"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by shadowmaria » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:49 am

I've been out of the XV2 loop for a while, just wanted to confirm the last remaining four DLC characters;

Ranger #17, UI Goku, Fuu, and Jiren; is that right?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:35 am

shadowmaria wrote:I've been out of the XV2 loop for a while, just wanted to confirm the last remaining four DLC characters;

Ranger #17, UI Goku, Fuu, and Jiren; is that right?
That's about it unless they decide to do more in the future.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:54 pm

Man, I really wish they hadn't made the Majin Purification Form a stamina drain one. It's pretty fun to play as, but that constant (if slow) stamina drain just takes it out of the picture for late game missions and quests. To say nothing of playing against other people with it. The "Eehee hee hee heee!" Super Soul is pretty good, but still.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:57 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:Man, I really wish they hadn't made the Majin Purification Form a stamina drain one. It's pretty fun to play as, but that constant (if slow) stamina drain just takes it out of the picture for late game missions and quests. To say nothing of playing against other people with it. The "Eehee hee hee heee!" Super Soul is pretty good, but still.
Could be worse! ...Coulda had the Giant Namekian stamina drain.
Makes me feel kinda bad for them when stamina breaking them takes longer than to just sit there and let their own stamina run out.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:47 am

Now I'm really curious how Toppo will be handled when he's added in either future DLC or in XV3.
Will his GoD form be a transformation or a separate character? His shape is fairly different and he doesn't do poses or anything anymore and fights like a total savage, so I wonder if they'll just make two unique Toppos.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:27 am

Jackalope89 wrote:To say nothing of playing against other people with it.
That's not really true, as Pure Form can hit the opponent even if they are far away with that kick (same button as firing Ki energy), not to mention you can keep pressing guard, you become invencible, thus saving your life or even ensuring victory, depending of the circumstance.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:39 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:To say nothing of playing against other people with it.
That's not really true, as Pure Form can hit the opponent even if they are far away with that kick (same button as firing Ki energy), not to mention you can keep pressing guard, you become invencible, thus saving your life or even ensuring victory, depending of the circumstance.
Not if they grab you. It may work against newer players, but more experienced ones won't have much issue.

Still doesn't change my point about it sucking that it drains your stamina. Especially if you're a male Majin (whom already has issues with stamina). The female one regenerates stamina so fast if its broken, you almost just let it break anyway.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:21 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Now I'm really curious how Toppo will be handled when he's added in either future DLC or in XV3.
Will his GoD form be a transformation or a separate character? His shape is fairly different and he doesn't do poses or anything anymore and fights like a total savage, so I wonder if they'll just make two unique Toppos.
I’d just see him being one character with 2 presets. One with his pride trooper outfit still on and his Hakai Form.

I also hope the hakai form is unlockable for all races for Xenoverse 3. Or maybe for every race except the saiyans and Freeza’s race as they already have the equivalent of god forms.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:13 pm

Majin Demigra wrote:
Are you psychic?
Not been paying attention for a long while. What'd I miss with that?

Edit: Nvm, I just checked and saw Tika going all adult on us in SDBH trailer 8. Neat. I wouldn't call that being psychic. More like "Well of course they were gonna pull a stunt like that".

As for the DLC updates, I'm still more put off by them than anything else. Too much money for such little extra material, and the fact they won't do an overhaul of the system to fix some things and make transformations more viable. Majin Purification, Giant Namekian and Nimbus all are still terrible, and hair not changing when going SSJ, aside from SS3, is still lame. Only made lamer by SSB being given without the previous God form and, again, no change to actual style outside of color. And without advancing or adding other forms to the other selectable races continues to make other races less viable to play.

They should just take all my suggestions from the XV3 wishlist thread and include them or make sure they're in the next game. Because apparently I have better ideas and sense than the developers do.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Phozz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Phozz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:52 am

dualist wrote:The biggest thing to keep me interested in XV2 would be a better story. I don't play PvP, and Raids don't have the best rewards. I can barely find people to do expert missions with, and when I do them, it's just a spam fest anyway. Now don't get me wrong, I love the XV series, it's hand down my favorite DBZ game. But I really hope they take time with the next installment and truly focus on the co-op and action rpg elements of the game. A detailed Stroy mode that you can play online with friends is where I believe the next game needs to go. I would love to see them aim more towards the MMO elements with an extensive story and DLCs that add story elements and not just characters. Still keep the PvP of course and definitely improve on those elements as well, but embrace the online community, being a time patroller, and questing with friends.

I absolutely LOVE the Time Patrollers vs. Time Breakers idea where you can choose a faction and make good/evil characters. Hopefully, the introduction of Fu eludes to some new story elements for the next installment. I just figure with FighterZ coming and getting positive reviews, that game will take care of the fighting game fans. But for the gamers like me who love a good RPG and co-op gameplay, XV needs to embrace its roots.
couldn't have said it better myself

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Are we expecting any Xenoverse 2/FighterZ content that is earned through having save data for one or the other? I've seen "reports" about this across the web, but none of them provide sources and they are all suspiciously vague in all the same ways. Let's be real: most sites that cover Dragon Ball news just circle-jerk info back and forth between each other, if not rip directly from Kanzenshuu. There is nothing gained from bothering with them. I shouldn't have to say this, but stick to Kanzenshuu and official brands, kiddos.

That being said: has a dollop of false info been spread about or is there any truth behind this?
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:14 pm

Lunaar wrote:Are we expecting any Xenoverse 2/FighterZ content that is earned through having save data for one or the other? I've seen "reports" about this across the web, but none of them provide sources and they are all suspiciously vague in all the same ways. Let's be real: most sites that cover Dragon Ball news just circle-jerk info back and forth between each other, if not rip directly from Kanzenshuu. There is nothing gained from bothering with them. I shouldn't have to say this, but stick to Kanzenshuu and official brands, kiddos.

That being said: has a dollop of false info been spread about or is there any truth behind this?
Xenoverse gets Android 21 costume, while FighterZ gets a Supreme Kai of Time Lobby Avatar.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:34 pm

The official Japanese website outlines this-

http://dbx.bn-ent.net/special/linkedCamp.php

That being said, I dunno what the plan is for the international editions of the games. Maybe they've outlined it, maybe they haven't. Maybe it was just stated in a stream.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:56 pm

VegettoEX wrote:The official Japanese website outlines this-

http://dbx.bn-ent.net/special/linkedCamp.php

That being said, I dunno what the plan is for the international editions of the games. Maybe they've outlined it, maybe they haven't. Maybe it was just stated in a stream.
This is the kind of confirmation I was looking for! Thanks. :thumbup:
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:03 pm

Is it the gold GI or roshis actual clothes or what for this current raid?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 pm

TobyS wrote:Is it the gold GI or roshis actual clothes or what for this current raid?
I believe it's the Gold Gi.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:54 pm

New Video from Burcol has some speculation of possible future dlc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHkb8JD5FQI&t=634s

I really hope the TP Medals thing is not the case. I want some more DLC. If we got 2 more extra packs, i would want, Baby Vegeta, Uub/Majuub, Pikkon, Bergamo, Lavenda, Basil, Kafla, and Toppo.

And since i’m starting to believe that XV3 isn’t the next game, i want all the support we can get
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:07 pm

I'd rather see some small free updates instead and have them put their efforts into XV3 and making it a far better game, rather than wasting time and resources on just Xenoverse1.5.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:03 am

Zelvin wrote:I'd rather see some small free updates instead and have them put their efforts into XV3 and making it a far better game, rather than wasting time and resources on just Xenoverse1.5.
And gauge reviews & reactions to the game to note what still needs further tweaking. Xenoverse 2 is what should've been the first game, though with the first game's story, but it still needs further refinements.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:40 am

Scsigs wrote:
Zelvin wrote:I'd rather see some small free updates instead and have them put their efforts into XV3 and making it a far better game, rather than wasting time and resources on just Xenoverse1.5.
And gauge reviews & reactions to the game to note what still needs further tweaking. Xenoverse 2 is what should've been the first game, though with the first game's story, but it still needs further refinements.
I dont get how people can say that. Thats like saying Tenkaichi 2 is what Tenkachi 1 should have been. You can’t say that a first game should have been it’s sequel because its the FIRST GAME. A first game can’t be compared to a sequel in terms of saying that the game should have been like it because the the first game’s job is to be the base of the franchise.