"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:09 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Vegeta, Piccolo, Eis, Nuova, etc. all have teeny-tiny pupils.
Gohan (Teen) doesn't have a base form.
Gogeta is stuck at Super Saiyan 4 rather than SSJ(2?).

These and others gotta be adjusted.
I wish they'd let you do something about the facial expressions on CaC mode, because its weird how the characters just stare into nothingness all the time.
Then theres the fact that facial feature toggling is a must, because of how big some of the eyes can be. At that, I want them to ad at least a body scale because I really hate how tiny and skinny the female characters are set as.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:15 pm

Give our CaC's some actual dialogue, as well, instead of just remaining silent. Similar to the characters from SWTOR (for those who are familiar).

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:27 pm

And maybe thickness could not be treated as stretchiness? Also, some clothes like Pan's are kind of inaccurate on customs. Trying to recreate Pan just makes her older than she should be, and the face doesn't look too similar.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

MatrixChap
Beyond Newbie

Post by MatrixChap » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:43 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:At that, I want them to ad at least a body scale because I really hate how tiny and skinny the female characters are set as.
I have a character named Ames, she's an earthling and as tall as it lets you, but she's quite shorter than I'd like. :roll:

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:55 pm

MatrixChap wrote:
SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:At that, I want them to ad at least a body scale because I really hate how tiny and skinny the female characters are set as.
I have a character named Ames, she's an earthling and as tall as it lets you, but she's quite shorter than I'd like. :roll:
I third this, but I could get why they wouldn't want a body scale for females. Could get a little out of hand like other games...

[spoiler]Soul Calibur CaC and their crazy bust sizes. No complaints. :problem:[/spoiler]
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:00 am

soppa saia people wrote:Can't believe I haven't said this yet, but I really hope this game starts at the beginning of the series, GAH.
If a certain Freeza Race Time Patroller didn't already take care of that era, we probably would.
ryou766 wrote:Give our CaC's some actual dialogue, as well, instead of just remaining silent. Similar to the characters from SWTOR (for those who are familiar).
I think the problem with that is you'd basically be recording loads of lines for each voice actor (which is what 10 for males/Namekians/Freeza Clan and 10 for females?), which could take up a lot of space if the game also offers Japanese voice over selection like in XV.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:45 am

BlazingBarrrager wrote:
soppa saia people wrote:Can't believe I haven't said this yet, but I really hope this game starts at the beginning of the series, GAH.
If a certain Freeza Race Time Patroller didn't already take care of that era, we probably would.
ryou766 wrote:Give our CaC's some actual dialogue, as well, instead of just remaining silent. Similar to the characters from SWTOR (for those who are familiar).
I think the problem with that is you'd basically be recording loads of lines for each voice actor (which is what 10 for males/Namekians/Freeza Clan and 10 for females?), which could take up a lot of space if the game also offers Japanese voice over selection like in XV.
Doesn't have to be full lines such as Trunks or Supreme Kai of Time, or even Goku. But if someone talks to your CaC you should at least respond verbally. Even to the extent of Ultimate Tenkaichi would be good in my book

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:24 am

I'm thinking at the very least what your character is wearing at the time of transfer will carry over (hopefully). I'm pretty sure every clothing item in 1 will be in 2 maybe with the exception of the special DLC items but hopefully those to.

I just want my character to be wearing something epic when he comes over to 2. Like if he is wearing Supreme Kai clothes I can pretend he trained under him or something during his time off, even though at that point he probably wouldn't have much left to teach.

My real problem at the moment is the grind in levels. There is an event going on that I think gives 1/3rd extra XP and it is not helping in the slightest. Unless you do the very last mission the XP is ridiculously minimal.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:59 am

In that case, my character is going to be wearing her Time Patroller outfit when I transfer her.
MyAnimeList | AniList

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:14 pm

nato25 wrote:I'm thinking at the very least what your character is wearing at the time of transfer will carry over (hopefully). I'm pretty sure every clothing item in 1 will be in 2 maybe with the exception of the special DLC items but hopefully those to.

I just want my character to be wearing something epic when he comes over to 2. Like if he is wearing Supreme Kai clothes I can pretend he trained under him or something during his time off, even though at that point he probably wouldn't have much left to teach.

My real problem at the moment is the grind in levels. There is an event going on that I think gives 1/3rd extra XP and it is not helping in the slightest. Unless you do the very last mission the XP is ridiculously minimal.
Damn, Kaioshin clothes are the only outfit I desperately need and it is one of the few battles, that I can't finish and so I gain nothing, as Cell always dies few seconds after stepping in :roll:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:15 pm

Yeah, I know. They way underpowered him.

But this is for Xenoverse 2, not the first. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:27 pm

The brothers ensuring they are the strongest beings in the Universe! (if only they know there are 12).

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:29 pm

Is that... is that 50% Frieza?! OH! OHHH! Eeehhh, probably not. :(
MyAnimeList | AniList

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:45 pm

I hope we can choose the transformations for the characters to avoid having too many clones. Like able to have Goku go Base>SSj>SSjG>SSjB or go Base>SSj>SSj2>SSj3. Or even Base>SSj>SSj3>SSjB.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:53 pm

I wrote a while back in this thread:
I would like the ability to transform into Super Saiyan God, SSGSS, and SS4, instead of having
  • Goku
    Goku (Super Saiyan God)
    Goku (Super Saiyan 4)
    SSGSS Goku
But having Goku (GT) isn't bad, cause another costume would be weird...
MyAnimeList | AniList

MatrixChap
Beyond Newbie

Post by MatrixChap » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:57 pm

I'd like a Tenkaichi style transformation system where you can jump right to SSJ2 or 3.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Is that... is that 50% Frieza?! OH! OHHH! Eeehhh, probably not. :(
I don't see any veins on his body, so it could be 50% Freeza.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:13 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Is that... is that 50% Frieza?! OH! OHHH! Eeehhh, probably not. :(
I just noticed the shading makes his left (our right) leg a face... :wtf:

Sorry, I notice dumb things like that sometimes. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:16 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
I just noticed the shading makes his left (our right) leg a face... :wtf:

Sorry, I notice dumb things like that sometimes. :P
I believe Freeza's left leg is in the new Pokemon game lol.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:04 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:I believe Freeza's left leg is in the new Pokemon game lol.
And it can evolve into a Golden Form, and with it, gains a new killer secret technique called "Sorbet Ex Machina Ring".