Dragonball Z Sparking! Meteor

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri May 25, 2007 2:48 pm

With regard to the tournemant mode, I do beleive something has to change. I do like the idea that you are only aloud to jump (why have a jump button if no one uses it). I also beleive that there should be an option to turn of the ring out. Maybe also have to the to blowup part of the arena and send your opponent flying thru and fight in the city. And also, allow me to use a Ultimate blast and blow up the battle area and defeat your opponent.

Also, they need to fix the Random Selecter. I'll tell it to chose a random custom character and they're not custom.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Fri May 25, 2007 5:55 pm

All of those attacks that should destroy the planet? Umm... Let them destroy the planet. Or like... make big craters with lava and junk, until there's nowhere to land that doesn't do added damage when your power's low (Because lava didn't work on Broli...), and... Urm... have it get higher in the unlikely event the destruction on the massive scale continues before someone loses? So essentially the planet is destroyed in slow motion so the fight doesn't automatically end, but there are still consequences? ...

And while we're at it, let the characters fly into space. And if they aren't of the Anarobic variety, have them lose ki and health while ridiculously high. And for added flare, have the occasional meteor--just small enough to not destroy the earth, but big enough to cause a bruise if it isn't destroyed.

... Umm... Maybe I should talk about things that stand a chance of being addressed in 'Meteor', eh? Well, I'll agree that jump Vs fly should be more distinct... and... I probably sound stupid for asking this, but is there a crouch or duck type move? Not too useful I suppose, but could be a lifesaver when you've got a ki volley and need to do something beside spend your time deflecting and running. And... other stuff.

Though really, with the timeframe and lack of advertsising on changes in mechanics and storyline... Meh, I guess there are a few months left for that. Still, I'd figure some of the biggest things would come out pretty early, and so far all we seem to have are a few new characters and the day/night/transformation sequence bit--awesome though they may be, it hardly warrants a new release that isn't downloadable. Hmm, I should run through the tutorial in BT1 for comparison's sake?

Limb damage. In-game tail removal. And rice crispeys. I mean, if Cell, Piccolo and Buu get to regenerate, then they must take damage that other characters should take as well, right? And... umm... Buu should turn people into rice crispey... treats...? Hyper Dimention style indeed!

Reaction time on the not-super moves... Kaioken was somewhat slow in the first game, and the first time we see it used, Kaioken is... urm... not so slow to activate. And I should really learn to use Taiyoken to run away, not to attack... :O... but I think that's a me problem. ^^.

Having dragonballs inside the arenas was a nice touch, in my opinion. Now, a dragon radar would be nice. Heck, you could even switch targeting from the enemy to the DB (!), which would be ... well, dangerous, but would make finding them much easier and quicker, so decisions and such.

Wait... do scouters in either of the previous two games break? That'd probably vacate their purpose in the game, but hey, it'd be cool... :P. And maybe... just maybe... Vegeta can look at Goku's power level...

Hmm, going back to the legends-esque concept that probably won't be used, and breaking a lot of "this isn't <othergame>", but... support characters? As like a third teammember or whatever, so they'd take up a team slot. Well, that'd take care of the dragon radar thing, wouldn't it? (Bulma, Etc). And There's always Dende, and we could rework a lot of pointless full fighters into smaller versions that don't do much directly anyway (random Freeza Henchmen, but keep specific ones like Cui and Appule). Umm... blah, I'm in random Sparking Mod mode today and had best stop typing...
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

baragon_kun
Beyond Newbie

Post by baragon_kun » Fri May 25, 2007 9:00 pm

if there Enogh DBZ Characters

Please Bandai Namco, Dont Add More DBZ Characters, put more Dragonball Characters, i want to see

Kid Krillin
Chi Chi (i think is could be more Probably see her in her Child form)
Eighter/Hat-chan(Android n.-8)
General Blue
Tambourine
Guillan
The monster Who Appears in the General White tower
Tambourine

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Fri May 25, 2007 11:32 pm

DNA wrote:Do I look like I care about who's making the game?
Well, gee, you're welcome. I, too, am glad you learned something today.
Now, you can insult the actual developers of the game. Ain't that great?
Well... Unless, of course, you care enough to call them "lazy bastards" but not quite enough to make sure you're talking about the right guys. But you're not an ass, are you?
Instead of commenting about my views you just grab a single mistake
Do I have to comment about your views?
I told you before, save your smart-ass corrections to others.
Amusing. Who do you think you are to order people around? I don't remember you telling me that before, and I predict I'll forget again. I'll correct your mistakes if I want to.
I wasn't being a smart-ass (but you turn out to be so nice...), I was simply being informative. Reasonable people tend to find that helpful. No, really. Ask around.
And again, you're welcome. Prick.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat May 26, 2007 1:03 am

I'm not going to list my character wishlist again since I already did it in probably about 20 other fucking topics in this forum since I first joined many a year ago.

Instead, I'm going to ponder what gameplay fixes and other options I hope are in.

-Like everyone, more optional storylines. But let's make them open-ended! Let's say you're playing the Saiyan Saga and you choose to play Goku instead of Piccolo. You beat Raditz as Goku. There is a cutscene of Piccolo sacrificing himself and Goku kills both Raditz and Piccolo. You would be able to continue the story from there.

-Better fucking fighting engine. I really shouldn't have to explain.

-As was said, no stupid physics to make the "weaker" characters even weaker. We don't need a third of the cast to be worse than Dan Hibiki in the hands of a SF noob.

-Better alternate costumes. Use more actual standard stuff that is used in the anime manga, such bomber jacket Goku, Bad Man Vegeta, Movie 9 Gohan.... Hell, giving Adult Gohan his GT garb, or 18 her GT clothes and such would be better for a GT storyline than being lazy and putting everyone in their Z uniforms.

-Hell, let's GET a proper GT storyline! Have Goku wished back to a kid, goddamn it! I'm tired of adult Goku in GT. I also want some damn Dragon Ball storyline options.

-In story mode, when fighting multiple of one character type (i.e. Cell Jr.'s, Saibamen, Freeza's Henchmen), have it in an Urban Reign-style brawl.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Sat May 26, 2007 4:01 am

I really hope that they make it so you can use two of the same person for the more powerful types. Like two Bojacks or two Bebi. BT2 was not so nice to play due to this limitation.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Cure-Black
Banned

?

Post by Cure-Black » Sat May 26, 2007 4:29 am

One thing I hope for is that, people can be real, stick to facts, stop using the word "LAZY" so freely, and stop with all the unneeded selfish wants and jus' appreciate things in life more, big or small this being a small one.

Sparking was alright but was'nt great, in all honesty it was the skeletal frame for which brought about the comercially/funtionally sucessful sucess which is Sparking NEO.

Sparking NEO is by far the absolute faithful video game fruition of what Dragonball (as a whole) really is, being real.....all that really needs to be done is add upon and improve whats all ready been crafted like.....

little graphical things like....
dust clouds when..... powering up/doing certain ki/rush attacks or anything that might cause dust to rise when near ground/water. and mabye a little earth rattling when powering up that would be cool.

Conanical thing like....
Oozaru tranformation happening only at night when the full moons out but they've seemed to address this already as you may know

light effects like...
although this was improved upon in Sparking Neo it has once again been done again even better as u can see from this pic with the light shadowing technique.....cool lolz
http://www.wii-volution.com/images/wii/ ... zbt303.jpg

Combat struggles like.....
we got the ki power struggles
we got the melee struggles.....now how about adding,

ki repeling struggles reminicent of budokai 2/3 were the vitum of the attack can try and repel the attack with their bard hands either away into the sky or back at the opponent depending on how high you score on the struggle bar.

also light speed clash struggles.....
You know when the two fighters would repeatedly go back and forth across the landscape landing a powerful collideing hit when they meet up again making that big force wave/sound....yeah I'm sure you know.

Grab specials....
When i say this i mean somthng in the fashion of like, lets say your fighting Goku against Buu, grabbing Buu will not give you the defualt grab but rather Goku grabbing his anttena on his head and doing somthing cool from there, or even with Goku vs Freeza with Goku grabbing that tail like he does lolz, I'm sure you get the idea of this system (but it "HAS" to be character coresponding, not everytone can do this and not in any form)

Some generic ki customizing...
like being able to allow characters do generic ki attacks (not trademark) to add a little more depth into the system stuff like rapid ki blast done in various fashions occording to the character. (this can disreguarded though)

Yeah i know, i aswell long for an appropriate GT story line but it aint like i did'nt enjoy the game cause of somthing stupid like that. Be real people!

And as far as characters go here are some resonable predictions...

Nail
King Vegeta
King Cold
GT kid Goku
GT Trunks
GT Goten
GT Gohan (possible alternate outfit)
GT Vegeta (possible alternate outfit)
Dr. Wheelo
Kuririn (Dragonball)
Bio Broli
General Rilld
Andriod 14
Andriod 15
Garlic jr. (movie) henchmen (Nikki,Ginger,Sansho)
Bojack Henchmen (Gokua,Bido,Bujin)
Coola Henchmen (Dore,Naise)
Babidi Henchmen (Pui Pui i really like him, Yakon)
Tullece Henchmen (he could really use em' cause his arc in the story mode was lacking)
Chibi Ubb
Goku jr.
Vegeta jr.
Remaing Evil Dragons

All in all, Sparking Meteor seems very promising for whatever they may plan on doing I'm sure it'll be worth while, cause as big a change there was from Sparking to Sparking NEO its high doutable that it would be any lesser than the 2nd.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat May 26, 2007 5:20 am

Seems like the cover-art for the Pal version's starting to show up, and I can't say I'm impressed :/

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat May 26, 2007 7:35 am

If real, that's hideous.

Also, for a gameplay fix: Oozaru and other giant characters shouldn't be so godly and resistant to melee attacks. If you're going to make the game so that Videl can keep up with Hildegarn to begin with, you may as well let her hurt him, too.
Trunks & Goten forever

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Sat May 26, 2007 9:05 am

There's no way that cover is real. There's some bad Photoshopping there. The "PAL" tag is not positioned right. What about that white line thing under "PlayStation2"? And the it's Bandai Namco now... so many mistakes.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sat May 26, 2007 9:14 am

That cover is absolutely horrendous! :shock: Definitely Photoshopped.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sat May 26, 2007 10:04 am

*barfs*

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat May 26, 2007 11:03 am

I'm 99% sure that it's fake. There's just so much... off with it. The sqaushed dimensions of Goku and Vegeta, the random bluring on some of the borders but not all, and absolutely no trace of the new characters. True, BT2 only featured it's new charas on the side bar and back, but the choice of BG characters here is odd too. Zangya, 13, and the large Jenemba on the right with Cooler and Piccolo on the left....

And then you've got Goku. Goku with blue in his hair (and on his face) and yellow on his face. Look between his hair and his eyebrow. See that? Yep, someone wasn't paying attention when they used the fill tool. There's also yellow on his armband by his hair that looks like it's trying to pretend it's a glow/outline but clearly isn't.... Oh, and his eyes are blue.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat May 26, 2007 11:12 am

Remember the horrible-looking cover for Shin Budokai 2 that everyone was oh-so-sure was a bad photoshop, but ended up just being a prototype version of the much better-looking final?

Yeah. All I'm saying.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sat May 26, 2007 11:20 am

I'm pretty sure its a fake for one thing there using the 3 from the old budokai 3 box. Plus not being made very well

Then again i could be wrong most of the american/europe box art are pretty crap

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Sat May 26, 2007 1:14 pm

For the "Tenkaichi" series we always got the original Japanese cover here in Europe. I don't see why this time will be different.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Re: ?

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Sat May 26, 2007 1:45 pm

Cure-Black wrote:One thing I hope for is that, people can be real, stick to facts, stop using the word "LAZY" so freely, and stop with all the unneeded selfish wants and jus' appreciate things in life more, big or small this being a small one.
IMHO, it IS being Lazy. Instead of using the word "freely", I'll justify my means. Sparking! NEO was mostly the same game from it's prequel. The only saving graces were the Ultimate Blasts, RPG-esque features (which was done by Budokai 3 mind you), character roster, & somewhat fixed camera angle. At core the controls & gameplay were mostly the same. However it can't be helped since they don't have for development & Bandai-Namco Japan/Atari wants their hands on our money. I'm gonna stick to a rental for this one. As far as unneeded selfish wants go....dude it's a forum. People are here to bitch & whine in a civil manner. It's just a matter of getting ideas out there & who knows maybe an Atari/Spike rep might be reading this right now (one can dream).
Sparking NEO is by far the absolute faithful video game fruition of what Dragonball (as a whole) really is, being real.....all that really needs to be done is add upon and improve whats all ready been crafted like...
I'll agree to that, but by far a stand along good game overall. Just a good Dragon Ball game.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sat May 26, 2007 2:20 pm

Nyoibo wrote:There's no way that cover is real. There's some bad Photoshopping there. The "PAL" tag is not positioned right. What about that white line thing under "PlayStation2"? And the it's Bandai Namco now... so many mistakes.
On top of that, Atari has no business in the european publication of the DBZ games. XD

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sat May 26, 2007 4:00 pm

Sorry if theses are old guys. They looks sort of new to me and I couldn't see them posted so I thought I would share.

King Cold

King Vegeta

Nail

kid goku looking at the moon

A few more
http://www.thewiire.com/media/228/1/Dra ... enkaichi_3

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sat May 26, 2007 5:38 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote:Also, they need to fix the Random Selecter. I'll tell it to chose a random custom character and they're not custom.
The thing with that may be that the random character it selected didn't have anything equipped from Evolution Z before, and it didn't choose any random items for you. Maybe it would've worked if the character it randomly selected already had some items equipped from before.
It's just a guess though. I never actually tried it to see how it happens.