"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by KayDash » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:56 pm

At least revived villains can be explained quiet easily, as they already did numerous times in the franchise... But what could explain Teen Gohan's presence in the post-Resurrection 'F' era? :)

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:27 pm

They could easily insert him in #18 story arc, apparently we'll get to know more about her past. Or you know ignore him, there's no need to shove all the characters in the story mode just for the sake of it.

Arcade Mode should exist and include all characters.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:38 pm

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:So what version is everyone getting?

Referring to console and specific edition.
PC, and Switch if it comes out for that. Willing to pay for this game twice because it's honestly something I can see myself playing for the rest of my life.
It'll be between the "FighterZ" edition and the "Ultimate" edition, depending on what that Commentator Voice Pack brings. If there is even a single commentator that says "Tenshinhan" instead of "Tien", I'm grabbin' it.
Yeah, this is a game I can definitely see myself playing for a good while. I've always wanted a DBZ fighter on this level, so it should be great.

Really interested in who the 8 DLC characters will be. I have a feeling it'll be filled with Super/Movie characters. I just hope Beerus is on the base roster.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:41 am

TGN Anime explains what we know about the Dragon Ball system, and it somewhat changed my mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERsZH5HHjo

So it seems you can also get the balls from just doing auto-combos, and when the two players collected the all the 7 DBs, it will summon Shen Long after the next auto-combo. This is somewhat better then I tought, because at least it won't happen in the middle of the combo, and won't possibly cost you the match.
Still, it's not 100% confirmed by Bamco that it's tied into a different game mode, or not, that's just what Rhymestyle thinks. It seems a lot of people are worried about how this mechanic will kill the game for the tournament/high level players... I was also worried a bit, but then I reminded myself of how infinite combos (a totally game-breaking thing) became a part of high level play in Mahvel. I think DB wishes are still a much more fair mechanic, after all both the players have the right to do the 1st auto-combo after the DBs are all collected, and a wish is just an advantage, not an instant win.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:37 pm

KayDash wrote:TGN Anime explains what we know about the Dragon Ball system, and it somewhat changed my mind:
1) We don't know that only one player gets the wish — we can see the "1" for, presumably, player 1, but it could be that they take turns selecting
2) It's not auto combos, it's dynamics — not all auto combos are dynamics
3) Shenlong is summoned immediately upon collecting the last ball — their heads obscure the visual count, but you can manually count each instance

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:52 pm

Simere wrote:
KayDash wrote:TGN Anime explains what we know about the Dragon Ball system, and it somewhat changed my mind:
1) We don't know that only one player gets the wish — we can see the "1" for, presumably, player 1, but it could be that they take turns selecting
2) It's not auto combos, it's dynamics — not all auto combos are dynamics
3) Shenlong is summoned immediately upon collecting the last ball — their heads obscure the visual count, but you can manually count each instance
1) You are right, in that case it would be even less of a "ballance issue".
2) I don't really understand what do you mean here.
3) Still, the summon seemingly does not interrupts the combo, so this way it is less likely to ruin the game for you if you were on the offensive.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:52 pm

KayDash wrote:2) I don't really understand what do you mean here.
Dynamics are the ones that cause the system message "Dynamic" to pop up. It's only those, not every auto combo.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:34 pm

I read the last pages and...

I wonder if Ginyu can use Guldo's Paralysis in battle, didn't like much that Chaozu's self destruct is one of Tien assists :|

Not digging much the story, it feels like a weird fanfic to me, but I'm really interested in the supposed Android #21 transformation :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:07 am

Frankly I like that the suicide dive is a special. It was a pivotal moment for either character. I just want it to steal more bar and Ten being awarded with Kiai but with Chiatzu`s mechanics there maybe they feel it would be too much one slot.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:09 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:So what version is everyone getting?

Referring to console and specific edition.
PC, just the basic one.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:45 am

i will be getting the ps4 version along with the season pass
My English is poor .

New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by New_Guy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:14 am

Really hoping some of the dlc is GT based. It's been awhile since they've been playable (in both regions) not counting DB Fusions. Been wanting to play as Baby for a long time and not his Vegeta possession form. Not everyone has access to Dragon Ball heroes :/

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:57 pm

The Official Hori DBFZ Arcade Stick:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201711/08145654.html
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:The Official Hori DBFZ Arcade Stick:

The black stick and buttons are a weird combo with that colorful interior graphics...

Of course you can mod it, but then there's no point buying a DBFZ edition.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:15 am

Fightstick looks like crap. Really lazy.

The only reason I'd get is it because I like the Sega layout more than the Vewlix one that's on every other fightstick out there.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:39 am

KayDash wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:The Official Hori DBFZ Arcade Stick:

The black stick and buttons are a weird combo with that colorful interior graphics...

Of course you can mod it, but then there's no point buying a DBFZ edition.
That's outright ugly.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:35 pm

Feels like I've been waiting forever for the next characters reveal, but that's just the side effect caused by IGN's lies.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:00 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Feels like I've been waiting forever for the next characters reveal, but that's just the side effect caused by IGN's lies.
Yeah, same here.
Judging from how it happened in the past months it's still two weaks to go. :( (likely Jump reveals will happen around Nov. 21-22.)

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:23 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Feels like I've been waiting forever for the next characters reveal, but that's just the side effect caused by IGN's lies.
Yeah, not a lot of characters have been shown yet for this game (which I think will be the next BIG game). I just know I'm gonna use the shit out of SSB Vegetto and Ultra Instinct Goku. :D

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:10 am

I would love to see shirtless, battle damaged UI Goku as DLC. Then I would need Hit, Black Goku and Jiren too to be truly happy.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical