Memorable experiences with DB games?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:36 am

I'd just beat up dinosaurs.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:56 am

My most memorable moments was with Budokai, when I was doing the World Tournament and realised that the best way to beat the highest level was with Mr. Satan.

I felt... right...

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:00 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
SSJmole wrote:Budokai 1's Mini-cell story :lol: even after 2 + 3 came out I would still pop in 1 just play that story over and over over. I loved it. It was both awesome and hilarious.
Did you ever catch the weird Yamcha fart?
Don't think so

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:10 pm

SSJmole wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:
SSJmole wrote:Budokai 1's Mini-cell story :lol: even after 2 + 3 came out I would still pop in 1 just play that story over and over over. I loved it. It was both awesome and hilarious.
Did you ever catch the weird Yamcha fart?
Don't think so
Listen when Yamcha pulls his arm back in the cutscene.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:43 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
SSJmole wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote: Did you ever catch the weird Yamcha fart?
Don't think so
I'll have to youtube it. No longer have ps2 to play it :(

Why couldn't burst limit have remade that what if :(

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:47 pm

I will never forget the first Budokai game it was my first dragonball Z fighting game and it was awesome! I got it Christmas morning the year it came out(think I was 12) and I spent the rest of break in my room just playing that game for hours on end. To me, so far it had the best set up for a story mode. :D
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:19 pm

I will never forget the euphoric rush I got when I not only finally beat for the first time, but completely and utterly whooped in the process, that god-modded SSj Goku from SuperSonic Warriors 2.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:37 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:I will never forget the euphoric rush I got when I not only finally beat for the first time, but completely and utterly whooped in the process, that god-modded SSj Goku from SuperSonic Warriors 2.
Oh man that was an amazing fight! It took me awhile to take him down. SSW2 had the best background music to date for a DBZ game IMO.

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:39 pm

My most memorable experience is playing World Tournament mode on B3 with 6 friends at Cell Games difficulty. Ah, fucking good times...
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Butoden 1 was how I actually got introduced to DBZ, my college roommate had it emulated on his computer. It was the French version and I kept asking questions.

"Who's this Satan guy, doesn't really look like a devil? [Piccolo's name in French] What about this Vege guy? Why did Goku's hair just go gold? Hey, Satan and Vege joined my team when I beat them, why didn't this 'Free' guy?"
Trunks & Goten forever

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:27 pm

UB22: the game where the graphics issues were so glaringly obvious that the visually impaired child makes fun of them.
... And then uses them (but mostly the Vs ball in Final Bout) to gauge the subsequent decline in vision to uselessness... Shiny... ball...

Ah, totally just remembered that almost immediately after getting Super Butoden 3, we wound up on our way to Florida, and decided to put a TV/VCR/SNES in the vehicle... basically making the trip me trying to figure it out (and trying to figure out the Japanon the menus to make sense of certain moves... mainly the grapple-throws...).

And there was that time that we has the SNES in my sister's room, and we had a friend-family over, and people (ur, sister and cousins?) were in there, but not letting guest-daughter in. Meanwhile, the Super Butoden games come up in conversation, so me / dad / guest father go back there to request access, but before hearing the request, sister's all like, "We don't want her in here!", and... ur... everyone left. With no gameness. :(.

Ah, and that one time, at ... summer... thing... where I described Buu to someone based on what I'd seen in Super Butoden 3 (I described him as big fat and tan-ish with no shirt... Buu only really looked pink to me in Legends... maybe Final Bout...), and another guy that's played Super Butoden 2 says "Ah, so that's who that is...". I think he thought I was describing Broli... O.O.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:01 pm

There was this one time I went against my brother in Budokai 3. He was Vegeta and I was Goku. We both went SSJ4, and it ended with a beam struggle that wasn't set up.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Zitese
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zitese » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Xmas of 03 where I played Budokai 2 from 11PM December 24th right until 9PM December 25th.

I had beaten the game 100% (Well, aside from some useless capsules) but that little binge-gaming session left me asleep for about 14 hours the following night XD
Buy my rice and curry?

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:49 pm

Xmas of 03 where I played Budokai 2 from 11PM December 24th right until 9PM December 25th.

I had beaten the game 100% (Well, aside from some useless capsules) but that little binge-gaming session left me asleep for about 14 hours the following night XD
:shock: 22 hours playing one game! That's insane.

I think the most time I have ever spent playing a game was Harvest Moon 64. But it was on and off for one day, not all at once.

On Topic:
I was playing Tenkaichi 3 with a friend. I was playing as Goku and he was Gotenks. I double tapped "B" to grab but somehow the game thought I hit him with a heavy knockback, so what happened was he was sent flying through the air with the animation of being spun around as if Goku was doing his throw. Which looked wierd.

I love glitches.

DBZGokuSaiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZGokuSaiyan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:28 am

NeptuneKai wrote:
SSJmole wrote:
Don't think so
Oh my gosh, I literally ROFL'd when I heard it. XD Can't believe I never noticed it. Thanks for sharing, NeptuneKai! :D
Get Sponsored. Give Back.

SocialVibe

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:41 pm

Beating up Alligators in Legacy of Goku II with Piccolo. 8)
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:14 am

Let's see...

Budokai 1 was great for me. I loved the story mode and I actually got quite used to the Japanese voices, so when I went back to play BT3, I was like "Hmm, this feels weird." And SSJ2 Gohan when he said "Ka...me...ha...me...haaaa!" in a high-pitched voice sent a shiver down my spine. The Legend Of Mr. Satan...awesome mode as well. The music was great too.

Ultimate Battle 22. While its gameplay was, frankly, awful, the special moves that you had to execute was, while it was so cheap and unclear what they were from the manual, it was so cool to perform a move and be pleased to find out it was the Light Grenade or Tri-Beam. And the music kicked ass too. Final Bout's music kicked ass too, but still had crappy gameplay. I was kind of annoyed however, when there was, like, 3 versions of Goku.

LoG and LoG II were brilliant. Story mode great. Budokai 2 - music great. Story mode weird.

BT3 had awesome music and gameplay, remains one of the best DBZ games in history.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:17 am

NeptuneKai wrote:
SSJmole wrote:
Don't think so
That isn't a fart. That's just the sound that happens when Yamcha does his Wolf Fang Fist.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:51 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:I was kind of annoyed however, when there was, like, 3 versions of Goku.
Yeah, it was around 3.

Just double it a little. :P

And, even though nobody cares, here's the complete list of the playable Gokus in Final Bout! :D

Son Goku (Adult - GT - Normal) (immediately playable)
Son Goku (Child - GT - Normal) (immediately playable)
Son Goku (Adult - GT - SSJ) (unlockable through first code)
Son Goku (Child - GT - SSJ) (unlockable through first code)
Son Goku (Adult - Z - SSJ) (unlockable through first code)
Son Goku (Adult - GT - SSJ4) (unlockable through second code)
Vegetto (Fusion w/ Vegeta - Z - Super Vegetto) (unlockable through first code)

So, if you count Vegetto (c'mon! Goku's 50% of him! :P) there are seven versions of Goku in Final Bout.

Seven.

:shock:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:39 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:
SSJmole wrote: Don't think so
That isn't a fart. That's just the sound that happens when Yamcha does his Wolf Fang Fist.
No, I mean after he makes his long speech and Tenshinhan puts his hand on Yamcha's shoulder. He pulls his arm back and farts.