"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:18 pm

Ok here's my character Emperor Furnace

[spoiler]Base and Golden

http://orig13.deviantart.net/ad6d/f/201 ... amvoi2.jpg

http://orig03.deviantart.net/e110/f/201 ... amvojg.jpg

http://img15.deviantart.net/cbec/i/2016 ... amvokb.jpg

http://img12.deviantart.net/00aa/i/2016 ... amvol0.jpg

Was gonna go Namekian but once again the Frieza race tempted me to the dark side.[/spoiler]

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:18 pm

Didn't they say once the game releases, they'll release something so that all fans can give in ideas or something? I remember this in one of the live stream interviews.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:22 pm

ryou766 wrote:Didn't they say once the game releases, they'll release something so that all fans can give in ideas or something? I remember this in one of the live stream interviews.
I've got an idea...give us bloody Demigra! After we get the Universe 6 and Goku Black arc's done though.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:27 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
ryou766 wrote:Didn't they say once the game releases, they'll release something so that all fans can give in ideas or something? I remember this in one of the live stream interviews.
I've got an idea...give us bloody Demigra! After we get the Universe 6 and Goku Black arc's done though.
I was surprised that we didn't get him in the first game.

There's possibly two things I want -- Tails for Saiyans (option during customization, not item) and Black's outfit (fucking awesome outfit).

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:32 pm

So what is the difference between Super Saiyan, Super Vegeta and Future Super Saiyan?
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:38 pm

Nekis13 wrote:So what is the difference between Super Saiyan, Super Vegeta and Future Super Saiyan?
Super Saiyan focuses on boosting almost every stat, Super Vegeta focuses on boosting Ki blast attacks, and I think Future Super Saiyan focuses on boosting ki charging(I don't have that transformation yet,but that's what I heard)
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:40 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Ok here's my character Emperor Furnace

[spoiler]Base and Golden

Was gonna go Namekian but once again the Frieza race tempted me to the dark side.[/spoiler]
You follow the same rule I go with when I make a Frost Demon. Temperature related naming puns that lean towards the heat side. My XV1 character was Scalda and in XV2 I made his son, Scorcha. I'll post pics later!
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:45 pm

I just did Fridga :|
But I got an awesome QQ Bang that upgraded every stat I was umping. (KI, Basic attacks and KI Supers)
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:47 pm

Shin wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Ok here's my character Emperor Furnace

[spoiler]Base and Golden

You follow the same rule I go with when I make a Frost Demon. Temperature related naming puns that lean towards the heat side. My XV1 character was Scalda and in XV2 I made his son, Scorcha. I'll post pics later!
Cool I look forward to it. My XV1 Characters name was Malibu.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:49 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:I just did Fridga :|
But I got an awesome QQ Bang that upgraded every stat I was umping. (KI, Basic attacks and KI Supers)
Its not that bad besides its about what felt right at that moment. There are no wrong or poor names.

Good job :thumbup:

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Anyone know where/when I can find Oba? the npc who gives you the nimbus.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Scorcha needs to be a Komodo dragon that grants infinite wishes.

Anyone who gets the reference gets a treat.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:10 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:[spoiler]With Cabba/Kyabe and Frost being the first DLC characters, I imagine that if theres any new story content it will be the Universe 6/7 tournament since Hit is already in the base game. Honestly those three are all you really need (Botamo and Magetta lack enough material to make full movesets). I'm majorly disappointed that GT got shafted from the story again even after the first game bothered to add content via DLC. We could have had some cool stuff like Goku having to fight Golden Freeza down in hell during Super 17 or flesh out the Bebi arc with Super Bebi Vegeta. Seems like a wasted opportunity.

But seeing as SSJ Rose Black is confirmed to be his own character later for DLC, Xeno 2's DLC will likely be based on Super as Xeno 1's was GT. The tournament, Future Trunks, god forbid the Copy Vegeta stuff, etc. However what would be REALLY cool would be for them to add the Buu arc stuff from Future Trunks's time. Kaioshin outfit for Trunks, being able to add Dabra, something like that would be real fun to play through.[/spoiler]
This has very little to do with my point. With Xenoverse being the type of game that it is, we're not just going to visit the new story material without something distorting history there. So either there are going to be more mysterious wormholes causing problems or our villains aren't actually dead, because I don't see them creating a new one just to make things go wrong in the DLC missions (unless it's "new", like Dabra: Xeno, Demigra's return or something).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:20 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:[spoiler]With Cabba/Kyabe and Frost being the first DLC characters, I imagine that if theres any new story content it will be the Universe 6/7 tournament since Hit is already in the base game. Honestly those three are all you really need (Botamo and Magetta lack enough material to make full movesets). I'm majorly disappointed that GT got shafted from the story again even after the first game bothered to add content via DLC. We could have had some cool stuff like Goku having to fight Golden Freeza down in hell during Super 17 or flesh out the Bebi arc with Super Bebi Vegeta. Seems like a wasted opportunity.

But seeing as SSJ Rose Black is confirmed to be his own character later for DLC, Xeno 2's DLC will likely be based on Super as Xeno 1's was GT. The tournament, Future Trunks, god forbid the Copy Vegeta stuff, etc. However what would be REALLY cool would be for them to add the Buu arc stuff from Future Trunks's time. Kaioshin outfit for Trunks, being able to add Dabra, something like that would be real fun to play through.[/spoiler]
This has very little to do with my point. With Xenoverse being the type of game that it is, we're not just going to visit the new story material without something distorting history there. So either there are going to be more mysterious wormholes causing problems or our villains aren't actually dead, because I don't see them creating a new one just to make things go wrong in the DLC missions (unless it's "new", like Dabra: Xeno, Demigra's return or something).
Or they could have the changes be a strange consequence for a new history being hatched.

Or they just say that Towa fucking up the moment where the Tiem patroller was summoned causes Demigra to revive himself somehow.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:31 pm

Anyone else having a problem with "character importation " only being used for cutscenes?

I've basically had to recreate my XV1 character again just so I could play as "her" again after I beat the XV2 the first time. (I know XV and XV2 are different characters, but I put a lot of work into my XV character)

Also another thing that bugged me. Story progress is not shared between characters, only inventory. Meaning if I was to have a character of each race I have to beat the game including the tedious sidequests 5 separate times!

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:47 pm

excelhedge wrote: Also another thing that bugged me. Story progress is not shared between characters, only inventory. Meaning if I was to have a character of each race I have to beat the game including the tedious sidequests 5 separate times!
I believe this is a bug, no?
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:32 pm

What I don't like about this game is that you always have to be GOOD, what if you just want to be EVIL? Betraying Trunks, be on Towa side and start messing with the time and stuff? Would be cool! Something like True Crime, where you have the "good", "bad" and "neutral" ending. They could implement that on XV3
Last edited by Noah on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MathSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by MathSSJ » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:32 pm

Nekis13 wrote:
excelhedge wrote: Also another thing that bugged me. Story progress is not shared between characters, only inventory. Meaning if I was to have a character of each race I have to beat the game including the tedious sidequests 5 separate times!
I believe this is a bug, no?
Not sure whether it's actually a bug or not, but it seems like it will be patched.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:44 pm

Seriously, fuck "Combo Attack Time - Advanced". That challenge can go right to hell. It was a fucking nightmare to complete because of its bullshit hit detection and minuscule time frame given to do the next combo or ultimate. It took me, and I shit you not, THREE HOURS to do that challenge. I got an Ultra Rare trophy out of it, so thank God I'll never have to do it again. I mean, Jesus Christ, did that challenge stretch my sanity and murder my thumbs.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:57 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Seriously, fuck "Combo Attack Time - Advanced". That challenge can go right to hell. It was a fucking nightmare to complete because of its bullshit hit detection and minuscule time frame given to do the next combo or ultimate. It took me, and I shit you not, THREE HOURS to do that challenge. I got an Ultra Rare trophy out of it, so thank God I'll never have to do it again. I mean, Jesus Christ, did that challenge stretch my sanity and murder my thumbs.
It took me a day to finally complete that shit storm.