"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by New_Guy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:41 pm

At this point I hope Rild gets in so at least GT Goku wouldn't be alone as a series representative. He's an early adversary for non-ssj4 Goku and I'm certain there's no room for Redjic so I believe Rild would make sense if anything.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:59 pm

So, basically, this is GT Goku, OG Goku and Path to Power Goku all in one character...

Better than I expected, but still disappointing and still a wasted slot.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:02 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:59 pm So, basically, this is GT Goku, OG Goku and Path to Power Goku all in one character...

Better than I expected, but still disappointing and still a wasted slot.
DB Goku's always welcome for me. All we need is a Daimao skin for Piccolo :thumbup:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:26 pm

New_Guy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:41 pm At this point I hope Rild gets in so at least GT Goku wouldn't be alone as a series representative. He's an early adversary for non-ssj4 Goku and I'm certain there's no room for Redjic so I believe Rild would make sense if anything.
Rildo has very low chance to appear although he was just announced for Legends so who knows. Still, it makes much more sense for Pan, Baby Vegeta or Omega Shenron to appear. If not them, then there is Nuova Shenron, Majuub and Super 17. I don't think Rildo will appear but it's cool to see him make his first real and world wide playable debut in Legends. SDBH World Mission should have Rildo as well.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:03 pm

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:11 pm So rooflemonger just made another video on this and mentioned that a source of his who predicted GT Goku has said Janemba is next. He did say take it with a grain of salt but that it could be true, so we'll see.
This will definitely improve the mood of many FighterZ fans if true.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:28 pm

given kid goku has spirit bomb, I suspect there'd be a dramatic finish as a choice, so possibly Omega Shenron? I mean Baby has the white hair but still.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:03 pm
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:11 pm So rooflemonger just made another video on this and mentioned that a source of his who predicted GT Goku has said Janemba is next. He did say take it with a grain of salt but that it could be true, so we'll see.
What would be "theme" of such pack though?
Goku + Pan could be "Kids"
Goku + Baby could be "Saiyan vs Tuffles"
and so on. All of them could also simply be "GT" packs like in Xenoverse 1.

I can't find anything GT Goku and Janemba have in common.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:17 pm

^ They both have a weapon, and a different one for each of them (could have been Janemba and Dabra, but it would have made two swords instead of bringing various weapons, plus two bad demons).

Honestly, this is farfetched, I believe that since C-17 and Cooler (even though they could form a "brothers" pack according to some people, it doesn't seem that obvious to me) and especially since Jiren and Videl, they don't really care if the additions form a coherent pack or not.

My guess is that if it forms a coherent pack, like New Gogeta + New Broly, they're all for it and they might even create new Dramatic Finishes, but I think that they also don't care anymore if they want to add characters that don't belong to a coherent pack, they'll just toss them together anyway or even release them one at a time just like with C-17 and Cooler.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:38 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:34 pm
Nickolaidas wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:03 pm
What would be "theme" of such pack though?
Goku + Pan could be "Kids"
Goku + Baby could be "Saiyan vs Tuffles"
and so on. All of them could also simply be "GT" packs like in Xenoverse 1.

I can't find anything GT Goku and Janemba have in common.
Well what do Jiren and Videl have in common? Or Cooler and 17? A lot of people have speculated that they'll release the rest of the S2 characters 1 at a time anyway, to spread the hype out a bit. And at least if Janemba makes it in he might have a dramatic finish with Gogeta when he eventually drops.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:55 pm

Jiren and Videl theme is "superheroes"

17 and Cooler is "brothers"

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:26 pm

Wait, now that I think about it, it's not even possible to face DLC characters in the Arcade mode, right?
They haven't updated the various teams you can encounter, taking advantage of the numerous new characters to create new thematic teams if I'm not mistaken.
That's a shame to be deprived of DLC characters in the main solo mode outside of the story. It would be easy to slap three characters together and give a name to the thematic team. Well, I guess that one might argue that you can create your own fights with the settings you want in the free battle mode, but still...

God, I hope Dramatic Finishes will finally make a comeback with one of the upcoming DLCs too.
I mean, Gogeta VS Broly seems like a given, and so does Gogeta VS Janemba if he's indeed added.
Hmm, thinking of it, the alternate color for Gogeta will probably be his movie colors (orange shoulders and blue belt) but they could also turn his hair gold. People would literally have the DBS "Super Saiyan Blue" Gogeta and the DBZ "Super Saiyan" Gogeta with one simple recolor.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:47 pm

the color is still purple
piccolo or tao?
janemba or kefla

I do not think necessarily the characters have to do with a pair now
Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:43 am
mute_proxy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:06 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:58 pm
good as much sense as adding a GT character in Super - Z game

at this point the last character can be anyone
it could even be piccolo daimao
It was never written to be a Z- Super game only.
Exactly. Saying GT shouldn’t be in the game because it’s “muh canon only” is such an asinine excuse. Plenty of games in the past, explicitly using the Z title have had DB and GT characters.
I suppose you should read again because nobody said that, only that it does not make sense at this point
they could add them before instead of repeating the same characters

story mode and all the previous list of characters and the games before do not have to change something

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:05 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:47 pm the color is still purple
piccolo or tao?
janemba or kefla

I do not think necessarily the characters have to do with a pair now
Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:43 am
mute_proxy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:06 pm

It was never written to be a Z- Super game only.
Exactly. Saying GT shouldn’t be in the game because it’s “muh canon only” is such an asinine excuse. Plenty of games in the past, explicitly using the Z title have had DB and GT characters.
I suppose you should read again because nobody said that, only that it does not make sense at this point
they could add them before instead of repeating the same characters

story mode and all the previous list of characters and the games before do not have to change something
It's Janemba, apparently.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:37 am

good Kid Goku GT seems to be better than I thought
it seems that they tried to do something more unique by mixing goku GT and goku OG
I do not think we have another GT character that matches the purple
I will be happy if it turns out to be kefla or janemba
A long time ago there was a rumor that said that videl and caulifla would be playable and they were right with videl I hope it is false because the movements that I was supposed to have caulifla I did not like.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:09 pm

No skins have been announced for Kid Goku, right? This is begging for a Gohan and Kame Sennin skin. They could even include the Saiyan armor from Minus.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:41 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:09 pm No skins have been announced for Kid Goku, right? This is begging for a Gohan and Kame Sennin skin. They could even include the Saiyan armor from Minus.
Probably because he can turn SS3 and maybe SS4

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:43 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:41 pmProbably because he can turn SS3 and maybe SS4
Oh, right... What a waste.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:45 pm

Listening to the Castle Superbeast podcast (aka Pat and Woolie formerly of Super Best Friends) talking about the GT Goku news and they sound so dejected and mocking. Where's Master Roshi? Where's Launch? Where are the Tournament of Power people? Where's the variety? This is what I mean when I say it's a bad look.

You want this game to attract an audience outside the usual Budokai/Xenoverse/Heroes "Dragonball games" audience? Don't treat it like those games.

Pokesamus217

Post by Pokesamus217 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:07 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:45 pm Listening to the Castle Superbeast podcast (aka Pat and Woolie formerly of Super Best Friends) talking about the GT Goku news and they sound so dejected and mocking. Where's Master Roshi? Where's Launch? Where are the Tournament of Power people? Where's the variety? This is what I mean when I say it's a bad look.

You want this game to attract an audience outside the usual Budokai/Xenoverse/Heroes "Dragonball games" audience? Don't treat it like those games.
Launch.... Really? I can get the others, but who the hell is asking for Launch?

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:56 pm

Pokesamus217 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:07 pm
Kataphrut wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:45 pm Listening to the Castle Superbeast podcast (aka Pat and Woolie formerly of Super Best Friends) talking about the GT Goku news and they sound so dejected and mocking. Where's Master Roshi? Where's Launch? Where are the Tournament of Power people? Where's the variety? This is what I mean when I say it's a bad look.

Launch.... Really? I can get the others, but who the hell is asking for Launch?
I have seen a few jokey requests for her. I think it's more the principle of the thing- this franchise has a huge well of untapped potential which is being ignored in favour of multiple variants of existing characters. The fact that we're not even getting the version of Kid Goku from Dragon Ball, who would be a fine choice if there weren't so many Gokus before him (because if he can't fly or turn his hair yellow, audiences don't care I guess) says it all.