"Sparking! METEOR" Help Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:27 am

I believe its the same as in BT2, just equip him with 'Halo'.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:08 pm

Is there any pattern to how to train in Sim Dragon? I've been trying to figure it out, but all I figured out is that training actually decreases stas more than it increases them, regardless of what kind and when you do it.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:34 pm

The best thing to do is do the 'Ultimate Training' or whatever, the one that boosts both stats WAY up for a great deal of health. Then, rest for a day or two and gain health back, while losing some stats. Then, search for people, and with any luck you'll get either Mr. Popo with Hyperbolic Time Chamber training, or Elder Kai with his training. If you get Elder Kai training, you are SET unless you're low on health. With any luck, you can rest for another day or two before the fight, lose very little stats, and be at full health.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:12 pm

I've been trying to learn Sonic Sway and Z Counter (the up + Square one) for so long, and I still don't get it. I've only gotten them a few times during dozens of tries. It doesn't help that I can't make the AI use only rush attacks in Training.

Can anyone explain what the timing is on these, like when I'm supposed to use them? Is it before the Rush hit connects with me? Is it exactly when the hit connects with me? Can they only be used at the first Rush hit, or can they still be used in the middle of a Rush (say, the first two hits hit me, can I still counter the rest?)? Can they be used to counter Smash attacks? I don't get it. I've looked at the videos on Jipang's website, but I still can't do them myself. :?

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:54 pm

Leotaku wrote:I've been trying to learn Sonic Sway and Z Counter (the up + Square one) for so long, and I still don't get it. I've only gotten them a few times during dozens of tries. It doesn't help that I can't make the AI use only rush attacks in Training.

Can anyone explain what the timing is on these, like when I'm supposed to use them? Is it before the Rush hit connects with me? Is it exactly when the hit connects with me? Can they only be used at the first Rush hit, or can they still be used in the middle of a Rush (say, the first two hits hit me, can I still counter the rest?)? Can they be used to counter Smash attacks? I don't get it. I've looked at the videos on Jipang's website, but I still can't do them myself. :?
To use "Sonic Sway" guard against a standard combo (Square Square Square Square) and during there combo press Triangle (Energy) along with Circle (Guard) will activate Sonic Sway (You will dodge the entire opponents combo till they stop and you will smash them away).

*Note only works against standard Square combo (Not against Triangle or charged attacks).

I can't help you with Z Counter because I can't do it either.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:16 am

Thanks, Sshadow5001. I'll see if I can get the timing right on that.
And at least it's nice to know I'm not the only one that can't do the Z Counter.

Here's another one; does anyone know how to do the move where you ping-pong your opponent back and forth? It's not the Vanishing Attack (the one that you do after a Smash attack). I've only done it around two times, so I may not be remembering this accurately, but I think it happened after an Auto Counter, and I hit the enemy back and forth in a smaller area (ie, it didn't seem to cover as much distance as the Vanishing Attack), and I THINK I was only using the Square button to do it.

Edit: Nevermind. That last one was the Tri Attack.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:27 am

Does anyone know how to stop rush attacks? I mean, the special Blast 2 rush attacks; the scripted combo ones.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:27 am

Leotaku wrote:Does anyone know how to stop rush attacks? I mean, the special Blast 2 rush attacks; the scripted combo ones.
Do you mean like Broly's Ultimate and Father Son Kamehameha?
I don’t think you can stop those but you can attempt to dodge them.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:56 am

Hmm...I'm not sure if those two moves are the type I'm talking about. I don't remember them.

I mean Blast 2 rushes where the character charges at the opponent at high-speed. If they connect, a scripted combo/attack will play. I think all of Videl's Blast 2's are this kind of attack, for example.

They can be dodged with Rapid Movement (pressing the Guard button at the right time), but I'm not too good with it. I was wondering if there was a special block that could stop them, like the previous game had. It had a special block that would stop their Rush, but Guard Crush you and take some of your Ki. I dunno if it's not in this game, or if I've just been doing it wrong.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:05 am

Oh standard rush B2'S if you press O just before the Rush hits you will dodge it though I find it to hard to time sometimes so I just guard (you loose a bit of KI but it prevents the rush from continuing). There are items to prevent guard crushes so I guess that could work against Rush Queens like Videl though I’ve never tested it?

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:15 pm

OK. Thanks again. :)

A normal guard is what I was looking for. Just anything to stop a Rush. Strange, I tried just blocking it before and it wouldn't work. I tried it again just now though, and it did. I wonder if I was just too slow before that my block animation wasn't going in before the Rush connected.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:47 am

I've had the PS2 Version for a few weeks already, but this question is for the Wii Version:

Why is there a huge lag in Wi-Fi mode?!
Last edited by El Diabeetus on Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:51 am

I've heard they're working on resolving that by January. That's all the help I can be. Sorry. :?
Twitter

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:07 pm

I never bothered to make teams or team-attack in NEO, but because I can't properly access R3, Nappa keeps beating me into the ground. I've only gotten Tenshinhan and Chaoutzu switched maybe 3 times (with the latter easily being the stronger of the two) and I can't seem to get the hang of it.

Is there an easy way to access R3?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:31 pm

Do you mean R3 so that you can change characters in story mode? If so, once you have the little R3 command in the corner of the screen, just do what you can to knock him to the ground, blast him with a Kamehameha or Dodonpa if you have to. Then, fly as far away from him as you can as fast as you can, and hope he doesn't follow you. If he doesn't, then the R3 command should be highlighted instead of shadowed, and you can press it to change characters.
Twitter

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:48 pm

Thank you very much. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:01 pm

No problem! Hope it works for ya. :D

I have a question myself actually. If you try to go Oozaru with King Vegeta or Vegeta (Scouter) or Turles in a place that already has a moon, do they just use the moon that's there or do they still throw up a moon orb?
Twitter

Deathlike_Silence

Post by Deathlike_Silence » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:12 pm

I think they just use the moon already there.
I have question about the Red Shenron's wish. What is this? Do I have to get different dragonballs or what?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:16 pm

No, you just need the regular Dragon Balls. As I understand it, the dragon you get is random. I wouldn't know though, cuz I got lucky and got the one I needed every time, but everyone says it's random.
Twitter

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:51 pm

Since Gamefaqs is useless at the moment and I don't feel like digging throug threads....

Can anyone please list how to unlock the What Ifs I've been hearing about? Like who should I beat and when?