"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:04 pm

Damn it, I totally forgot about the manga. :lol: But now that has been mentioned, I'd like to see it in full color Super Saiyan God Goku in Movie 15's outfit too. But the chances of it appearing in XV2 are pretty low if you ask me. The next paid DLC will bring stuff from Universe 6 saga, and considering that Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan with Kaio-Ken is already in the game, I think they will follow the anime version.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:11 pm

I just remembered that Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 had it's own manga. For y'all who got the manga, what happens in it?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:18 pm

Nothing interesting. It just tells us some bit of information about what occured in AGE 851 in more detail than what you see in the beginning of XV2 right before picking your character from XV1.

~ Day of the Machines ~

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:55 pm

Thinking about it I feel in the next update Regular Goku and Vegeta in their Whis outfits will get SSj. Cause they both used it during the Universe 6 Arc in those outfits.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:27 pm

Grimlock wrote:Nothing interesting. It just tells us some bit of information about what occured in AGE 851 in more detail than what you see in the beginning of XV2 right before picking your character from XV1.
Huh, what does it tell you? Need to know what it says.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:51 pm

I don't know if I can post the full scans but it starts with a narration of XV2's Time Patroller in Conton City, like an introduction. He notices a Time Rift and he is sucked into it, he is sent to Goku vs Freeza and Cooler fight. Suddenly, XV1's Time Patroller appears and after a brief talk Goku, XV1's Time Patroller and XV2's Time Patroller shoot their Kamehameha, apparently killing both Freeza and Cooler.

Then another narration starts, explaining that multiple Time Rifts began to appear and consume Toki Toki City, Kaioshin of Time was forced to act, building Conton City in AGE 851 and that Time Patrollers continued to fight against time manipulation. XV2's Time Patroller transforms into Super Saiyan 3 and along with other ones, they face Vegeta Oozaru.

That's it.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:03 am

Grimlock wrote:I don't know if I can post the full scans but it starts with a narration of XV2's Time Patroller in Conton City, like an introduction. He notices a Time Rift and he is sucked into it, he is sent to Goku vs Freeza and Cooler fight. Suddenly, XV1's Time Patroller appears and after a brief talk Goku, XV1's Time Patroller and XV2's Time Patroller shoot their Kamehameha, apparently killing both Freeza and Cooler.
Seriously he kills both Freeza and Coola, arent they supposed to prevent that? Anyway that's what I think is the main fundamental problem with Xenoverse's story, and potential. The time patroller's. Being a time patroller means that you absolutely have to destroy a what if scenario by the roots. You never create one, and you can never see it grow. So for Xenoverse 3 I'd prefer if you don't actually become one.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:24 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:Thinking about it I feel in the next update Regular Goku and Vegeta in their Whis outfits will get SSj. Cause they both used it during the Universe 6 Arc in those outfits.
They haven't alluded to there being more content than they've already announced and new character variations aren't listed for either the paid DLC or the free update so I'm honestly not feeling too confident.

moochfloatjr
Not-So-Newbie

Post by moochfloatjr » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:40 am

I recently started playing the original Xenoverse again and I wanted to ask some people who've gotten Xenoverse 2; is the sequel worth $60? It looks like it's been improved in a lot of ways, but I'm reluctant to buy it at full price, especially given I got the season pass for the first game, meaning I already have a lot of the "new" additions to the roster.
Don't be too alarmed if I just don't show up for a few months. Hooray for fleeting interests!
Lord Beerus wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Super Saiyan 3 Lord Appule vs. Kaio-ken x20 Future Mecha Nappa
Nappa squashes Appule like the bug he is.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:11 pm

moochfloatjr wrote:I recently started playing the original Xenoverse again and I wanted to ask some people who've gotten Xenoverse 2; is the sequel worth $60? It looks like it's been improved in a lot of ways, but I'm reluctant to buy it at full price, especially given I got the season pass for the first game, meaning I already have a lot of the "new" additions to the roster.
Xenoverse 2 is a much welcome improvement and expansion of the first game in many ways. But however, if you can get XV 2 for a discount, get it then. Luckily, the game seems to go on sale on a regular basis.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:44 am

All of the things that bothered me in XV1 have been improved in XV2. Other than the story, which is on the same level in my opinion.
So if you enjoyed the first one, you probably will like the second one as well or better.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:30 am

I'm also willing to bet that if you enjoyed playing Xenoverse for more than a couple sessions, you'll love the improvements done to Xenoverse 2. While there are many similarities between it and the last title, it's not similar enough to write it off as an expansion. The story, parallel quests and character models are all more or less lifted from XV1, but they all have huge additions. Gameplay mechanics might actually be the most noticeable difference, in that everything has a received a major rebalance. My biggest praises go to the excellent new maneuvering system, overhaul of transformations (Super Saiyan no longer drains your ki, thank Kami) and complete removal of super armor from the game.

All the equipment stats have been upended and rearranged - even if you transfer your XV1 fighter to XV2 along with their clothes, they won't carry the same stats. What I was surprised to find in XV2 was the variety in stuff to do! XV1 was purely Story and Parallel Quests. You could play online matches if you wanted to feel like your life was a lie, but there wasn't anything else to work towards (besides leveling up your relationship meters with your trainers). In XV2, there are factions to join, mini fetch quests in the hub world, side missions that have you collecting emotes to use on other NPCs to gain more emotes... just giving us something to do constantly was the best idea they had. Keeping players engaged was definitely a priority during development. I would have expected less from a team that had a year to throw this game together.

Long story short, on the surface it looks like not much has changed, but playing the game to it's fullest potential is an entirely new experience. So much more fun. ...wait for a sale and grab the season pass, though. DLC has been a big improvement over XV1 thus far, too.

EDIT: OH and how could I forget, properly beating Parallel Quests are no longer an RNG crapfest! You will earn an Ultimate Finish EVERY TIME you trigger the requirements and I've noticed that the chances of earning the desired rewards have significantly increased over XV1. That was a HUGE dealbreaker for many players.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

moochfloatjr
Not-So-Newbie

Post by moochfloatjr » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:33 am

Thank you all for the feedback! I'll definitely keep an eye out for any sales.

As a quick aside; have they improved the balance on strike supers vs ki supers? I tried running a balanced Earthling build in XV1, only to quickly learn that the game pretty heavily favored using Super Saiyan for Ki spam.
Don't be too alarmed if I just don't show up for a few months. Hooray for fleeting interests!
Lord Beerus wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Super Saiyan 3 Lord Appule vs. Kaio-ken x20 Future Mecha Nappa
Nappa squashes Appule like the bug he is.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:02 pm

moochfloatjr wrote:Thank you all for the feedback! I'll definitely keep an eye out for any sales.

As a quick aside; have they improved the balance on strike supers vs ki supers? I tried running a balanced Earthling build in XV1, only to quickly learn that the game pretty heavily favored using Super Saiyan for Ki spam.
Yes, though some have noticed that the attributes you distribute across your stats have less of an effect this time around, for balancing's sake. I don't have the exact numbers, as Bandai Namco does not provide any in-depth guide to their nonsense. It's been up to the fans to do lots and lots of testing. This link below would be a good place to start learning how the game works under the hood:

http://www.steamcommunity.com/sharedfil ... =790853823

As for running a balanced Earthling in XV1, I did the same for roughly 75% of my story progression, with a Namekian. Turns out the game actually benefits those that min/max their characters. Focus on one or two defining traits and pour most, if not all of your points into them. After I obtained another set of Dragon Balls to reset my attributes, I made him an HP heavy, melee fighter. He fared much better and could take down stronger opponents quicker. ...funny you mention Super Saiyan Ki spam, because that's the character build I created right after finishing the story mode. :lol: She was absolutely broken, but made playing all the PQs over and over that much easier. Again, the Super Saiyan transformations in XV2 no longer drain Ki at a fixed rate. As a result, attacks consume the proper amount of Ki while you're transformed or not. Using Final Shine Attack over and over with 10 bars of Ki is no longer an option (as fun as that was. Eat shit, Broly.).

If you're interested, indulge me in showing off my XV1 builds and check out my pre-Xenoverse 2 send-off post:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34481&p=1160642#p1160642

Every race has some pretty neat tools to work with this time around. Skim around the guide I posted and see what appeals to you. I still min/max my Ki-based Saiyan in XV2, but he's not broken in the least. He feels just right.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:49 pm

Lunaar wrote:
moochfloatjr wrote:Thank you all for the feedback! I'll definitely keep an eye out for any sales.

Yes, though some have noticed that the attributes you distribute across your stats have less of an effect this time around, for balancing's sake. I don't have the exact numbers, as Bandai Namco does not provide any in-depth guide to their nonsense. It's been up to the fans to do lots and lots of testing. This link below would be a good place to start learning how the game works under the hood:

http://www.steamcommunity.com/sharedfil ... =790853823

As for running a balanced Earthling in XV1, I did the same for roughly 75% of my story progression, with a Namekian. Turns out the game actually benefits those that min/max their characters. Focus on one or two defining traits and pour most, if not all of your points into them. After I obtained another set of Dragon Balls to reset my attributes, I made him an HP heavy, melee fighter. He fared much better and could take down stronger opponents quicker. ...funny you mention Super Saiyan Ki spam, because that's the character build I created right after finishing the story mode. :lol: She was absolutely broken, but made playing all the PQs over and over that much easier. Again, the Super Saiyan transformations in XV2 no longer drain Ki at a fixed rate. As a result, attacks consume the proper amount of Ki while you're transformed or not. Using Final Shine Attack over and over with 10 bars of Ki is no longer an option (as fun as that was. Eat shit, Broly.).

If you're interested, indulge me in showing off my XV1 builds and check out my pre-Xenoverse 2 send-off post:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34481&p=1160642#p1160642

Every race has some pretty neat tools to work with this time around. Skim around the guide I posted and see what appeals to you. I still min/max my Ki-based Saiyan in XV2, but he's not broken in the least. He feels just right.
Actually they've calculated that every ten points is worth one percent.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Welp, Beerus raid coming this weekend.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:29 pm

So...we're in February now. Have they ever given a firm statement for when DLC pack 2 is coming out?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Rewards for the Beerus' raid:
[spoiler]Participation Reward: Hurcule Badge Common
5000 Damage Done: Nickname “Reckless"
50,000 Damage Done: Set of Beerus Costume, Nickname “Ragnarok"
100,000 Damage Done: Super Soul “Beerus" [Before creation comes ruin...]
150,000 Damage Done: 50 TP Medals[/spoiler]
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:14 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:Rewards for the Beerus' raid:
[spoiler]Participation Reward: Hurcule Badge Common
5000 Damage Done: Nickname “Reckless"
50,000 Damage Done: Set of Beerus Costume, Nickname “Ragnarok"
100,000 Damage Done: Super Soul “Beerus" [Before creation comes ruin...]
150,000 Damage Done: 50 TP Medals[/spoiler]
Meh. I've lost interest in this game real quick. Wasted money for me.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:46 pm

I would be all for a Zamasu story line for the upcoming DLC packs. It could have Black and Future Zamasu attempting to assassinate the remaining Kaioshin to fulfill their Zero Mortals Plan, including Chronoa. Chronoa, Old Kaioshin, Trunks, and your Time Patroller could attempt to put an end to Zamasu and Black's tampering of time.

The interactions between Time Patrol Trunks and Black could be an interesting one, assuming that they make it so Time Patrol Trunks doesn't know of Black since he was fortunate to never have met him. Thus making Super Trunks his own entity from Time Patrol Trunks.