"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xaroc » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:21 am

Okay... now feel kinda...dumb... so I managed to gather all seven Dragonballs... and since nobody told me that it was available in the regular object shop I wished for... for... Pudding!
Man, I feel like Bulma after she wasted two out of three questions for Zuno. Well at least that way I was sure that it wasn't handcooked bei Toki no Kaioshin. Even Boo would probably hate it. Beerus-sama would probably approve my wish though... hehe...

Anyway I finished the story and even the "Egg" related Quests. Finally Future Super Saiyajin. But the only increased Ki rate I noticed was the "taking damage" part. Hitting the enemy was almost the same as regular Super Saiyajin. Oh well, the animation looks better AND I don't have to watch my Ki (at regular SSJ I could accidently transform right to SSJ2 and SSJ3 when I don't want to).

Loved the story, every detail and everything. I just wonder what happend to Bardock.
And here are my three favourite story parts:

3: After the final battel Trunks, Me and Rou Kaioshin talk about the future and other important stuff...
...change of scene:
Toki no Kaioshin: "... no you can't eat that egg! You're worse than Miira!"
Gokuu: *scratches his head*
Typical Gokuu... he didn't save the egg from Miira for the sake of the universe. I'm sure he had other plans from the very beginning. :lol:

1. Future Trunks + Future Gohan destroying the Cyborgs and Trunks decides to stay in this timeline. I loved it. He seemed so happy. He got his mentor out alive, he gained a little "twin" brother, he already knows about Cell and Boo so they can train and do something against them. I definitely choose to keep it that way. Even if Toki no Kaioshin has the last word in that matter, I couldn't be an ass and deny Trunks this happy future. He deserves it more than anyone else. Even if it means to change the entire history of ALL Dragonball stories.

1. Toki no Kaioshins "Pudding of DOOM"! That whole quest... from Masked Saiyajins and my CaCs "guest appearance" during Beerus-samas speech up to Gokuus food poisoning and Miira shutting up Beerus-sama. It was just perfect. More! More of things like this in Xenoverse 3 please! Serious things are important, but Dragonball needs also scenes like this. I always like a good laugh even in the anime.

Well there is no number 2 because I love those scenarios just the same. I just couldn't decide, sorry about that. :)
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:27 am

Chuquita wrote:Me too on Base Gokû. I prefer lean-but-still-athletically-built-Base-Gokû. Having Base Gokû not be overly muscular would also better contrast with the larger muscular ssj1/2/3.
For sure. I think Raging Blast nailed on designs:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:02 am

Meh, I chose to fix Trunks's change. It's harsh, but the whole point is helping history heals Plus, I don't want to chance him actually leaving the time patrol. His dialogues with SKOT are too funny!

Speaking of, anyone else feel that something was weird about how they speak to each other in the game?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:33 am

Zenkashuu wrote:I'm reading that PC version has some issues (i.e freezing). Any PC gamer here..? I need detailed info.
Sometimes my game crashes and gets closed, then I have to open XV2 again. Don't know if it's my PC or the game. And yeah, I have those "freezing" too. When it happens is when sometimes it closes entirely.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SSJ.Natto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ.Natto » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:14 am

I decided to allow Trunks to stay there. It would be way too cruel to fix it! D:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:44 am

Grimlock wrote:
Zenkashuu wrote:I'm reading that PC version has some issues (i.e freezing). Any PC gamer here..? I need detailed info.
Sometimes my game crashes and gets closed, then I have to open XV2 again. Don't know if it's my PC or the game. And yeah, I have those "freezing" too. When it happens is when sometimes it closes entirely.
I'm on a laptop that's below the minimum requirements for XV2 and I haven't experienced any freezing/crashes yet and I think it's because I keep the settings almost as low as possible (couldn't bring myself to get rid of the grass and lighting).

For example: 60fps for XV1 runs just fine on my laptop, but the hub world in XV2 is so much bigger that I don't want to take my chances with it. I've been running XV2 at 30fps with the lower 39-something hz refresh rate. The laptop does get warm after about a half hour (and I can clearly hear the laptop's cooling fan spinning) but it's not dangerously warm. Still I wouldn't run the game for more than an hour in a single setting.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:13 am

I've been avoiding this thread until now that I finished story mode. Sorry if this was already explained here but, does your decision about Trunks at the end of the story have any visible consecuences that I missed? Does someone know what devs where referring when they said that after story mode your could change history?
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

SSJ.Natto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ.Natto » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:49 am

Chelentano wrote:I've been avoiding this thread until now that I finished story mode. Sorry if this was already explained here but, does your decision about Trunks at the end of the story have any visible consecuences that I missed? Does someone know what devs where referring when they said that after story mode your could change history?
As far as I know it doesn't really change anything, but the dialogue.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:51 am

There was an update last night. Anyone know if that fixed anything? Hopefully the PQ errors and crashes.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:02 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm on a laptop that's below the minimum requirements for XV2 and I haven't experienced any freezing/crashes yet and I think it's because I keep the settings almost as low as possible (couldn't bring myself to get rid of the grass and lighting).

For example: 60fps for XV1 runs just fine on my laptop, but the hub world in XV2 is so much bigger that I don't want to take my chances with it. I've been running XV2 at 30fps with the lower 39-something hz refresh rate. The laptop does get warm after about a half hour (and I can clearly hear the laptop's cooling fan spinning) but it's not dangerously warm. Still I wouldn't run the game for more than an hour in a single setting.
I run XV2 at medium settings. The high keeps me lagging in Conton City. But I don't think it's that, I've already tried different settings and combinations but the problem is persistent. But thanks for that tip.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:08 pm

SSJ.Natto wrote:
Chelentano wrote:I've been avoiding this thread until now that I finished story mode. Sorry if this was already explained here but, does your decision about Trunks at the end of the story have any visible consecuences that I missed? Does someone know what devs where referring when they said that after story mode your could change history?
As far as I know it doesn't really change anything, but the dialogue.
Thank you. It's a sad answer, but I spected to be so...

I just get Hit from the Dragon and my game crashed as soon as the wish was granted. I hope that my wish wasn't wasted for this.

So, there's only three vehicles in the game?
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:20 pm

~ Day of the Machines ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:20 pm

ryou766 wrote:There was an update last night. Anyone know if that fixed anything? Hopefully the PQ errors and crashes.
Was it the November patch?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:23 pm

I can't be the only who's noticed that Krillin's Milk Delivery alert message sounds more like Eric Vale doing a Sonny Strait impression, right?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:50 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:I can't be the only who's noticed that Krillin's Milk Delivery alert message sounds more like Eric Vale doing a Sonny Strait impression, right?
That's Trunks. Kaioshin of Time does the announcement for Yamcha's class. I think the translators screwed up and made it seem like Trunks and Chronoa were the ones teaching the class.

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:00 pm

Grimlock wrote:New trailer!
What in the hell was the last bit about lmao
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:00 pm

I'm curious about that too.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:06 pm

Shin wrote:What in the hell was the last bit about lmao
Which bit are you referring to?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Shin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Shin » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:08 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Shin wrote:What in the hell was the last bit about lmao
Which bit are you referring to?
7:44 onward.
Dragon Ball /Z/GT/Super is a children's show and there's nothing wrong with that.

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:11 pm

Shin wrote:
Grimlock wrote:New trailer!
What in the hell was the last bit about lmao
Maybe that's the history change after completing the story mode that was promised?