"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:31 am

Two raids, one against Cell and another against Great Ape Baby
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:02 am

I hope that it will be the Freezer's army invasion on Conton saga update.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 am

Can anyone tell me how to get the mummy outfit please.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:16 am

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:46 am

Yes, Yes! Expert Mission 15 completed! Offline! Whoa Kienzan nonstop saved the day, combined with Super Vegeta 2, Hmm hmm! Hmm! Hmm hmm! Super Soul and Hero Pose/Super Elito Pose.
Compared to that are the last two EMs following a joke. But now I can do everything online without those stupid NPC-CaCs.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:09 am

Quick question - it's my understanding that you can only do the Expert Missions online, not offline and solo, right? Which for PS4 means one has to have PlayStation Plus, which I don't plan on getting probably. So...there aren't certain character variations, outfit pieces, or skills that you can only get with the EM's, are there?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:12 am

You can do them offline, but you get 5 NPC CaCs which are pretty dumb. And you can only "complete" EMs offline (means those energy balls in Conton turn from mainly black with a little purple to mainly purple with a little black) and only then you get the next EM. Online is just easier since other Players are quite smarter than NPCs (for the most of it), have better builds and skills and everything. And you always get an Ulitmate Attack as a reward. Super Genkidama, Blue Hurricane and Spirit Sword for example. You can also import some of those moves to make it easier or wait for them to show up in the TP Medal Store (I think).

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:17 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Quick question - it's my understanding that you can only do the Expert Missions online, not offline and solo, right? Which for PS4 means one has to have PlayStation Plus, which I don't plan on getting probably. So...there aren't certain character variations, outfit pieces, or skills that you can only get with the EM's, are there?
You can play Expert Missions solo, offline. Five random CAC will be generated as your teammates. I play offline most of the time because nobody is ever playing the Quests I'm participating in.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:22 am

Oh really? Somehow I'd gotten the impression that there was some stuff (namely those Expert Missions) you could only do via online. So you can still 100% the game (barring a few trophies, probably) just playing offline? Sweet!
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JimmyRustam
Beyond Newbie

Post by JimmyRustam » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:47 am

I've completed the story, but still have problems with the combo-tutorial.
I can't pull off the fourth to be specific, i'm too dumb to Stamina-break my mentor after my CAC flys behind him..

Btw, are (Base Form) Baby Vegeta's Pants in the game?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:51 am

I was going to start up another character but know I realized theres no point.

I'm currently Frieza race and our golden form now only gives us new ki blasts and not much else now the speeds gone.

Namekian's (who were my first choice) have had their giant form run into the ground. Yes people were cheap with it and something needed to be done but the form is now just a waste of time. Even during the mission to unlock it I was lucky if I even got to move after the transformation before just a basic super knocked me out. That one nurf effectively ruined my entire hopes for the game.

The poor Majin's have been at the short end of the stick from day one and Purification has been hit harder then Giant has.

And finally I just cant get invested as saiyans or humans because well, their everywhere and the races I want to use suck in PVE not just PVP. Well not suck but their unique transformations, the biggest draw to playing as a different race, are no longer fun to use meaning any appeal is now gone. We are effectively right back were we started in XV1 and I honestly have to wonder why they even bothered at all.

And befor you say it, kaioken and PU are, lets be real here, not transformations. Their aura changes with state boosts. Cool but cheap attempts at placation.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:28 am

JimmyRustam wrote:I've completed the story, but still have problems with the combo-tutorial.
I can't pull off the fourth to be specific, i'm too dumb to Stamina-break my mentor after my CAC flys behind him..

Btw, are (Base Form) Baby Vegeta's Pants in the game?
Yopp, the advanced combo missions are nearly impossible. I managed to do the fourth, thought that was it, than another even more difficult combo shows up and I even managed to do it the first time... only that the game didn't accept that I DID the Ulitmate Attack. I did it but it was like: nope, you didn't do it. So annoying. And didn't manage to complete that combo ever since. I just hope there isn't a sixth one after that...

And yes, PQ: The Shadow Dragons/Die Schattendrachen. There you get GT Vegetas clothes. (Super Bebi 2 clothes are in the game as well. Yellow Majin Kids in Boos House)

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:38 am

Lord Frieza wrote:I was going to start up another character but know I realized theres no point.

I'm currently Frieza race and our golden form now only gives us new ki blasts and not much else now the speeds gone.

Namekian's (who were my first choice) have had their giant form run into the ground. Yes people were cheap with it and something needed to be done but the form is now just a waste of time. Even during the mission to unlock it I was lucky if I even got to move after the transformation before just a basic super knocked me out. That one nurf effectively ruined my entire hopes for the game.

The poor Majin's have been at the short end of the stick from day one and Purification has been hit harder then Giant has.

And finally I just cant get invested as saiyans or humans because well, their everywhere and the races I want to use suck in PVE not just PVP. Well not suck but their unique transformations, the biggest draw to playing as a different race, are no longer fun to use meaning any appeal is now gone. We are effectively right back were we started in XV1 and I honestly have to wonder why they even bothered at all.

And befor you say it, kaioken and PU are, lets be real here, not transformations. Their aura changes with state boosts. Cool but cheap attempts at placation.
Agreed. These games are too geared at Saiyans and Humans. It was annoying hearing nearly every character express shock at how strong my Namekian is. I personally don't see the appeal in PvP matches. Its so much fun to lose your stamina because its a teleporting match. Which leads to me losing stamina and then being combo'd and blasted into oblivion.
I'm ranting, I want my OP Godzilla Namekian back.... It made PQ easier to beat....
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:52 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:So what's the best QQ Bang you have mustered up so far? I currently have three Level 5 and Level 4 QQ Bangs and whole host of Level 3,2 and 1 QQ Bangs. But only one them really suits my current model of character, which is strike/melee based Saiyan Male.

The current QQ Bang I rolling with is:
+2
+5
+5

It's a Level 4 QQ Bang.
I ended up creating one that only gave me postive boosts in health, basic attack, and ki supers. It was the perfect QQ Bang for my basic attack/ki super hybrid Saiyan Male. No negative boosts make it extremely convenient. I think it was a level 2 or 3 QQ Bang, and I have no idea how I pulled it off.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:04 pm

How do I take print without using the paint? Whenever I do it it shows a black screen. :?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Soccerjam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soccerjam » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:07 am

Can you make several custom fighters with the same continuing game data?

NothiaBlue

Post by NothiaBlue » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:13 am

So I just beat the main story, and I have to say I really liked it and the game.
[spoiler]The only gripes I have at the moment are;

1. I wish I could play my old CAC

2. I wish we could go over level 80.

3. This is really small, but my XV2 CAC's eyes appear light blue instead of blue green in some cut scenes.

When I saw people talking about how they saw moments from the original Xenoverse, I sorta braced myself for a lot of reused moments, because that's how it sounded... But really, all it seemed is that there were very few repeated moments- like 4 that I can remember- the only one I can see changing up a bit was the one where Whis and Beerus leave the Time Nest, other than that, I can see some scenes staying the same from history simply because it's not like they have memories of the prior patrols. Just don't abuse it, I guess.

I also may have spoiled myself with Mira's final form, but I did not expect it to happen the way it did. I didn't even think he would be capable of absorbing others.

I haven't seen the post game stuff, so I'll save judgement on stuff like how Mira escaped the space between dimensions and stuff for later.

But overall, I love this game. There's lots to do with the Rifts added in alongside mentors who don't need to be taken one at a time and the Parallel quests. It took me longer than I thought to finish story mode simply because of that- the only reason I went right to beating the story rather than bothering with other PQs and a mentor was because I had reached level 80. The expressions on this game are well done in most places, the interactions with the other Time Patrollers is fun, and I like how the touched up the old PQs.

Btw, did anyone notice how Whamcharge's earliest dialog was about how the hero saved him from death, and when their arrival was mucked up, he was gone? That's the stuff I like; Tragically beautiful.[/spoiler]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:23 am

Soccerjam wrote:Can you make several custom fighters with the same continuing game data?
Honestly, I'd like to know this as well. There is an achievement for unlocking the forms of each race from the rifts, but I don't want to play through the game up to that point five separate times, plus do all the rift missions again.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:35 am

Do you think Supervillain Omega Shenron (Time Breaker Super Yi Xing Long) will be use for the story mode DLC chapters? It seems odd for Dimps to have him on the main roster and don't bother to use him in the main story mode.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:33 am

Is the AI for Goku worse then the others ? I swear to good he's more of a determent then anything.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸