"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Lunaar wrote: Ultimates cannot be "smacked" out of start up.
They can, but that's only if you use your Ultimate at the wrong time, allowing your opponent to get behind you and break your stamina (I'm pretty sure how much stamina you have doesn't matter in regards to if you'll be broken or not. Though It does matter if you're being attacked from the front mid-ultimate), like anyone in Dragon Ball SHOULD do when they see their foe powering up. So, agreed overall.
I can confirm it breaks no matter what if youre hit out. Last night I missed a Super Black Kamehameha in a PQ getting cocky and got a basic punch into a break by SSJ Gogeta.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Tue May 30, 2017 1:02 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Lunaar wrote:Granted, Ultimate spamming used to be a thing in XV1 (and I am 100% guilty for having done it for Z-Ranking the later PQs), but that was directly addressed and overhauled for the sequel.
That was because of broken game mechanics for Saiyans that made time inconsequential. Especially with ultimates like Crusher Volcano that move you around while attacking.
Ooh yeah. I made a ki-based Saiyan that spammed Final Shine Attack, the giant energy wave that would keep firing as long as you had ki to spend... paired with the Super Saiyan transformation that let you use whatever you wanted while the ki bar drained at a fixed rate. Brrrrrrrrroken.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:I can confirm it breaks no matter what if youre hit out. Last night I missed a Super Black Kamehameha in a PQ getting cocky and got a basic punch into a break by SSJ Gogeta.
Right in the feels.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 30, 2017 1:55 pm

Lunaar wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:I can confirm it breaks no matter what if youre hit out. Last night I missed a Super Black Kamehameha in a PQ getting cocky and got a basic punch into a break by SSJ Gogeta.
Right in the feels.
"Ack! My pride!"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue May 30, 2017 3:46 pm

Haha pretty much. I'm finally getting good with my combo strings, doing well, feeling like a good player. Ouch my pride. Lol

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue May 30, 2017 7:21 pm

Lunaar wrote:Ooh yeah. I made a ki-based Saiyan that spammed Final Shine Attack, the giant energy wave that would keep firing as long as you had ki to spend... paired with the Super Saiyan transformation that let you use whatever you wanted while the ki bar drained at a fixed rate. Brrrrrrrrroken.
Yep, I remember doing this with my Saiyan all too well. I'd use Maximum Charge as much as possible to keep my Ki up while it drained and used Final Shine Attack over and over again. In hindsight, I'm very, very grateful for the balancing in this game.

Also, I wonder why that update that fixes that starting-over-the-story-with-every-new-character "bug" hasn't released yet. I've been holding off as much as possible on using any CACs other than my own until it releases, so it's kinda been (ironically enough) bugging me for a while.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 31, 2017 6:59 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
Lunaar wrote:Ooh yeah. I made a ki-based Saiyan that spammed Final Shine Attack, the giant energy wave that would keep firing as long as you had ki to spend... paired with the Super Saiyan transformation that let you use whatever you wanted while the ki bar drained at a fixed rate. Brrrrrrrrroken.
Yep, I remember doing this with my Saiyan all too well. I'd use Maximum Charge as much as possible to keep my Ki up while it drained and used Final Shine Attack over and over again. In hindsight, I'm very, very grateful for the balancing in this game.

Also, I wonder why that update that fixes that starting-over-the-story-with-every-new-character "bug" hasn't released yet. I've been holding off as much as possible on using any CACs other than my own until it releases, so it's kinda been (ironically enough) bugging me for a while.
I feel like even if PQ clears and story dont transfer...at the very least unlocked characters should. Its annoying to unlock them for new char just to bring them along for fun. I dont even NEED them but I like chillin with the martial arts homies lol

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 31, 2017 10:19 pm

Currently going into high level PQ rooms and playing as Goten :lol: who surprisingly is decent minus his damage and crappy super.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:47 am

A new DLC Pack 4 Scan came out.

[spoiler]Apparently, the last cutscene will be Super Trunks about to kill Grotesque Merged Zamasu, and there will be something new about SSJ4.[/spoiler]

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:47 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:A new DLC Pack 4 Scan came out.

[spoiler]Apparently, the last cutscene will be Super Trunks about to kill Grotesque Merged Zamasu, and there will be something new about SSJ4.[/spoiler]
Wait it will be him...about to do it? It wont actually be done?

About SSJ4 probably just a new move or something right?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:15 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:A new DLC Pack 4 Scan came out.

Link please?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFsTMDAhoxA

In all likelihood the SSJ4 stuff is just going to be a change of clothes and a accessory in the TP shop. I highly doubt that would relegate a actual transformation to a minor tidbit on the page.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:36 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFsTMDAhoxA

In all likelihood the SSJ4 stuff is just going to be a change of clothes and a accessory in the TP shop. I highly doubt that would relegate a actual transformation to a minor tidbit on the page.
Since its being used in the hub world it has to be just cloths. Also I hope that is Grotesque Zamasu.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:00 am

Lord Frieza wrote:Link please?
https://www.db-z.com/dragon-ball-xenove ... enu-dlc-4/
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Wait it will be him...about to do it? It wont actually be done?

About SSJ4 probably just a new move or something right?
1) No need to overthink it, Super Saiyan Rage Future Trunks will destroy Yami Marik Zamasu in XV2.

2) Also, it seems we will be getting an homage to the cool Super Saiyan 4 Goku from Dragon Ball GT.

I just hope it will be foreshadowing something about Dragon Ball GT getting the spotlight once again.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:14 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:

I just hope it will be foreshadowing something about Dragon Ball GT getting the spotlight once again.
Dont hold your breath. Super is the hot ticket right now. GT is going to be the last thing on the menu when it comes to additional content.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:42 am

Jesus Christ, that angel is not good for Zamasu. He looks like Legolas decided to play dress up! :D

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:00 am

Well damn, I'm late to respond. Sorry about that.
But I'm aware it "slows the pace" of the game, so that's why I want the ultimates to be worked for.
I don't want it to be something like XV1 where Ki Blast Saiyans would use their ultimates like normal attacks and I don't want it to be how it is now. Where all you have to do is charge and then do your ultimate. I get it, this game is a much faster game with better combat. However it just feels bland and tasteless, like nothing feels like it has impact. (Super attack wise)

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I just want to see how they would make a cutscenes ultimate for Super characters. (Beerus, Rose Goku, Hit, etc.)

Also, I really hope we can get that SSJ4 costume in a TP quest or even in the shop. DONT MAKE IT A RAID COSTUME!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:27 am

Kanassa wrote:
Jesus Christ, that angel is not good for Zamasu. He looks like Legolas decided to play dress up! :D
Well all kaoshin look like technicolor-ed elves do they not? :lol:

That images is also what makes me thing Grotesque Zamasu will be in the game as either a special boss or hopefully (since I hate xenoverse's insistence on making its unique bossess unplayable) as a playable character. The reason is because he is using his left hand to form his ki blade. Zamasu/Future/Black/Merged are all right handed......Grotesque Zamasu is not. His deformed right arm forces him to use his left hand to form the blade. However they could be doing something boring like just copying his stance from the anime but lets hope they push the boat out and dont disappoint.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:40 am

Lord Frieza wrote: That images is also what makes me thing Grotesque Zamasu will be in the game as either a special boss or hopefully (since I hate xenoverse's insistence on making its unique bossess unplayable) as a playable character. The reason is because he is using his left hand to form his ki blade. Zamasu/Future/Black/Merged are all right handed......Grotesque Zamasu is not. His deformed right arm forces him to use his left hand to form the blade. However they could be doing something boring like just copying his stance from the anime but lets hope they push the boat out and dont disappoint.
Could just be a continuity error. I mean, this cutscene kind of looks like one of the special CGI ones, not the in-game one.

Kanassa wrote:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:44 am

Kanassa wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote: That images is also what makes me thing Grotesque Zamasu will be in the game as either a special boss or hopefully (since I hate xenoverse's insistence on making its unique bossess unplayable) as a playable character. The reason is because he is using his left hand to form his ki blade. Zamasu/Future/Black/Merged are all right handed......Grotesque Zamasu is not. His deformed right arm forces him to use his left hand to form the blade. However they could be doing something boring like just copying his stance from the anime but lets hope they push the boat out and dont disappoint.
Could just be a continuity error. I mean, this cutscene kind of looks like one of the special CGI ones, not the in-game one.
Thats what I mean when I say "Just copying the his stance from the anime".

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:57 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:

Dont hold your breath. Super is the hot ticket right now. GT is going to be the last thing on the menu when it comes to additional content.
Yeah I think all they care to put into GT are a few characters like SSJ4 Characters, Kid GT Goku, Pan.

They dont seem keen on PQs or story missions.