"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by KayDash » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:27 am

sintzu wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I overestimated Caulifla, Kale, and Kefla's popularity. I was sure at least one of them would make the DLC. Maybe somewhere further down the road?
http://www.animegamesonline.com/2018/02 ... ned-rumor/

Who knows if this'll happen or not but based on XV2 getting more characters than what was planned gives me hope we'll get more here as well.
jeffbr92 wrote:The first two are welcome, but more Goku and Vegeta? That's makes six of them! This starting to feel like Tenkaichi roster.
That'd be somewhat acceptable if we had more characters in the game or season pass but we don't so they bring the "new" characters down to 6. Hopefully this second season pass is true as that'll somewhat make up for it.
That S2 roster is more then likely fake, but S2 will also more then likely happen, unless global nuclear war breaks out or something, there's no reason to stop something that's profitable.

About base Goku/Vegeta, I have a question to everyone who reads this. Would you prefer just 6 new characters per season (like every other fighting game does), or you rather have 6 new + 2 clones/alternate versions?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:51 am

KayDash wrote:Would you prefer just 6 new characters per season (like every other fighting game does), or you rather have 6 new + 2 clones/alternate versions?
I'd take the 6 new ones alone as it won't cost as much or waste anyone's time.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:01 am

For the benefit of any non-Marvel vs Capcom fans in here:

http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:16 am

Kunzait_83 wrote:For the benefit of any non-Marvel vs Capcom fans in here:
Although they did that tech before in an other DBZ game:
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Spirit_Excalibur

If we are really going deep into "who did it first", then gotta mentoin:
https://youtu.be/niZDqSwmxBc?t=815
Which was probably the base idea for Captain Commando's team attack, because they somewhat function like a sentai hero team.

But it's a funny coincidence that both new characters have something that is present in classic MvsC. (Zamasu's 8-way flight being the other one)
sintzu wrote:
KayDash wrote:Would you prefer just 6 new characters per season (like every other fighting game does), or you rather have 6 new + 2 clones/alternate versions?
I'd take the 6 new ones alone as it won't cost as much or waste anyone's time.
You can still take just 6 new ones. I don't get how it wastes anyone's time though.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:38 am

They did a great job with Vegetto and that trailer actually feels like one. It's weird, I didn't count the time but I assume it was the same as previous trailers?
KayDash wrote:About base Goku/Vegeta, I have a question to everyone who reads this. Would you prefer just 6 new characters per season (like every other fighting game does), or you rather have 6 new + 2 clones/alternate versions?
It depends on the clones and if they are worth it. But in general I rather only be given 6 characters. We're reaching a point where this absurd quantity of Goku clones is damaging to the game, at the end of this DLC we'll have more than 10% of the roster as him, add Vegeta and 25% of the roster after DLC is two characters.

I know they don't all play the same but they look the same and it makes your fight's more repetitive. For a fighting game this is key. They should never have had two versions of Goku and Vegeta in the base game and another version if coming should only do so in a hypothetical Season 2.
It hurts even more when there's decent of cool and interesting characters untouched like Janemba, Dabra, Muten Roshi, Mr.Satan, Dr.Gero, Great Saiyaman/Videl, etc and I'm not even counting anyone from the ToP because it's so recent.

How I feel about the first DLC will be heavily affected by how the Base Saiyans play, if they go lazy and have them share normals and attacks bar exceptions with their other versions then I won't be happy.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:42 am

KayDash wrote:If we are really going deep into "who did it first", then gotta mentoin:
https://youtu.be/niZDqSwmxBc?t=815
Which was probably the base idea for Captain Commando's team attack, because they somewhat function like a sentai hero team.
That Sentai series is from the early 2000s (*checks Google*: 2001). MvC1 was 1998. Soooo... yeah, that's totally wrong. Unless there's an older Sentai series with that same attack that I'm not thinking of (entirely possible) then Captain Commando, of the examples presented here anyway, is the one with first dibs on this.

Honestly though, I'm sure there's plenty of older pre-MvC examples of attacks like this one in tons of Japanese media: the particular example you provided just ain't one of them.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:11 am

In general, I don't like that we have 3 versions of Goku and 3 versions of Vegeta, it is too much. In general, it could be just Vegeta and Goku with reach movelist and transformations, maybe. Something like SFV Necalli, for instance.
Also, I don't want Android 17, actually. It would be better to rework Android 18 instead, making them into real duo with ability to switch characters on the fly. Actually, I don't know, but it is, IMHO,stupid to have Android 17 as assisst for Android 18 and as separate character.
Btw, Tien, IMHO, need rework. It is the worst character, moveset desing wise. He has a lot of moves in canon and they choosed just few of them. Z2 Team is making better version Tien. Just look this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd2BEg0jOb8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Sy1yxa6hI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPbqUVY0GvM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg_FEasgaCU
Chiaotzu has more moves. Tien has more moves. He even has four arms and multiform as supers.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:52 pm

If Goku is using the Genki Dama (which I think is very likely) and Vegeta is transforming into a Great Ape (less likely, but could happen), then I understand why a base Goku and Vegeta are there, given they've only been shown to use those techniques in their base form. Otherwise, there isn't any point in them from my perspective.

Judging from the trailer for SSGSS Vegetto, I'm guessing SS Vegetto likely won't be a thing in this game. Their hypothetical movesets wouldn't be significantly different enough, given SSGSS Vegetto is already using some of the moves and poses he used against Buu while SS. I could be totally wrong though.

Speaking about SSGSS Vegetto, I really hope there will be a special interaction between him and Beerus in the game. That wasn't present in Xenoverse 2 (though Beerus had a special interaction with SS4 Gogeta praising the latter's power), not to mention Beerus never met Vegetto in Super.
Last edited by TheShadowEmperor8055 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:52 pm

Nothing makes me more irritated than Kid Buu with lag in this game. Ok connection with him is annoying due to his ridiculous mix-ups, but with lag I almost threw my controller. It's impossible to try and predict him at that point, all hope is lost.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue May 01, 2018 3:42 am

Well I've finally gone ahead and bought the game. Got it for £27 brand new and sealed off of Ebay. That price might end up being too good to be true so hopefully it's all genuine and everything.

And I also hope the game is good in general. I just finished up with Xenoverse 2. Not a bad game but the fighting is a bit repetitive.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Tue May 01, 2018 6:49 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:If Goku is using the Genki Dama (which I think is very likely) and Vegeta is transforming into a Great Ape (less likely, but could happen), then I understand why a base Goku and Vegeta are there, given they've only been shown to use those techniques in their base form. Otherwise, there isn't any point in them from my perspective.
The reason why I'm not disappointed by their inclusion (while I'd also like Janemba, Dabura or even Android 20) is that they actually have a 7-8 of moves from the 23rd Tournament/Saiyans/Namek sagas which the SSJ/SSB versions don't have, and knowing ArcSys I'm 100% sure they will walk the extra mile to implement most of them.
Other then those moves, they can give Goku an 8-way flight (like Zamasu) with the Kintoun. They have far more material to work with this time, then with the SSBs.

Btw, I had a post back then, when Ginyu is revealed that game now basically has all of Buyū Retsuden's roster.
With Vegetto's announcement, now we also have Hyper Dimension's! :mrgreen:

(also, the only one left from Xtreme Butoden is S̶o̶n̶i̶c̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶H̶e̶d̶g̶e̶h̶o̶g̶ Raditz, but it's unlikely to see him in S1 DLC.)

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:52 am

KayDash wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
(also, the only one left from Xtreme Butoden is S̶o̶n̶i̶c̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶H̶e̶d̶g̶e̶h̶o̶g̶ Raditz, but it's unlikely to see him in S1 DLC.)
It still chaffs me that the only character from Extreme Butoden not in this game is my favorite character.
Hopefully, he will be in Season 2 (there is no reason why this game will not have Season 2 DLC).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Tue May 01, 2018 8:49 am

VegettoEX wrote:
majinwarman wrote:Now that it has been a four months, do anyone believe that this game can last past a year in its lifetime? Do you think in two years you will continue to play this game ?
Absolutely. Fighting games with solid fundamentals that encourage learning and growth are played for many, many years. It's fun to play, it's fun to win, it's fun to lose, it's fun to experiment, it's fun to chill out with, and it's fun to share with people.
I'm glad that you enjoy the game. I love playing the game even though I suck at it.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:40 pm

KayDash wrote:With Vegetto's announcement, now we also have Hyper Dimension's! :mrgreen:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
No as we don't have Majin Vegeta, yet.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue May 01, 2018 9:42 pm

So how hard is this game to get the Platinum Trophy for? I've been able to get the Platinum for a few like Ultimate Tenkaichi and Xenoverse 2 but then not Raging Blast or Xenoverse.

Is it hard or time consuming?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue May 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Bullza wrote:So how hard is this game to get the Platinum Trophy for? I've been able to get the Platinum for a few like Ultimate Tenkaichi and Xenoverse 2 but then not Raging Blast or Xenoverse.

It requires some skill and good internet connection.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue May 01, 2018 10:26 pm

Bullza wrote:So how hard is this game to get the Platinum Trophy for? I've been able to get the Platinum for a few like Ultimate Tenkaichi and Xenoverse 2 but then not Raging Blast or Xenoverse.

It won't be hard really except 2 trophies.

Getting a BP score of 530,000 on Ranked Matches and earning 20,000,000 zeni total.

For the BP, if you have the fundamentals (or if you ride that meta) it shouldn't be too difficult, I plan on finishing it pretty soon when Vegito comes out.

For the zeni however...You are going to grind. A lot. You can do all Story Modes on easy and hard mode, do all challenges, tutorials, arcade AND Z Union bonuses and get only around 2,500,000-3,000,000. It's why I'm gonna wait until a potential update that makes getting zeni easier, or wait for little events that they give you zeni (like celebrating DLC pack 1 gave people 300,000 zeni for free, I hope they do that for all characters)
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed May 02, 2018 12:58 am

I think I'd heard it was a real grind to get the 20 million.

Might not Plat this one then.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu May 03, 2018 6:07 pm

Logania wrote: For the zeni however...You are going to grind. A lot. You can do all Story Modes on easy and hard mode, do all challenges, tutorials, arcade AND Z Union bonuses and get only around 2,500,000-3,000,000. It's why I'm gonna wait until a potential update that makes getting zeni easier, or wait for little events that they give you zeni (like celebrating DLC pack 1 gave people 300,000 zeni for free, I hope they do that for all characters)
I'm waiting for an update that gives me the 18,000,000 Zeni that I'm missing to platinum this. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:49 pm

Merged Zamasu stats are better than the overall roster?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.