3-5 shot KO's. I'd imagine SS4 Gogeta to be even more insane than that.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:13 am

Oh true. SS4 Gogeta in Budokai 3, IW is insanely powerful. Even with a short time meter, Gogeta can kill someone in no time. A regular Big Bang Kamehameha takes almost 2 full gauges of health.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Shnuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shnuki » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:27 am

GS7X7 wrote:Btw, are characters like Bills and Gin or Omega Shenron ever made out to be god-like? Never fought them in any games.
I don't know about the first two (I don't even know who Gin is suppossed to be - Whis, perhaps?), but to me, Omega Shenron is the toughest enemy to beat in Budokai 3. Not so much in any other games, though.

While Kid Buu may not be always the most overpowered, he's always a top tier character.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:30 am

Oh yeah, I forgot about how broken SS4 Gogeta usually is too, at least in the Tenkaichi games where there is no time limit for him. His speed isn't quite as overbearing as Kid Boo's, but his sheer level of attack power is insane. At least in Budokai 3, you got to spend so little time as him that it balanced out some I suppose.

Thinking about it too, Budokai 3 had a pretty good handle on young Oob (and I really wish he'd appear in a game again). He wasn't a super strong character, but in the right hands, he could be pretty lethal. My girlfriend in particular was able to kick major butt with the character. It really fit the whole potential of the character nicely, how they had him working in that one.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:21 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Thinking about it too, Budokai 3 had a pretty good handle on young Oob (and I really wish he'd appear in a game again). He wasn't a super strong character, but in the right hands, he could be pretty lethal. My girlfriend in particular was able to kick major butt with the character. It really fit the whole potential of the character nicely, how they had him working in that one.
Oob is actually one of my mains in B3, and I completely agree. Although he can't shoot normal Ki blasts, his "Ki Cannon" packs a big punch (Even if it's pretty spammable) and he's also really quick/nimble.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:27 am

Kid Buu in Tenkaichi 2's story mode. The little creep spams that damned Mystic Ball attack all the time.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Mr. Satan in Legacy of Goku II. That stun attack.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Dont remember much from Budokai 1 but kid Buu from Budokai 2&3 and Omega Shenron from IW man was that hard.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:19 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Mr. Satan in Legacy of Goku II. That stun attack.
So where's the best place in the game to farm XP?

I never could make myself level 50 everyone, though it was an awesomely fun game. :)

Speaking of which, imo, it gets easy sometime after you unlock Super Saiyan/Namek and can spam that on bosses along with senzu. If I play it again I may try foregoing that strategy.

GS7X7
Advanced Regular

Post by GS7X7 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:20 pm

Shnuki wrote:
GS7X7 wrote:Btw, are characters like Bills and Gin or Omega Shenron ever made out to be god-like? Never fought them in any games.
I don't know about the first two (I don't even know who Gin is suppossed to be - Whis, perhaps?), but to me, Omega Shenron is the toughest enemy to beat in Budokai 3. Not so much in any other games, though.

While Kid Buu may not be always the most overpowered, he's always a top tier character.
Oh yeah, I meant Whis- got his "alcohol name" mixed up. :P

So.... how strong are those 2 in the game/s anyway? Technically they should completely dwarf Kid Buu even if there's never been a massive epic grand finale with them like Kid Buu had.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:28 pm

GS7X7 wrote:
Sort of off-topic, but I always went to the section where you first look for Gero (Northern Mountains?) and go past the other character's Level 50 gate. The dinosaurs there are easy to take out even with Mr. Satan, especially with the freeze so you can focus on just one.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:42 pm

bkev wrote:
GS7X7 wrote:
Sort of off-topic, but I always went to the section where you first look for Gero (Northern Mountains?) and go past the other character's Level 50 gate. The dinosaurs there are easy to take out even with Mr. Satan, especially with the freeze so you can focus on just one.
Yeah, that's the best place I found. And after getting someone to level 50, I would take the others to their gate, just to lessen the tedium.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"