New Dragon Ball Online Magazine Scans

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

snaku
Regular

New Dragon Ball Online Magazine Scans

Post by snaku » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:59 am

Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:12 am

It looks like Akira Toriyama is doing the designs. That's a good thing, I guess...

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:46 am

Neato. Character customization galore, and it looks like Goku and company are NPCs. Seems we've confirmed a time period.
Mayuri Furiza Kurotsuchi wrote:It looks like Akira Toriyama is doing the designs. That's a good thing, I guess...
Yup, that too.

Can we get some transliz-ations up in this biz, dawgs?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:09 am

Oh my God! That looks so awesome. The only problem is I probably won't beable to get it because of the following

1) If its a PC game my computer hasn't got enough space and my parents wouldn't let me use the main computer (Which I'm on at the moment) to play a game.
2) If its for the PS2 or Gamecube it would require getting the hardware/Software to link to the Internet and move the console to the room with a Computer in.
3) If its for the PS3 or X-Box I'm not getting those consoles anyway let alone for only one game.

But if its for a console I own (or plan to own) and has a non online play mode I'll definatly get it.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:43 am

I'm hoping this is a PC game since well... the only other new thing I've got that plays games is my DS Lite.

I'm normally not into the whole character custom thing, but these look pretty interesting. I mean look at that Piccolo/Saibaiman crossbreed :shock:!
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:27 pm

Gaiash wrote:Oh my God! That looks so awesome. The only problem is I probably won't beable to get it because of the following

1) If its a PC game my computer hasn't got enough space and my parents wouldn't let me use the main computer (Which I'm on at the moment) to play a game.
2) If its for the PS2 or Gamecube it would require getting the hardware/Software to link to the Internet and move the console to the room with a Computer in.
3) If its for the PS3 or X-Box I'm not getting those consoles anyway let alone for only one game.
4) If it's never released in America, being a game released in Korea. It certainly wouldn't be the first time an Anime franchise MMO has been passed over for an American adaption.

I really wish we could translate this. I'm particularly interested in the box titled 'STAGE'. :) And I find the fighting-Bulma to be very amusing... Do I notice a scouter on her face?
Last edited by MisterFlashdude on Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Taku128

Post by Taku128 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:29 pm

I hope it's on a console, the computer at my dad's house sucks, and he won't let me bring over my computer. But even more so then that, I just hope there's an American release. I doubt Atari would pass up any Dragon Ball game though, especially since they're bringing over the new DS card based RPG.

So what magazine is this a scan from? Based on the V in the corners, my guess is V-Jump, but is it from some Korean V-Jump, or is the Japanese V-Jump covering it? If so, it's possible there'll be a Japanese release of the game.
­

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:36 pm

MisterFlashdude wrote:
Gaiash wrote:Oh my God! That looks so awesome. The only problem is I probably won't beable to get it because of the following

4) If it's never released in America, being a game released in Korea. It certainly wouldn't be the first time an Anime franchise MMO has been passed over for an American adaption.

I really wish we could translate this. I'm particularly interested in the box titled 'STAGE'. :) And I find the fighting-Bulma to be very amusing... Do I notice a scouter on her face?
Good point, though I personaly would be more worried about it not coming to the UK.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:39 pm

Taku128 wrote:So what magazine is this a scan from? Based on the V in the corners, my guess is V-Jump, but is it from some Korean V-Jump, or is the Japanese V-Jump covering it?
It's (the Japanese magazine) V Jump.

The game takes place in Age 1000, i.e. more than 200 years after Gokû left with Oob. 'Looks like Trunks appears as part (whole?) of the "time patrol".

Prince Vegeta
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Prince Vegeta » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:08 pm

That guy next to the Pan-looking Girl looks like a fusion between Goku and Gohan :D.......doesn't it???
I think everybody should know that the Internet is serious business.
-Duo

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:32 pm

I hope this makes it to a console so badly! I don't really play computer games.

THIS is something I would buy a ps3 for.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:02 pm

*Continues doing happy dances because is a PC Gamer*
deviantART
[thread]

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:22 pm

Chuquita wrote:I don't really play computer games.
All the more reason for it to be one. I'd definitely introduce myself to the PC gaming genre if this game were available for it.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:28 pm

Well...would it be like a regular rpg? I guess if people I know had it I might give it a shot on the pc.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:34 pm

Chuquita wrote:Well...would it be like a regular rpg? I guess if people I know had it I might give it a shot on the pc.
Provided it gets an English release, count me in.
deviantART
[thread]

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:45 pm

First thought upon seeing the character designs: Will we be seeing female Super Saiyans somewhere down the line?

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:15 pm

I guess this is really serious then, huh? I find those weird, hybrid characters kind of weird ("Gohan", was it? Tee Hee).I'm not the kind of person that would give WoW a try but its it DragonBall related and if Toriyama had some sort of involvement, I'll get it.
SonGokuGT wrote:First thought upon seeing the character designs: Will we be seeing female Super Saiyans somewhere down the line?
Probably. RPGs let you anything you want for the most part. If players knew they couldn't go SSj if they were females, they wouldn't bother picking a female player (for the most part anyway).
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:27 pm

Looks awesome. Maybe someone can translate the text? Also, thank Kami its for PC. I didn't want to get a PS3 for this... :?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:59 pm

Now I know who those two look like! I'm really tired today so it just hit me now, the girl looks like she could be Trunks and Pan's daughter and the guy looks like he could be Goten and Parisu's (Palace, whatever she's called on this board) son.

I don't bother with gt pairings and such but the examples make me think "that's probably what he or she would look like".
Originally the girl gave off a "Vegeta and Bulma's other daughter?" feeling, but then I realized Vegeta probably wouldn't let his daughter wear a Goku-ish gi dress. XD
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Miesteron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Miesteron » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:00 pm

If I can make a Namekian with a 'fro, then this is one MMORPG I'll definately be buying. From the earlier screenshots, it looked a little too much like the ill-fated King of Fighters MMO.. not so much, now. There's hope for this one yet, it seems.