Do we really need 5 Vegetas?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Do we really need 5 Vegetas?

Post by Anonymous Friend » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:26 am

In Budokai Tenkaichi 2 we have 5 different Vegetas and four different Gohans. Now, I'm a reasonable person. I can accept that Saiyan Saga Vegeta needed to be there, and I understand that Base adult Goku never actually transforms into SSJ4. And if your gonna have a seperate Goku SSJ4 we might as well have seperate SSJ4 Vegeta. But what the HFIL do we need three other Vegetas when one would have done it? Both regular forms share most of the same moves and they could have just added different costumes. The Majin could have been something where if you're at Base of SSJ1 you can chose to go to either SSJ2 or Majin, with the Majin option being permanent.

Also, why do we have to separate the Andriod/Cyborg versions of Freeza and Cooler? It would have made a really nice cutscene just like in Budokai 3. But without the you dying requirement.[/b]
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

SuperFusion
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperFusion » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:50 am

No, they really don't need 5 Vegetas. But that's how they have a reason to advertise 120+ characters.

Deus ex Machina

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:02 am

It seems a bit excessive, but I could see where they were coming from when they designed it that way. After all it wouldn't make a lot of sense for "Majin" to be a transformation, or mecha Freeza and Meta Coola.

Vegeta is just one of those characters who under went so many radical changes over the course of the series, it almost necessitates several different playable versions.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:06 am

Heck, counting Bebi-Vegeta, that's 6 Vegetas in the game; rivaling Goku's many incarnations in Final Bout. :shock:
14 years later

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:57 am

It's to keep you busy building up custom fighters for the same character.. even though there are certain moves Vegeta would only use at certain times.
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:03 am

Well, if you get the Saiyan saga and SS4 transformation then I can help explain the other 3.

Cell saga is when Vegeta gets a new spiffy suit and better and cooler attacks and Vegeta only goes Super Vegeta in this saga, so this one is needed. Buu saga has a much more tame and less amour ( :shock: ) Vegeta, with about the same basic moves and stronger ones and the SSJ2 transformation, and this one is okay too.

Majin Vegeta is well, a ruthless killer and with a really good finishing move but having it a transformation is not bad but maybe when you want to transform you will hear the locked on sound and Vegeta will turn his head, you will see Babidi chanting something and Vegeta will then transform into Majin Vegeta.

Wow, :shock: this is quite a long post.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:46 am

Conan the SSJ wrote:Heck, counting Bebi-Vegeta, that's 6 Vegetas in the game; rivaling Goku's many incarnations in Final Bout. :shock:
Ugh. Don't even remind me. As a "GT" game, Kid, Kid SSj, and SSj4 would've been more than enough...

..But SSj4 Goku is awesome in that game...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:34 pm

I don't see a problem with multiple Vegetas. Look at it like this:

Bebi Vegeta is ok to seperate because he's different enough, and Vegeta's being possessed anyway.

Saiyan Saga Vegeta goes Oozaru instead of Super Saiyan, so he needs to be seperate.

Majin Vegeta is a special case, like Metal Freeza and Cooler. Being able to transform into it at any time is just silly. "Hey Babidi! Possess me!" "Hey Father! *cuts off lower body* Reconstruct me!"

The last split is a matter of taste, I guess, but I don't see any problem with putting Ultra Super Saiyan with Cell Saga Vegeta and Super Saiyan 2 with Buu Saga Vegeta.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:19 pm

I want Vegeta with the badman shirt.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:45 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I want Vegeta with the badman shirt.
I second this. Why oh why has this not been an alternate outfit?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:48 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I want Vegeta with the badman shirt.
Amen. :lol:

Hell, if they're throwing in late Freeza-arc armor Veggie as an alternate outfit for Vegeta (Scouter), then why is Cell-arc Vegeta's alternate outfit a black palette swap and not the BADMAN shirt? :x
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:44 pm

BADMAN Vegeta would be easily my favorite if he were playable.
I can imagine his battle cries in duel mode now...

"I'm a warrior not a variety of flower!"
"Men in pink?!"
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

future_trunks
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by future_trunks » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:36 pm

Aww jeez what I would give for a badman Vegeta.

I think it definatly makes sense to have more than one form of Vegeta because of different moves and transformations at the time of the battle. please don't call me a hypocryte because of my oozaru comments
Cuz you're an ocean, you're an ocean, settle down settle down what's the commotion?

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:09 pm

I understand why there are so many, but it does create certain flaws. Example, I wanted to show a friend the cutscene when Goku first fights Vegeta. She didn't believe me when I said Naruto is part- Dragon Ball inspired, so I wanted her to hear the whole potential decided at birth/hard work/etc speech (and the game was on and it was faster than fishing out a DVD).

Well the fight itself was pathetic. Space Pirate Vegeta vs SSJ3 Goku :p

I think they needed less "alt saga" characters and more alt costumes. Vegetas bad man shirt. How about the general GT look, non-Bebi possessed. Hell, this isnt Vegeta, but I seriously want homeboy Piccolo from the driving episode.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:57 pm

Then don't go SSJ3 when fighting "Space Pirate Vegeta" =P

As to this idea
Anonymous Friend wrote: The Majin could have been something where if you're at Base of SSJ1 you can chose to go to either SSJ2 or Majin, with the Majin option being permanent.
And how would you propose that? As far as I'm aware you need to tap up or down on the right analogue stick to change forms. Hmm, I guess they could've made it so that tapping right or left on the thing would trigger Majin. But all in all I understand why they did that for simplicity's sake. DBZ fans and fighting game veterans can potentially be two entirely seperate entities after all.

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:35 pm

Heck, ONE is bad enough.

<_<
>_>

Sorry.

I agree three is to many. Frankly I feel they should have three tops, and that applies for every character. I like the idea of Goku being to transform into Super Saiyan 4. I don't care if that's correct or not, I prefer it that way. Same goes for Majin Vegeta. I don't care if it's a proper transformation or not, I'd prefer to be able to transform into it after Super Saiyan 2. After having lord knows how many DBZ games that all have the same featues that copies a show we've seen many times, I prefer tweeks like the ones I mentioned to add a small breath of fresh air into otherwise old characters.

Dizzyegg05
Not-So-Newbie

Choices

Post by Dizzyegg05 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:51 pm

At the end of the day peeps .I LOVE having the choice. yeah.

You dont have to use all the fighters,to be honest i wish they had GT regular veggie too as well as kid veggie and Goku JNR. Always next time i guess. I would love another dedicated GT game and dont even go there with that Transformations trash.

Best DBZ game is supersonic warriors series . NO contest
Invisble Story of my life!

TAS
Beyond Newbie

Post by TAS » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:30 am

Budokai's way of doing it all always seemed better to me, ie you just have one single version of every character (cept Goku and Gohan, more about that later) and then just customize them whatever way you want.

Now with any character that has diffrient ages (like Goku and Gohan) there still doesn't need to be more then one of them, because you essentialy can just make all the diffrient forms (kid, adult) extra costumes, and what I mean by this is with Gohan for example, he'd only take up one space on the select screen, and when you'd highlight him you'd be able to cycle through all his forms, costumes, etc (Great Saiyaman applies to this as well) but of course you'd have to program, animate, etc, the forms serperately for things like hit boxes/ditection, so in the end while you the player is basicly looking at Gohan as one the computer/engine would recognize them all as being seperate in terms of stuff like hit ditection, and then as far as the moves go you can customize Gohan anyway you want. For instance you can have stuff like Super Saiyan 2 and the Super Kamehameha in your set up and use one of Gohan's kid forms, or whatever costume/form you want. Same applies to Goku, Vegeta, etc.

As far as the "set up" goes for moves though, I'd get rid of all support items (strength up, etc) and just have Move Set Up and Transformation Set Up sheets, like you'd be able to pick any 4 moves for your Move Set Up and any 4 transformations for your Transformation Set Up. Obviously some characters will have more moves at their disposal (like Cell) or transformations (like Vegeta) but you could also have a seperate Free Mode where you could assign any 4 moves to any character (kinda like how Super DBZ's custom set up is)

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:00 am

My brother is a huge Vegeta fan and even he thinks the Cell Saga Vegeta and Buu Saga Vegeta could have been the same character with alternate outfits.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:34 am

I personally think it's a good idea, it's for the sake of completness.
I also think that there should be GT Vegeta and his Super Saiyan form before Super Saiyan 4. Also, and everyone will try to cook me and eat me now, I think there should be more Goku's as well, diferent sagas=diferent Goku's.

In the Saiyan Saga Goku had Kaioken and a hand sized Genkidama.
Freeza Saga he could go Super Saiyan and had the big sized Genkidama.
Cell Saga we got the Shunkanido and Warp Kamehameha.
Buu Saga we got Super Saiyan 2 and 3, Super Kamehameha, Dragon Fist, an even bigger Genkidama.
GT we got the now "chibi" Goku and Super Saiyan 1 and 3, then 4 and Dragon Fist again and 10x Kamehameha.

Well, there's some more moves but you get the idea, there are also diferent costumes. I'm not saying that all those should be diferent characters, I'm just stating the diferences, some of them could be merged in more then one way, but yes, I do believe there should be more then one adult Goku.

If I could make a Vegeta fanboy comment, we need even more vegetas! Dx King Vegeta! Vegeta Jr.! GT Vegeta! Kid Vegeta! Future Vegeta! Pseudo-Vegeta! *get's smacked in the head* ok I'll stop ;_;