"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:06 am

Yamcha is Super Yamcha in his old Gi, that's neat.
Check the hair.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Simere
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:12 am

If you're getting she's married from the ring she's wearing, she has that on her middle finger; that's not typically where wedding rings go.

ssjprodigy
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjprodigy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:13 am

Yamcha and tien scans looking clean, Looks like the human team y'all wanted are coming true. Plus I dig Android 21 design, glad she is not a towa knockoff!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:32 am

An android with glasses? Nice. I dig chicks with glasses. My first instinct upon seeing seeing Android 21 is that she's Gero wife given the wedding ring. Or perhaps, she related to Android 17 and 18? :think:

Chiaotzu is an assist character being an assist character, let alone being in the game itself, is a bit of a shock to me. And makes me optimistic that the main roster will have a great deal of variety to it.

Oh, and Tien and Yamcha being in the roster was a given. So I don't have much to say on that other than... cool.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:47 am

Ooh, if she's Gero's wife, that would make her 16's "mother". That would explain a) why he's so important and b) an origin for these evil Z Fighter robots in the story mode. She could have built them to try and get revenge.

I'm excited! I really really hope that's her deal.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:49 am

Ugh, Tenshinhan being in his Super costume sucks. But fuck it, I'll main him anyway. Chaozu being his assist is perfect.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:52 am

Not a fan of Android 21's design. Feels like something that belongs in something that isn't Dragon Ball.

Glad my boy Tien is in.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:05 am

And people didn't want to believe that Yamcha is in, even when Toru Furuya himself confirmed it ages ago @_@

I think his first tweet about exhausting work as Yamcha was even before FighterZ was officially announced.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:12 am

Wonderful news as for confirmations, especially Chaotzu being an assist. His moveset certainly warrants the inclusion in the game since it`s unique among the show. Damn shame if he was left out. Android 21 looks weird at first because that`s totally One Piece esque linework but I like it. Hopefull she`s married to either #16 like or Gero.

Liking that Ten is using his Super outfit and I had a feeling they would pull that one. It`s a style design very apreciated for characters with a strong martial arts drive. I wouldn`t mind Yamcha`s Super outfit either since it`s asthetically pleasing and sets him apart (I actually quite like it) but the classic is the classic.

What is the game`s take on alternatve outfits? Mostly pallete changes on the default outfits or something more diverse?
Last edited by Olympian on Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:12 am

Chaozu basically functions like he did during the 22nd Budokai when he was cheating:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Kinda what I'd imagine a tag-team between him and Tenshinhan would be. Also, Tenshinhan's Super outfit is dope.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:16 am

Yeah, between that, the Dodompa, the suicide dive and his myrad of tech abilities that`s a fine assist.

As far as this game is concerned, assist characters remain so for the whole of the game, right?
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:16 am

Tien and Yamcha are in? Awesome! I'm really digging Android 21. I like her design and I'm interested to learn more about her.

Now I'm hoping for Kid Buu, Ultimate Gohan, Beerus, Hit and Goku Black to be in the game. It's safe to say that Broly and Bardock are going to be in the game, right? They've pretty much been in every Dragon Ball fighting game since Budokai 3.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:19 am

Kokonoe wrote:Not a fan of Android 21's design. Feels like something that belongs in something that isn't Dragon Ball.

Glad my boy Tien is in.
This is Dragon Ball too:

We forget that Dragon Ball is a vast world where fits any variety of designs, forms of dress, hair types, facial features ...

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:22 am

Except for some characters from Dragon Ball Fusions, I really don't understand when people claim "this doesn't feel like Dragon Ball". Such a weird statement. :eh:

As for Android 21, loved her! Props for Toriyama for coming up with another great design when it comes to games characters. :clap:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:25 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Tien and Yamcha are in? Awesome! I'm really digging Android 21. I like her design and I'm interested to learn more about her.

Now I'm hoping for Kid Buu, Ultimate Gohan, Beerus, Hit and Goku Black to be in the game. It's safe to say that Broly and Bardock are going to be in the game, right? They've pretty much been in every Dragon Ball fighting game since Budokai 3.
I think Beerus and Black are almost certain given their popularity and in Beerus especfic case, popularity and a greatly unique design in the cast. He`s my next biggest choice with Roshi.

Not sure about Bardock. I like him but a game having Goku, Black and Bardock is kind of like looking at the same guy all over the select screen. Never been a fan of that but that`s me. I feel the exact same way about transformations, they should all be picked from the character`s select, not fill other slots.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:28 am

Android 21?! I wasn't expecting a totally new character for the game, but I love her design.
Glad to see Yamcha and Tenshinhan officially confirmed. Even if he's just a assist character, I wasn't expecting they would bother with Chaozu at all. I'm glad they picked the DBS outfit for both of them.

Still waiting for Roshi and SSJ3 Gotenks for the heroes side.

Roshi because fighting games usually have a badass old man fighter and he's ours.
Gotenks to represent the kids, SSJ3 form and he has a unique moveset - Galactic Donuts, Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack, Revenge Cannon...
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:46 am

Well, Android 21 singlehandedly made me excited for the game's story! Love that design a lot!
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:54 am

Forget Limit Breaking Goku, this is the talk of the DB community. When she coming to Super? When is she coming to Dokkan? :!:
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:57 am

kidhero1000 wrote:Image

Forget Limit Breaking Goku, this is the talk of the DB community. When she coming to Super? When is she coming to Dokkan? :!:
She'll probably end up in Dokkan, Heroes and the inevitable Fusions sequel, but she'll sadly never come to Super.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:01 am

Hoping she has a backstory and it's about something related to Dragon Ball Online... Even a tie-in with Android 9 or something, that would be dope! :thumbup:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~