"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:09 pm

I don't know why people would be surprise to see Hit, Beerus and Goku Black in the game. It would make sense to add the most popular Super characters on the main roster.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:18 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:It's actually just a matter of time until new fans start calling "Male Kale" to Broly and that will be hilarious.
Maybe in your own little world, but not the real one as there's 0% chance Kale ever surpasses Broly in popularity.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:Aaaaaand there's the Gohan trailer.
I don't know, but I thought it was decent. I would play as him for sure.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:00 pm

LightBing wrote:
Simere wrote:It's gotten harder to hope that DasVergeben's leak isn't credible.
No it hasn't. Are we forgetting everything he already got wrong? He was the one who made up the "Saiyan Pass" rumour for FighterZ just to give an example.
Approaching speculation is a balancing act of the facts, the evidence, and the probability. When they get something right the scales are rebalanced accordingly. By how much is up to your individual assessment; for me, I'd call it a 5% shift. Getting January Direct (seemingly) right is another small shift.

He has got stuff wrong, and I weigh them accordingly in my considerations. Your example isn't one of them, though. The Saiyan Pass rumor came from the guy claiming to have been told everything behind the scenes at GameStop Expo. That was the one with Towa w/ MIra and the SS/SSB versions of Goku and Vegeta being mutually exclusive picks on a team. DasVergeben did reference it in his original leak, but not in terms that can damn him by association.
Let's not get side-tracked for predicting that Soul Calibur would get announced in one the next big gaming events, with it's anniversary right around the corner. I remember someone here guessing how Ginyu would work, doesn't mean that person had any information. Like I said before, if you shoot in all directions you're bound to hit sometimes, even easier when your aim has a purpose and knowledge behind it.
I saw you say that before. I didn't want to get into it at the time, but frankly, it's absurd to call getting TMNT right a spray and pray hit. No one was shooting in that direction, nor was there any reason to. There wasn't all that much "shooting", i.e. claims for I2's DLC, going on either.

Like maybe I said before, that a supposed leaker seems to have a credible source doesn't mean you take it on faith. It's often a reason to be even more on guard; the best fake leaks are mixed with credible rumors to prime people to fall for the bullshit. Beyond that, even credible sources can be wrong sometimes. Easily accounted for with a little smarts mixed with a lot of dubiousness.
Last edited by Simere on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Noah wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:It's actually just a matter of time until new fans start calling "Male Kale" to Broly and that will be hilarious.
Maybe in your own little world, but not the real one as there's 0% chance Kale ever surpasses Broly in popularity.
My World is a big one and that's not what I said. I said new fans, the ones that DBS will be their first DB anime, will know Kale before Broly which will make them see Broly as a "Male Kale" in opposite to older fans who know Broly for a longer time.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:04 pm

Simere wrote:
Approaching speculation is a balancing act of the facts, the evidence, and the probability. When they get something right the scales are rebalanced accordingly. By how much is up to your individual assessment; for me, I'd call it a 5% shift. Getting January Direct (seemingly) right is another small shift.
A January Direct was already expected.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:07 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Simere wrote:
A January Direct was already expected.
Did I mention small?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:55 pm

So I guess that's the final roster? You have 3 Super characters, Hit, Beerus, and Goku Black Rose, along with SSJBlue Goku and Vegeta and Golden Freeza.

Aside from Android 21 possibly being playable, I think this is the final base roster of the game. I can't see too many more character reveals happening with the release fast approaching, so everyone else would be DLC candidates. I'm really surprised Radditz and Vegetto didn't make the cut.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:11 pm

All I need is Raditz and Zamasu now.... pleeeeeasse

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:03 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:All I need is Raditz and Zamasu now.... pleeeeeasse
I'm expecting Zamasu to be with Black in some fashion, since Rose Goku Black is shown.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:09 pm

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:Aaaaaand there's the Gohan trailer.
I like it.. its simple and plain.. much like Gohan when he fights in this state anyway.. Name me one super flashy thing Ultimate Gohan has done in either Z or Super?.. I'll wait lol. Nah I really do like it though. its a great contrast to much of the other characters who are spinning, blasting and teleporting all over the place.

Edit: I'm sure he'll probably hit REALLY freaking hard to make up for the lack of pizzazz. :P
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:33 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Higher res scan from last month's V-Jump, Beerus, Hit and Black actually were in the issue. .
Fan-fucking-tastic. Now I just need to see Vegetto and this game'll be officially perfect.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:53 am

I still need to see Gero, 5th Cooler, Super Boo and Janemba to call it truly perfect.

Bear

Post by Bear » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:46 am

Nickolaidas wrote:I still need to see Gero, 5th Cooler, Super Boo and Janemba to call it truly perfect.
Cooler and Janemba will most likely be DLC.
Big Green: And you say you're the prince of the Space Warriors.
Vejituh: Oh Big Green, face reali-TY!

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:11 am

Nickolaidas wrote:Great, so the Goku Team is already a lock for those who wanted it.

I swear, if the first DLC is base Goku, base Vegeta and base Goku Black, I'll ...

... buy the game regardless.

I don`t believe they will be but UL Goku is almost certainly a lock for a DLC.

After watching gameplay, I`m starting to wonder if you couldn`t simply have Blue vegeta and Goku instead of the Super Saiyan versions, iconic as it is.
Noah wrote:Maybe in your own little world, but not the real one as there's 0% chance Kale ever surpasses Broly in popularity.

Uh, really?

I think her being in Super, more recent and basically utilizing the basic strong guy look with an actual personality could maybe bump her up from that percentage.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:28 am

Olympian wrote:[quote="Nickolaidas"
Noah wrote:Maybe in your own little world, but not the real one as there's 0% chance Kale ever surpasses Broly in popularity.

Uh, really?

I think her being in Super, more recent and basically utilizing the basic strong guy look with an actual personality could maybe bump her up from that percentage.
Look at Marvel or DC comics. There are characters which were really popular back then, and now noone really cares about them. Everything can, and will change.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:48 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:I said new fans, the ones that DBS will be their first DB anime, will know Kale before Broly which will make them see Broly as a "Male Kale" in opposite to older fans who know Broly for a longer time.
Olympian wrote:Uh, really? I think her being in Super, more recent and basically utilizing the basic strong guy look with an actual personality could maybe bump her up from that percentage.
KayDash wrote:Look at Marvel or DC comics. There are characters which were really popular back then, and now noone really cares about them. Everything can, and will change.

Do you guys realize what is the Broly phenomenon in this franchise? A character that was introduced 24 years ago that was never part of the original work and it's popular as a main character? Starred in three movies (not discussing their quality), one 4D feature, is constantly present in video games, always get new forms from side products even though he's absent from core series? And that's probably the reason Kale is a thing in Super?

You may say a toddler that grew up watching Super would think Kale is 'cool' and that she came first, but eventually he will know/search about Broly, watch one of his movies and realize that he in fact came first and is more popular than her ever will be.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Bear wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:I still need to see Gero, 5th Cooler, Super Boo and Janemba to call it truly perfect.
Cooler and Janemba will most likely be DLC.
Depends on how much of that DLC will be focused on Super. Which, don't get me wrong, I'm all for it! But I really need to have the Frieza brothers as a team (now if King Cold could chip in and form the Frost Triad ... well, one can dream ...)

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Noah wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:I said new fans, the ones that DBS will be their first DB anime, will know Kale before Broly which will make them see Broly as a "Male Kale" in opposite to older fans who know Broly for a longer time.
Olympian wrote:Uh, really? I think her being in Super, more recent and basically utilizing the basic strong guy look with an actual personality could maybe bump her up from that percentage.
KayDash wrote:Look at Marvel or DC comics. There are characters which were really popular back then, and now noone really cares about them. Everything can, and will change.

Do you guys realize what is the Broly phenomenon in this franchise? A character that was introduced 24 years ago that was never part of the original work and it's popular as a main character? Starred in three movies (not discussing their quality), one 4D feature, is constantly present in video games, always get new forms from side products even though he's absent from core series? And that's probably the reason Kale is a thing in Super?

You may say a toddler that grew up watching Super would think Kale is 'cool' and that she came first, but eventually he will know/search about Broly, watch one of his movies and realize that he in fact came first and is more popular than her ever will be.
I totally agree with this. I hope one day people will stop bashing Broly and actually accept that he is very popular and can be really fun to use.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:23 pm

That's a pretty poor comparison, since both publishers exist in a cycle of introducing new characters to replace old ones, then getting screamed at by fans into abandoning the new characters in favor of the old ones. Marvel in particular is currently in full-on damage control mode for replacing huge swathes of their classic roster. People will always want the classics. Nobody wants to go to an old band's concert and be inundated with their new material.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:31 pm

The Super fans got their wish. I didn't mind blue versions at first but it's starting to annoy me. Really hoping for Janemba, Broly, Vegito (NOT blue!!), 5th form Cooler, and especially Majin Vegeta.