Dragonball Advanced Adventure

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Dragonball Advanced Adventure

Post by Victator Supreme » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:54 am

I bought this recently and think that it is a great game. Is there a reason a sequel has not been made?

Shin Moonwalker
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragonball Advanced Adventure

Post by Shin Moonwalker » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:38 am

Victator Supreme wrote:Is there a reason a sequal has not been made?
Maybe because, except for the Piccolo Jr Saga, the Dragon Ball storyline was complete ? :)

Son Gohan

Post by Son Gohan » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:39 am

I don't think it'll be a sequel, but if there is, it'll probably come out for the Nintendo DS, but i think they're going to carry on with the Harukanaru Goku Densetsu ( AKA Harukanaru Densetsu, Goku Densetsu ) series instead.

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:06 am

Maybe because, except for the Piccolo Jr Saga, the Dragon Ball storyline was complete ?
I was speaking of continuing into DBZ.

Shin Moonwalker
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shin Moonwalker » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:25 am

Then the gameplay wouldn't be adapted, and there are already so many DBZ games, what is so great about Advanced Adventure is that it's based on the original part of the story :)

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:32 pm

Whats great is its a kickass side scroller. Only new thing it would need is to let characters fly and thats easy enough.

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:50 pm

I picked this up at Best Buy for $10. Excellent game for a great price if you ask me.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:24 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:32 pm

Geez, you guys picked a good time to discuss this game, since I now desperately want to play it but can't find my copy...

EDIT: Also, how 'bout a subtopic? Favorite character to use in VS Mode? Mine would be Tenshinhan, all the way.
Last edited by Kaboom on Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:32 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:Still, it would have been nice if it included the Ma Junior storyline, thus wrapping the game up as a more "complete" original DB game. All it would've taken really was one extra Budokai level with some extra characters.
ChiChi wouldn't have made sense, though, since they cut her out of the story.

Adey
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adey » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:01 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Geez, you guys picked a good time to discuss this game, since I now desperately want to play it but can't find my copy...

EDIT: Also, how 'bout a subtopic? Favorite character to use in VS Mode? Mine would be Tenshinhan, all the way.

Same, can't beat the Kikoho!
Although King Piccolo's huge energy wave is pretty damn cool..

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:15 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:It makes those awful Legacy of Goku games look like raving jokes in comparison.
The first Legacy of Goku game, definitely. But come on, Legacy of Goku II was spectacular for a GBA RPG based on the entire Trunks/Android/Cell arc. Hell, it not only inspired that world flying stage in Budokai 3 and NEO, but Japan brought it over there for an International release; that's how great it was. And Buu's Fury, no way in Hell that sucks, I loved getting a continued RPG structure in that game which actually tied in movies 10 and 12 with other original elements to some pretty cool results. Yeah, America can actually make some damn good DBZ games (sans LoG 1, Taiketsu, GT Transformation, and Sagas). :wink:
14 years later

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:23 am

Brad Redfield wrote:I picked this up at Best Buy for $10. Excellent game for a great price if you ask me.
When did you buy it? I've been playing a friends copy.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:29 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:56 pm

Victator Supreme wrote:
Brad Redfield wrote:I picked this up at Best Buy for $10. Excellent game for a great price if you ask me.
When did you buy it? I've been playing a friends copy.
About three weeks ago. They have other GBA games for $10 too.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:15 pm

I hope this doesn't count as necro-posting, and I don't see a thread anywhere else here for it, but does anyone know where to get the second Super Skill Water (Item No. 8 )? I've followed a bunch of guides, but they're wrong every time. :?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:37 pm

According to GameFAQs, it's findable after fighting Metallic, though I don't know if that's one of the guides that have already failed you...
A GameFAQs Guide wrote:2.8.2 Second Part of the level
-> Items found around here:
--- Super Skill Water (item number 8)

Continue climbing the stairs, break the box and go left for a capsule that
has an item that increases your pole lenght (item number 8). Then, return
to the place with the box and go left until the place with 2 boxes, where
you will find a "!" point with lots of flying cameras. Then, keep on going
left but be careful with the first 2 boxes, since one of them has an
explosive red robot. Then you will find another 2 boxes and a "!" point.
Another 2 boxes, a "!" point and up the stairs. Break the box for an item
that will fully heal you, and then go right for another boss battle.
Hey, does anyone know off the top of their heads how much this game goes for Used? After a long period of searchin, I'm assuming my copy lost at this point...

What the hell? GameStop.com doesn't even have a listing for it! Nothing before the PS2 games! This is pathetic... it's awful how game retailers are just blowing off and devaluing any systems or games any more than 3 years old. I can't even trade in my PsX towards a Ps2...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:57 am

That game is awesome and I love it 8) unfortnaly everyone seems to forget that Ma Jr. Saga even exists, I haven't seen it in any game, ever. On the questions part, is there any Cyborg Tao face plate in the game? Or is he just exclusive for the Arcade Mode?

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:19 pm

DNA wrote:unfortnaly everyone seems to forget that Ma Jr. Saga even exists, I haven't seen it in any game, ever.
DragonBall 3: Gokuuden for the NES, DragonBall Z: Gokuu Hishouden for the Gameboy, and DragonBall Z Super Gokuuden 2 and DragonBall Z Super Butouden for the SNES all cover it.